Gatlinburg-Pittman

reaction

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've sat back and kept quiet, just reading the posts.

The truth of the matter is that the true test will come on the 3rd with the 1st round of playoffs. In order for me to even halfway believe GP is for real, they'll have to beat Sweetwater soundly.

It's going to be interesting.

With all the talking going on by the GP fans, I'd love to see another match-up with Alcoa. I really don't see it happening. I think GP hasn't been tested all season, and this is the beginning.

Congratulations on a 10-0 season. Sorry, I just can't in good faith call it a "perfect" season due to the lack of competition they played.

That's funny .... The newspaper said the starters came out after going up 35 - 7 with 5 minutes to go in the game but then went back in on the next series so that Dodgen could set the team scoring record. ( which I have no problem with ) Looks like the starters played pretty much the whole game at least on the offensive side. Regardless , congrats on your perfect season. That is a great accomplishment. Good luck in post season play. B)

Another reason that coach hammonds put the 1st string back in is because midway was starting to play kind of dirty so after the 2nd or 3rd personal foul,and after yelling at the ref for awhile benny decided that if they were gonna play like that then we were going to get th 1st string back in there and run it down their throat one more time,then he did take the 1st string back out after a few defensive plays which i thought showed a lot of class! :thumb:

Another reason that coach hammonds put the 1st string back in is because midway was starting to play kind of dirty so after the 2nd or 3rd personal foul,and after yelling at the ref for awhile benny decided that if they were gonna play like that then we were going to get th 1st string back in there and run it down their throat one more time,then he did take the 1st string back out after a few defensive plays which i thought showed a lot of class! :thumb:

Just a question (so nobody get their panties in wad!): I thought GP doesn't purposely run up the score on anybody (as said in a previous post)?

If there were that many personal fouls, wouldn't it have been better to let the personal fouls rake up until someone was ejected from the game???

Just a question (so nobody get their panties in wad!): I thought GP doesn't purposely run up the score on anybody (as said in a previous post)?

If there were that many personal fouls, wouldn't it have been better to let the personal fouls rake up until someone was ejected from the game???

It wasnt purposely running it up,hammonds had his 2nd string in and then it started to get dirty,and he is gonna take up for his players and protect them,our players were starting to retaliate too and i kno he didnt want that.He didnt know that they would score on the next play,he probly just wanted our boys to knock the crap out of someone the legal way.

there was only one personal foul called during the game and it was on G-P on a punt in the fourth quarter.

There was also an offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct call on both teams in the fourth quarter. I know Coach Moser benched his player that was involved in that play for the rest of the game.

I also heard the officials warn both sides to quit their jawing or they'd be wtching the playoffs next week from the sidelines.

As far as running up the score, I thinkG-P's coach put his starters back in so that Dodgen could break the school's rushing record. It just happens he broke it on a 29-yard scoring run. I have no problem with that.

there was only one personal foul called during the game and it was on G-P on a punt in the fourth quarter.

There was also an offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct call on both teams in the fourth quarter. I know Coach Moser benched his player that was involved in that play for the rest of the game.

I also heard the officials warn both sides to quit their jawing or they'd be wtching the playoffs next week from the sidelines.

As far as running up the score, I thinkG-P's coach put his starters back in so that Dodgen could break the school's rushing record. It just happens he broke it on a 29-yard scoring run. I have no problem with that.

Goose, did G-P do their tumble out of the huddle????

What's made the difference in G-P this year? Different coaching staff? Transfers? Was the team really young last year?

I noticed they have the same schedule they had last year, but what a dramatic difference!

Same coaching staff and basically the same players,just a completely new attitude.The day after the embarrassment at alcoa they started training,there was no way they were going to let the same thing happen again,and all the hard work an dedication payed off for them this season and now they are a force to be wreckoned with. :blink: