Dobyns-Bennent, State Champs?

Rolltribe37

Dont have a horse in this game but if DB over looks WB their beat. Keep counting those chickens boys and you'll get peck in the behind. Even though their fourth in the region they could have easily had been 1st. Ask big ole Ooltawah about that game. Region 2 has 4 good football teams or maybe not will find out next week.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB has a shot at winning state, but they have to go through one of the toughest roads to get there.

1st round matchup against William Blount, then a possible 2nd round matchup against Bearden or Farragut, and a quaterfinal matchup @Ooltewah, and possibly Gallatin or Riverdale in the Semi's

If Ooltewah manages to lose before the quarterfinals, DB will get to face either McMinn or Sevier Co.

The Indians will have to play every game like it's the championship game.

Edited by THSVikings2004

The best thing that could happen to DB is to lose to Science Hill this week. Before you say, wait a minute, that would be bad, think about the drive they will have and the seriousness they will bring to the playoffs. This young group of boys doesn't know defeat, and a taste of that could carry them a long way in the playoffs.

Or they could stay focused and win all the way, either way will work :thumb:

I don't think anyone "claimed" a title...merely asking if the Tribe has what it takes which is only someones opinion since they will actually decide the championship on the field. And that conference champ thing with a win over a down Oak Ridge didn't seem to stop the Owls from storming the field Friday against the Wildcats. Db won the OR game with a healty Gulmire at QB and held them to 3 points until the final 2 minutes of the game against the 3rd team D. Who has DB supposedly given up "lots of yards" to? They've shut down most of the teams they have played so I'm not sure what game you are referring to. And the most any opponent has scored on them is 13 by Sevier County.

To say they haven't been tested contradicts what the schedule strength says (per coacht)...DB 27th vs Ooltewah 38th. You can analyze schedules all day and say that 1-5a was "weak"...but the 2-5A #2 did lose badly to a 4A team, Knox Central. That same 4A was beaten by the 1-5A #3, Bearden (the only other loss by Central is to Maryville). But that is only opinion. What are Ooltewah's big wins?

Don't get me wrong...I'm not handing DB or anyone the golden ball but they have as mucha chance as anyone.

I really don't think you saw Oak Ridge play Ooltewah because no one stormed the field. Fans walking onto the field after the game to congratulate their kids is not storming the field. No one was running onto it. Ooltewah did beat Region 3-5a champions and region 4-4a's runner-up. There are only 3 good teams in region 1 and 5 in region 2. Region 2 is 3-1 against Region 1 this year.

D-B has no real threat to their championship bid from regions 1&2. Region 2 was as weak as any region in the state this year any team from that region making it to round three is not likley I predict that game will be between two region 1 teams. If a region 2 team makes it to that game it's a no-brainer for the Tribe. Not sure about the teams in Regions 3 & 4 but I will be by the time that game happens. The tribe seems to be peaking at the right time so at this time I expect them to be in the Boro in December.

Glad the Tribe is just peaking while the Owls are obviously on the downslide after the total domination at Blankenship last Friday of your Cat's. Saw someone mention holding OR to 3 pts until 4th quarter, Owls did just the opposite game up a quick 65 yard drive in first 3 min then held em to basically no offense rest of game. What were stat's Wildman maybe you can refresh our memories 7 First downs and 105 yards Offense (65 of which on first drive of game) vs. 300 yard for Owls almost perfectly 150-150 pass rush? hmm.. Can't wait til Owls peak.

I think if DB keeps playing like they have been and dont loose focus or intensity they will do just fine in the play-offs hopefuly state champs this team of seniors have been watched since 8th grade and has been expected to do great things and i think they will

Fear The Spear

i agree, fear the spear

This20Arrow20is20not20Broken.jpg

:o

Edited by fearthespear08

:o Well said! Whoever is on here saying that region 2 is weak apparantly has only seen Oak Ridge. Oh yeah, they didn't even make the playoffs did they. DB better stay awake because they won't see another region 1 team once the playoffs start. Any one of the region 2 teams could be traveling west in 4 weeks, only DB has a chance from region 1. My Darkhorse to make some noise- the other tribe! McMinn Co. They are just now learning how to win and as long as the coach stays in the game look out!

Dont have a horse in this game but if DB over looks WB their beat. Keep counting those chickens boys and you'll get peck in the behind. Even though their fourth in the region they could have easily had been 1st. Ask big ole Ooltawah about that game. Region 2 has 4 good football teams or maybe not will find out next week.

If you call running out on the field as STORMING THE FIELD then we stormed the field at the Heritage game as well. I guess we should act like we have been there? That cracks me up. We won the Region 2 5a championship by beating the Wildcats. I asked an Ooltewah fan about the big sign OR has at bottom of the scoreboard 2005 5a Region 2 championship. We are looking forward to having one on our scoreboard. By the way, running on the filed happens every game.No one thinks DB is weak. Youll see how weak our region is when the GOVS come to town. I HATE to play the GOVS. They will be ready youll see. Ooltewah was the fourth seed last year and beat DB. I know youre better this year .One reason Ooltewah is undefeated is they take one game at a time. It has been working for us so far :lol:

I don't think anyone "claimed" a title...merely asking if the Tribe has what it takes which is only someones opinion since they will actually decide the championship on the field. And that conference champ thing with a win over a down Oak Ridge didn't seem to stop the Owls from storming the field Friday against the Wildcats. Db won the OR game with a healty Gulmire at QB and held them to 3 points until the final 2 minutes of the game against the 3rd team D. Who has DB supposedly given up "lots of yards" to? They've shut down most of the teams they have played so I'm not sure what game you are referring to. And the most any opponent has scored on them is 13 by Sevier County.

To say they haven't been tested contradicts what the schedule strength says (per coacht)...DB 27th vs Ooltewah 38th. You can analyze schedules all day and say that 1-5a was "weak"...but the 2-5A #2 did lose badly to a 4A team, Knox Central. That same 4A was beaten by the 1-5A #3, Bearden (the only other loss by Central is to Maryville). But that is only opinion. What are Ooltewah's big wins?

Don't get me wrong...I'm not handing DB or anyone the golden ball but they have as mucha chance as anyone.