No Mercy!

regit

I was thinking Satterfield might shoot for 100 this year :thumb:

Thats cold

I agree about this issue. It was a dead thing, and Kraeger doesn't mention the fact that the TC players didn't have much to work with as far as bench depth. Satterfield mentions it, but I don't think he was trying to cover his tracks by any means. The article shouldn't have been written. You have to let us play. We're kids. We're not there for workouts, practice, and meetings week in and week out if we don't want to get on the field and succeed. Even the freshman team feels that way. They could've filled the front page better with something stupid like Channel 5 did Sunday with the Titans players' cars. We don't care what they drive. They make millions to stink it up. We're kids. It's different.

good point

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sattefield does not dress freshmen so that he can say he only has 23 players on the team. Do you really believe that a school like Trousdale would only have 23 players on the roster? Kids would give anything to be on that team, because you are guaranteed a ring in your four-year career. Satterfield has been known to run it up consistently throughout his tenure as a headcoach. Why are giving him a break? Here is the thing, David Lipscomb wins big every week, but their coach is not known for running it up on you. The reason is because he knows that once he reaches a certain point, he will let up. He won't through it. Satterfield will purposefully try to put 90 up this weekend so that he can send a message to the teams around 1-A that he is back.

Also, if your freshmen team is in and you are throwing the ball up by 50 you should be fired. Freshmen play JV to get to run the real offense, they do not play varsity to get to do it. Dives and traps are all they should run, maybe an occasional toss. That is the entire point of having JV games, so they won't feel let out and they get to learn football during the Monday night games. Freshmen must learn that you have to earn it before you get to play in front of the big crowds on Friday nights.

Trousdale's roster at the beginning of the season listed 33 players, 21 of which were Freshmen (10) and Sophmores(11). Due to different injuries they have seldom dressed over 30 for a game. They play no JV games. Several Freshmen and Sophmores start on Friday night. Trousdale has always dressed Freshmen. Take them off the roster and there would be the 23 that you can't believe!!! Sure, kids would love to have a championship ring, but few are willing to pay the price of long hours and hard work.

From reading all these posts there are obviously a lot of very good ideas on how to solve the problem of testosterone junkie coaches.

One of my favorites is to intentionally put your offense and defense in situations on the field where it is the toughest on them so they can learn and develop, especially if your subs are on the field. The worst thing a coach can do is try to slow his players down. It ruins them for the next game.

Temple played Copper Basin last week and I hated the thought of even going to the game because I knews CB was struggling this season and Temple seemed to be clicking pretty good. I do not think running up the score is much fun for most of the players, coaches, and fans.

I was glad to see all the substitutions going on during the second half on both sides of the line. They were even putting in 8th graders to play.

Edited by Pasture

Trousdale's roster at the beginning of the season listed 33 players, 21 of which were Freshmen (10) and Sophmores(11). Due to different injuries they have seldom dressed over 30 for a game. They play no JV games. Several Freshmen and Sophmores start on Friday night. Trousdale has always dressed Freshmen. Take them off the roster and there would be the 23 that you can't believe!!! Sure, kids would love to have a championship ring, but few are willing to pay the price of long hours and hard work.

Did you just read only part of my other post? Then it is Satterfields fault for not fielding a JV roster. If he has 21 freshmen and sophomores then that is more than enough to schedule 3 to 5 JV games. I'm sorry, though. Satterfield putting 90 on RBS is rediculous. I mean Goodpasture, us, David Lipscomb will win by 40 or 50, but 90 is when you are being stupid. Why do that to the other team? We could if we wanted to also, but we have class and Trousdale does not.

Did you just read only part of my other post? Then it is Satterfields fault for not fielding a JV roster. If he has 21 freshmen and sophomores then that is more than enough to schedule 3 to 5 JV games. I'm sorry, though. Satterfield putting 90 on RBS is rediculous. I mean Goodpasture, us, David Lipscomb will win by 40 or 50, but 90 is when you are being stupid. Why do that to the other team? We could if we wanted to also, but we have class and Trousdale does not.

i never quite understood the 9o either

Can you not read the posts on here, or are you just prejudice? First, whether or not we

have a JV roster or not, has nothing to do with anything! We play what we have to work with,

even if you cannot believe we can only field 30 or less players. Trousdale is the one of the smallest

schools in the state. We never have anywhere near the # of players to put on the sideline,

much less, the field, as other teams do. This happens not only @ TC,but others as well.

Last week, we played Mt. Juliet Christian School, who only had 19 dressed out.

As for playing freshmen, yes, we do play freshmen, some are starters. Our 3rd. string QB,

was put in in a recent game, when the score was high, and he is now out for the season,

with a broken collar bone & separated shoulder.

Since you are in West Tenn., and have no clue what goes on in Middle Tenn. or @TC., you

might be well advised to keep your ill informed opinions to yourself, rather than show your

obvious flaws!

