Dobyns-Bennent, State Champs?

Rolltribe37

Elizabethton game in '03 @ the Castle. Elizabethton was no favorite. I guess the only time DB got upset besides the playoffs, was that same year @ Karns. Greeneville beat them a year before that too. I really dont think you can call that an upset. G'ville was really good. They killed Eliz and TN High that year. I thought they would have beaten Mo West that year but lost. Cody Baugh was a great QB.

They were considered the better team until they lost to East that year. Tennessee only beat East by touchdown that year.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see who's upset after either the first or second round.....hahaha the usual D-B way, undefeated season with nothing to show for it when it comes to playoff time. Maybe finally the voters will realize D-B never was and still isn't #1 in 5A, but maybe they just do that cuz they know it'll make them choke when it really matters. Ootewah has D-B's # if they make it that far... D-B plays too many 4A Geographical rivals, if D-B plays a tougher non-conference scheduel, then they will start winning State Titles. The ingredients are there, the schedueling just kills their Title hopes. It's better to finish 9-1, 8-2, 7-3, and have been tested and find your team, then to roll through a scheduel 10-0. It's not rocket science, it's fact...

Edited by ftball89

just my 2 cents db may be 5 a state champs they could go all the way

but maryville is the best team in the state bar none

2 cents is about what thats worth. You got it right when you said DB "may" and "could" but you cant say Maryville "is" although they "might" be. They will not play Brentwood Ac., Riverdale, Ooltewah, DB, Ridgewood etc. I think it is a pretty safe bet that Maryville is the best in 4A though.

Well in that case, Tennessee hasn't lost in an upset since '97.

So when anyone else loses in the playoffs it was by a better team..always. When DB doesn't win the championship it was a choke...always? When your team loses it was because you were supposed to...when the Tribe loses it was because they choked....sounds like you have built in all the excuses for everyones failings. And by the way, it sounds like a very sad attitude when you are satisfied that you haven't won a title because you have played "better" teams. That is a great way to look at your program..."HEY, great year, we lost but hey we stared the year knowing we were supposed to lose!" Wow! Sounds like a great way to start every season by playing for runner-up. Reminder....the only 1-4A team to even get TO the Maryville game has been the 49-0 drubbing in 2004...sounds like you 1-4A guys have been choking. and looking at the titles brought back to this area, NO team is having success at the championship level. Not just DB :thumb: