Battle of the state at lipscomb allen area

timbdp

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen buddy, if your tallest player is 6'0" don't even show up cause you already lost. We could stand at half court and throw it to the raptors and let Gaines catch it on the way down for a lay-up everytime. Sorry charlie

Who is Charlie and why do you want to throw a ball to a raptor? Isn't that some kind of dinasour?

Buddy and the Union City guys showed up alright.

backinthaoc Dec 17 2006 - 08:55 AM Post #117

Record Holder

Group: CoachT+

Member No.: 49,348

QUOTE(BenStiller23 @ Dec 17 2006 - 02:36 AM)

i know about ricky taylor, but i'm wonderin about their posts, what are some sizes of their posts, i heard their tallest guy was 6'5"

I don't understand your preoccupation with height,but here is some info on Haywood Co....

They have three returning starters from a 30-5 team that lost in the first round of the state tournament last year...Ricky Taylor(6'3")G...Kenneth Greer(5'7")G....Harrison Greer(6'5")F.....They lost Jarvis Varnardo(6'9") who signed with Miss.State and Lee Liggon....This year they have a three-point sharp-shooter named Shaveon Comage(5'11")SR,he lit up Union City from the three point line and scored 20 points against the Tornadoes....They have other players with a little height,Dreakus Cole(6'2") and Brooks Russell(6'2")..Ricky Taylor is their leader and was the leading scorer in the Haywood-Union City game with 34 points....They are very quick and they are good shooters....They are coached by Winston Varnardo,who is in his second year at the school...

NOW do you understand? gaines had 21 and 8 andgarrett wood had 10 pts. 15 rebs. , that's why :lol:

--------------------

I guess you should have been preoccupied with speed rather than height.

i don't have time right now to read all these posts but i will later. the only thing i have to say is i watched every game of this tourney. union city is the best 1-A team in tennessee, not even close. they are the best team white house has played the last two years. last night they should've beat b.a. they were winning the whole game. white house hadn't allowed 60 pts. all year and union city put up 104. we had cut it to 12 in the 4th, but could never get it down to single digits. yall have a great coach, and great players. i'm glad we did get to play yall, yall will make us a lot better. we won't play any team as good as union city until the state tourney, (if we make it) i will say one thing, white house did not back down, they gave it all they had, just too many athletes, they are great shooters as well, i think mj had 21 in the 1st half, gotta give credit to coach mathis, he didn't want to slow the game down, he wanted to try to run with the tornadoes even though he knew it probably wouldn't work out, he wanted to try though to make us better in the long run. union city should definetly be in the championship, they would destroy lipscomb just like they did us, but unfortuneately the brackets didn't allow that. good luck to union city, even though they might not need it. :lol:

Well ur right it did sound like a excuse but like i said before..Union City is a single a school with NO recruits just hard work and good coaching..We just trying to get ready to defend our state title by playing great teams like BA and others..And u can rest asure that UC will be back to this tourny. because of the talent level their...And its not gonna get any easier for UC because they have to go to Popular Bluff tourny next and play national ranked teams..They will start out with Popular Bluff Mules 5a school that is hosting the tourny..Who do u think made that bracket..Hmm..UC beat Popular Bluff last year at their place in the first round..Im sure they are wanting revenge..And if we beat them again will will more than likely have to play ST. Louis Vashion that are nationaly ranked that were #1 nationaly ranked last year...So no im not making any eacuses for them..They lost and that is that..I just hope them teams in Popular Bluff take them lightly like Brentwood did..So my congrats goes out to BA for beating such a small single a school so conviencing...Good luck to BA!..

Do they have anger management programs in Union City? :lol:

DL beats BA

final score 62-65

Wow -- Congratulations to DL. Having seen the games on Thursday, I'd have not guessed that outcome.

I think BA will be ready for a break -- it's been a pretty intense week and with players out/sick the time off is needed.

Again, congrats to DL for a big tournament win.

Listen buddy, if your tallest player is 6'0" don't even show up cause you already lost. We could stand at half court and throw it to the raptors and let Gaines catch it on the way down for a lay-up everytime. Sorry charlie

I just wanted to bring this back, and let you know how wrong you were....I would take UC's 6'1 guy over your 6'7 guy anyday......Whoever said Gaines had gotten better conditioned, they are crazy....He was tired when they ran out for warm-ups....He barely made it down the court....I was very unimpressed with the Blue Devils with the way you and weezy hyped them up to be....I do wish your team the best of luck the rest of the season, though.....

And on another note, When Union City accepted their 3rd place trophy today...a couple of fans from White House booed, and was yelling UC has no class, and all that....I just want to say if any of you read this....You sirs, HAVE NO CLASS....

About the BA game......It was very entertaining to watch....I'm sure everybody though UC would just get blown up, but they proved they could compete with just about anybody....It took the 4-time defending state champs in Division 2 to give Union City their first loss, and UC gave them all they wanted.....I'm still in shock that BA got beat in the championship...Congrats to DL....

I enjoyed watching the games, and hope to make another trip someday....

Do anybody have updates on the Haywood/PioneerChristian and Ensworth/Sycamore games.I was just looking at Oak Hills schedule and seen were Pioneer Christian is playn Oak Hill in Jan.Im not sure that Pioneer Christian should be playn an Oak Hill and finishing 7th or 8th in this tournament.Great tournament and hope to make the trip back next year.