Gatlinburg-Pittman

reaction

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I wasnt goin to say anything about how good GP was or wasnt. UNTIL I looked at the strength of schedule rankings on this very site. That is ridiculous for everyone to think they are such a good football team when their strength of schedule is 57th. That just absolutely blows me away. I thought they were a very good team, but now they are just a mediocre team in my mind. Absolutely ridiculous.

They play a very weak region

They could schedule harder non-region games

Guest Shocker0

Midway will beat them this week...and if they do, people might actually think Region 2 1A...YES 1A is a tougher region...or will they have to wait until the playoffs to prove that?

First, GP has played a weak schedule, BUT they have blown every team except one-South Greene-out of the water. Second, Alcoa does have more D1 prospects. However, everyone seems to think that means they will slaughter GP. That is completely untrue. GP got embarrassed 91-7 by Alcoa last year. GP is out for blood. Everyone must think that intangibles such as this just don't matter. Give them a chance or you're doing nothing more than adding bulliten board material on threads such as this. GP may not beat Alcoa, but I will be very suprised if the don't give Alcoa one heck of a game.

First, GP has played a weak schedule, BUT they have blown every team except one-South Greene-out of the water. Second, Alcoa does have more D1 prospects. However, everyone seems to think that means they will slaughter GP. That is completely untrue. GP got embarrassed 91-7 by Alcoa last year. GP is out for blood. Everyone must think that intangibles such as this just don't matter. Give them a chance or you're doing nothing more than adding bulliten board material on threads such as this. GP may not beat Alcoa, but I will be very suprised if the don't give Alcoa one heck of a game.

Well, since they got beat 91-7, and "they are out for blood", I say they loose by a smaller margin if they play maybe about 63-21.

One of the weakest regions??? Heck, its the weekest AA region BY FAR in the state... I'd even say its weaker than most A regions in the state... G-P is a pretty darn good team, but Alcoa is as far as they'll go...

Actually Region 8-2A is the weakest region. They have a total of 18 victories amongst 7 teams, while Region 1 has 23. <_<

LOW TIDE !

Edited by atnvol

GP is going to end up playin alcoa sometime in the playoffs and i cant wait till they get beat like last year ( 90 somethin to hardly anything )

I dont think GP will make it to the Alcoa game. I actually think they will get beat first round. However, if they do win they will more than likely have Loudon second round (assuming Loudon takes care of business 1st round) and I think Loudon will beat GP

GP is going to end up playin alcoa sometime in the playoffs and i cant wait till they get beat like last year ( 90 somethin to hardly anything )

GP won't have the chance to play Alcoa this year...Sweetwater or CAK will take care of them the 1st round.

Look at the scores from the Oliver Springs games:

GP over OS: 28-7

Sweetwater over OS: 41-0

CAK over OS: 29-7

CAK & GP may be a good matchup, but it's goodbye to them from there.

Hey, I think we're looking for a game to pick up for next year...why doesn't GP step up and offer to play Alcoa??? :thumb:

Edited by tornadogold