:lol:

Can you not read the posts on here, or are you just prejudice? First, whether or not we

have a JV roster or not, has nothing to do with anything! We play what we have to work with,

even if you cannot believe we can only field 30 or less players. Trousdale is the one of the smallest

schools in the state. We never have anywhere near the # of players to put on the sideline,

much less, the field, as other teams do. This happens not only @ TC,but others as well.

Last week, we played Mt. Juliet Christian School, who only had 19 dressed out.

As for playing freshmen, yes, we do play freshmen, some are starters. Our 3rd. string QB,

was put in in a recent game, when the score was high, and he is now out for the season,

with a broken collar bone & separated shoulder.

Since you are in West Tenn., and have no clue what goes on in Middle Tenn. or @TC., you

might be well advised to keep your ill informed opinions to yourself, rather than show your

obvious flaws!

:lol:

I'll amen that grunt!! I have no idea about Camden and what they do down there but it's obvious that this fool doesn't know what's going on at TC. Clint Satterfield is one of the classiest people i have ever met. As far as what the high and mighty lions of Camden think i frankly could care less.

I read the article in the Tennessean. I think Clint Satterfield is showing an insane amount of self-restraint in his comments. If I were him, I might not be able to keep myself from sounding off. He DOES NOT run the score up on purpose. What is going on here is that people do not realize that for the past few years, TC's cheerleaders have been good enough to run the score up on people. The answer is to play the subs, WHICH SATTERFIELD DOES! Whoever made the comment about not dressing the freshmen so they could have a small roster, or something like that, and how they have kids beating down the doors to play on the football team, insinuating that Coach Satterfield cuts kids who want to play so that he can play his few good players and beat people by 50 points every week.....you know NOTHING!!! I'd wager to say that you can't even find Trousdale County on a labled map! If you want to know the reason why TC's roster is small, then I'll tell you:

1. It's a freakin' 1A school! Hello!?!? How many boys do you think go there? For that matter, how many boys do you think live in the entirety of Trousdale County?

2. Coach Satterfield's teams (himself and his staff included) absolutely bust their can year-round! You'd be pressed to find 50 boys that attend Trousdale County High School who would live through 1 year of being on that football team, much less that would want to try! To think Satterfield cuts people to give himself a small roster is RIDICULOUS! If you haven't been to a TC game this year (which wouldn't surprise me in the least) they START FRESHMEN!!! PLURAL!!

And another thing; whoever said that that it's Satterfield's fault for not having a JV team and tried to make him look bad for that too (probably the same guy)???? HA! This is HIGH SCHOOL football, and the purpose of JV is to prepare the players for varsity. Many of the would-be JV players START FOR THE VARSITY TEAM! What do you want him to do? Play a JV schedule, have his 16-20 freshmen play both sides of the ball for the whole game, then turn around and play most of the varsity game on Friday??? That's probably a call YOU would make, but NOT a coach that's worth his salt. Or maybe you want him to play his juniors or seniors the whole game (not that he has enough to do that) and not put the "JV" team in, LIKE HE'S BEEN DOING! Or just maybe you want him to tell his kids not to play hard; miss blocking assignments??? Or tell his coaches to call dumb plays on purpose to set his kids up to fail??? Well, you won't get that from Satterfield. And I'm sure the kids (and town for that matter) who rise and fall with TC football thank him. Run the ball, take time in between plays, play the "JV" team, take knees; yes. Call dumb plays, wrong defenses, tell his kids not to play 100%; give me a break! :lol:

Theres 7800 people living in that county. How many high schools are there?

In this big old county of 7800, there is, and always has been, only one high school, with

an enrollment of a whopping 390 students. This includes boys as well as girls, so all

are not allowed to go out for football. Unlike some schools that I am personally familiar

with, that only allow certain kids to play, depending on who your parents are, or where

you are on the social ladder, at TC, if you can play, you best have your butt out there.

Clint takes these few young men, and works their butt off to the breaking point, until

they are among the best in the state in 1A yr. after yr, despite playing a schedule that

normally boasts opponents with 2 to 3 times the roster we have. We do not have the

luxury of being able to play only one way. They have to be in shape to play 4 qtrs.

This hard work & determination by a few, has permitted TC to obtain several state

championships in 1A & 2a, as well as the semis in 3A 2 yrs. in a row.

Unfortunately, this also occasionally causes a very few folks that can't or won't put

that effort into their own program, to look for any way to put down someone else's.

As for as our "green colored" friend in Camden, you really should be spending all your

energy improving the West Tn. competition level. You really haven't fared all that

well against TC. We played the West bracket in 1990, 1993,1997,1998, &2005, and

won all handily. One thing to talk the talk, but until you can run with the little dogs

here in old Reg.4 1A, night want to stay on the porch!

:thumb:

The TSSAA should let a team like Red Boiling Springs play a non-region schedule. As I understand it, if they do that for football, they can't play in the postseason in any sport. Get the FCS and Trousdales off the schedule at least for a few years, play teams that are just starting programs or others that haven't had a lot of success. That still doesn't guarantee they'd win a lot, but at least they'd have a chance.

Or maybe switch to a merit based system. :(