AA State Tournament

timbdp

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i think that one of the 8 teams will be Harpeth. This year's team is a lot different than teams of years past. And in this case change is good. They will be more of a speed and defense team. Most of the same key players are still there like Mandy Mendenhall, Salem Richardson and Holli Flippo. But, expect some other role players to step up and make contributions too.

MCHSfan:

how foolisnh of you. picking the reps from Regions 1 and 2 to be a first year high school (Stone) and a team with a losing record last year (Alcoa). Stone will have a chance but Alcoa??? Austin East rules Region 2. Seymour and Loudon both will be good. Stone will likely be the other team to make the Region 2 semis. In Region 1 South Greene, Gatlinburg Pittman, Claiborne Co, Unicoi and Elizabethton will likely battle it out.

Upperman, Livingston, Northside, Obion, Dyersburg, Harpeth, should all have a good shot at getting to state.

MCHSfan:

how foolisnh of you. picking the reps from Regions 1 and 2 to be a first year high school (Stone) and a team with a losing record last year (Alcoa). Stone will have a chance but Alcoa??? Austin East rules Region 2. Seymour and Loudon both will be good. Stone will likely be the other team to make the Region 2 semis. In Region 1 South Greene, Gatlinburg Pittman, Claiborne Co, Unicoi and Elizabethton will likely battle it out.

Upperman, Livingston, Northside, Obion, Dyersburg, Harpeth, should all have a good shot at getting to state.

I would not say that A-E rules region 2, maybe more like the main contender. Seymour split with them during regular season. Lost by 8-9 in district tournament and went to overtime in the region. Both teams made it to the state. I would think that they are the favorite again this year. They have some excellent players returning. I do think the Lady Eagles will make it hard on them again this year.

I also believe that region 2 will be well represented come state time.