Gatlinburg-Pittman

reaction

Same coaching staff and basically the same players,just a completely new attitude.The day after the embarrassment at alcoa they started training,there was no way they were going to let the same thing happen again,and all the hard work an dedication payed off for them this season and now they are a force to be wreckoned with. :blink:

untill they get to Alcoa.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i dont have a prediction on the score yet bc we both have to make it to the 3rd round.......but i GUARANTEE if we play alcoa they will not run all over us like last year,there is no way!

the forth round is already reserved for us. sorry.

Edited by noquarter

the forth round is already reserved for us. sorry.

Previously I attended the GP Midway game and Midway got spanked. I think that if Alcoa has the same attitude as they have had before, they've got another thing coming. Gp has the heart and dedication to win, and I believe that the tornados will fall apart. Hard work and dedication equals success.

Previously I attended the GP Midway game and Midway got spanked. I think that if Alcoa has the same attitude as they have had before, they've got another thing coming. Gp has the heart and dedication to win, and I believe that the tornados will fall apart. Hard work and dedication equals success.

Exactly, Alcoa has dedication and hard work, plus exceptional coaching, tons of athletes and a winning attitude. They have played a tough schedule and that will benefit them greatly. They have played tough teams in Fulton, Maryville and McCallie. Alcoa is ready for what 2a throws at them. Alcoa will take care of business. New coach, new attitude, still champions. I admire the turnaround GP has had, but their bus will be turned around at Alcoa, and a good season will end at Goddard field, and Alcoa will be one step closer to a third gold ball. Good luck GP, I look forward to watching a rematch.

Alcoa has the heart, dedication, discipline, and talent to go all the way. It's a different Alcoa team than the past few years. This team will not fall apart!

G-P is to be commended on turning their program around this year, unfortunately, their weak schedule will be the end of their season in the next week...or 2.

Hope I'm wrong; I'd love to see G-P come to Goddard Field and see just how good they are.

there was only one personal foul called during the game and it was on G-P on a punt in the fourth quarter.

There was also an offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct call on both teams in the fourth quarter. I know Coach Moser benched his player that was involved in that play for the rest of the game.

I also heard the officials warn both sides to quit their jawing or they'd be wtching the playoffs next week from the sidelines.

As far as running up the score, I thinkG-P's coach put his starters back in so that Dodgen could break the school's rushing record. It just happens he broke it on a 29-yard scoring run. I have no problem with that.

It wasn't just one player involved. Try 3. The officials just picked 1. How it was offsetting is anyones guess. I think Dodgen's record was the least thing on his mind at that point.

Good win for Pittman but you better take them one at a time. Last year Cumberland Gap was talking about their eventual meeting with Alcoa after week 10 and were sent into basketball season by the 4th seed fron region 2 in round 1.

:P

I've been watchin GP play a lot this year.. and i agree 100% that region 2 is way better than region 1 and I dont know how this topic went to GP vs. alcoa but i think your right when you say they need to take it one game at a time. I got faith they will keep winning as long as they focus on each game. Sweetwater is a tough team and GP needs to be prepared to play there best game and go from there.

U obviously dont know what ur talkin bout.....midway is a bad 1a team.....gp is terrible plain and simple they will get slaughtered first round of the playoffs no matter who they play.....rolltide37 u r an idiot

A couple of questions for you. 1. Have you seen GP play this year? 2. How long have you been following GP football? The way everyone on this site talks, it would be impossible for GP to be overrated because according most people, GP couldn't even compete in single A. And for the record, the GP glory days were the 1980's (and 1990). '90 was the only year in that decade that GP had a double digit win total. The 1980's produced six seasons with 10+ victories. With a win Friday, GP will have two such years in the current decade. GP may not have the win totals from the '80's, but they are still a very storied program that is still bery successful. They are also one of the best in East Tennessee.

ur a freakin idiot ....i cant believe they allow people as dumb as u on this ....its a disgrace... i cant wait to get back on here after gp loses in the 1st round

ur a freakin idiot ....i cant believe they allow people as dumb as u on this ....its a disgrace... i cant wait to get back on here after gp loses in the 1st round

Who is the idiot? You are the one with Auburn in your user name. I'm just surprised coacht hasn't locked you out. In the words of Hall of Famer Johnny U. "talk is cheap".

first of all you didnt even reply to what he said cause you know it is true. Second you talk about his screen name and you have charger as yours so you would be the idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all you have no idea why I have charger as a user name. Second, how do you reply to someone calling other people idiots when they have no idea who they are talking to. Third, let me guess, bear in your name comes from SC Smoky Bears. And if that is the case you just can't accept the fact that GP went 10-0 and you went 8-2.