Which region of 3A will Stone Memorial be in?

brumfield

3-3A is a lil full, they're already a 9 team region. If Ston Memorial WAS put in region 3, would they split the region into a north and south or somethin? 10 teams is a few too many if you ask me.

Didn't really know that region 3 had 9 teams. Wow.. I was just thinking that Crossville High or Cumberland Co. as it is known as now have always played the teams towards Chattanooga. When the Jets were 3A they played teams like Hixson, Cleveland, Soddy Daisy, Red Bank just to name a few.

Looking forward to playing Stone next year and wish them the best.. playing in region 2.

3-3A is a lil full, they're already a 9 team region. If Ston Memorial WAS put in region 3, would they split the region into a north and south or somethin? 10 teams is a few too many if you ask me.

Didn't really know that region 3 had 9 teams. Wow.. I was just thinking that Crossville High or Cumberland Co. as it is known as now have always played the teams towards Chattanooga. When the Jets were 3A they played teams like Hixson, Cleveland, Soddy Daisy, Red Bank just to name a few.

Looking forward to playing Stone next year and wish them the best.. playing in region 2.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U barely beat us and we played a bunch of our worst freshmens like we do in all of our jv games.

"Stone memorial i have played them and if all they got who they put on the field when i was playing then they arent going to be that competitive."

Interesting!!!

Guest Shocker0

Bassfishing...Their whole team is a JV squad, so they have equal chances as you did...and that must have been their worst game because they beat most teams pretty easily, including THE ACTUAL, not the JV team of Cumberland County, a 5a school.

• 3 weeks later...

That region would be just a little to far to drive. Region 3 would have been the fit for them. If not mistaken LA wanted in region 3 couple years ago and were put in region 2. At first I thought it was a huge mistake but turned out to be a blessing. But the Cats are paying for it this year. Without a doubt region 2 is one of the toughest regions in any class in the state.

Stupid question but have to ask? How do they decide the Regions? Carter is only 10 Min from Austin East, about 15 Min from Fulton and 20-25 From Catholic? Just a question never have understood the logic behind it. :D

Stone cant compete with region 2 3a that was there starters for next year who played our jv how in the world r they going to compete when we actually couldve won and shouldve won the game. Quite puzzling to me. Our jv running back had 200 yds against ur starters for next year. So i hope yuns really work hard and improve cause it is going to take a while for yuns to even start winning. If u r wondering i play for Scott High.

Stupid question but have to ask? How do they decide the Regions? Carter is only 10 Min from Austin East, about 15 Min from Fulton and 20-25 From Catholic? Just a question never have understood the logic behind it. :thumb:

No that's not stupid a question I have thought the very same thing myself. I don't have a clue but I have heard that somebody is trying to push AE over into region 1 with Carter next year. Since Stone Memorial will join region 2 next year. And have also heard that Catholic may be leaving as well in 2 more years ?

LA is in a rock and a hard place. Do we want to drive 100 miles west and play in region 4, drive 100 miles south and be in region 3 or drive 100 miles east to play in region 2. Now were's the logic ?? I think we should just stay in region 2 and play the best teams anywhere in the state. That philosophy played out perfect last year when the Cats barely made the play-offs but got hot and won the Gold Ball.

In years past LA would make the play-offs and then run into teams with all those great athlete's and all that speed and were intimidated. But last year LA played the best teams in the state before they got to the play-offs and that was a major factor in their success last year.