BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

just where do you get your info from? Coach will remain as AD until the end of the year! What? parents? Are you crazy?

i have various sources of information, i am a junior at centennial, i have many friends in the football, alot of my info. comes from parents that are highly invovled in the athletic club, i also have close realations with all the principals in the school.

and no im not crazy

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have various sources of information, i am a junior at centennial, i have many friends in the football, alot of my info. comes from parents that are highly invovled in the athletic club, i also have close realations with all the principals in the school.

and no im not crazy

daggumit...i did it again

the above was posted by me c-c-chs08, accidently logged in as CHS2007

Guest footballprincess

Freedom has a great team. However, their athletic program isn't built like other schools because of the smaller funds. They don't have a great offseason program because the coach is also the basketball coach, which takes all winter. But other than that, they have a solid program. As far as work ethic, I disagree with you there. There are Freedom players here, such as Terry Hogan and Alan Gasaway, that have solid work ethics and are natural team leaders. You get that work ethic based on who you are, not where you're from.

I'm not downing Freedom Middle - the problem is that Freedom gets players ready to play at Freedom, not the high school level which you have at all the other Williamson County middle schools - Freedom could have an off season program, not only to get us ready to play on the next level but make their program stronger! Fred Lane is a very good man and can do both basketball and an off season program - FSSD ain't poor! Heck, Heritage Middle got equipment from CHS when they opened to help start their weight room - where there's a will there's a way! And I don't want to single out players, but I agree with you about Terry and Alan - great guys, great "football players" and both are leaders with character! I, too, agree that work ethic isn't born in an off season program, but it sure helps pave the way for being prepared for high school athletics. A friend of mine plays for Franklin and he says that Coach Clayton checks who works out and who doesn't - those who do-play, those who don't-don't play - but when you have as many players as they do you don't have to worry!

Guest footballprincess

and no im not crazy

if you are a junior why does your name say "2007"? What principal would share such info about their staff with a student!

I'm not downing Freedom Middle - the problem is that Freedom gets players ready to play at Freedom, not the high school level which you have at all the other Williamson County middle schools - Freedom could have an off season program, not only to get us ready to play on the next level but make their program stronger! Fred Lane is a very good man and can do both basketball and an off season program - FSSD ain't poor! Heck, Heritage Middle got equipment from CHS when they opened to help start their weight room - where there's a will there's a way! And I don't want to single out players, but I agree with you about Terry and Alan - great guys, great "football players" and both are leaders with character! I, too, agree that work ethic isn't born in an off season program, but it sure helps pave the way for being prepared for high school athletics. A friend of mine plays for Franklin and he says that Coach Clayton checks who works out and who doesn't - those who do-play, those who don't-don't play - but when you have as many players as they do you don't have to worry!

Just the way you worded your post, it sounded like you were downing the former Freedom players at Franklin. I justed wanted to straighten that out so generalizations weren't made. FSSD isn't poor, but the board members tend to focus solely on academics (figure that) and since Freedom and PGS share athletic resources anyway, funding for sports programs tends to be minimal at best. The coaches do start spring practice earlier than other schools (the end of March is when I think we started), and I think Lane would love to have a Weight Room and a S&E program, but there just simply isn't enough athltic funding.

Just the way you worded your post, it sounded like you were downing the former Freedom players at Franklin. I justed wanted to straighten that out so generalizations weren't made. FSSD isn't poor, but the board members tend to focus solely on academics (figure that) and since Freedom and PGS share athletic resources anyway, funding for sports programs tends to be minimal at best. The coaches do start spring practice earlier than other schools (the end of March is when I think we started), and I think Lane would love to have a Weight Room and a S&E program, but there just simply isn't enough athltic funding.

While the coaches at Freedom are good folks, they haven't taught any fundamentals since the Nixon administration. If they can't "out athlete" the other team, they get beat. Grassland, BMS and other teams are disciplined and schooled in the basics and it shows when those kids get to high school.

While the coaches at Freedom are good folks, they haven't taught any fundamentals since the Nixon administration. If they can't "out athlete" the other team, they get beat. Grassland, BMS and other teams are disciplined and schooled in the basics and it shows when those kids get to high school.

Well, I sort of agree and disagree with you there. They do teach the fundamentals, but they go straight into running advanced plays by week 2 of training camp. You can tell they run the "Win Now" philsosphy, while other teams try to teach the basics. Then again, most of the players go through the Cowboys program, which really does teach the fundamentals well.

Well, I sort of agree and disagree with you there. They do teach the fundamentals, but they go straight into running advanced plays by week 2 of training camp. You can tell they run the "Win Now" philsosphy, while other teams try to teach the basics. Then again, most of the players go through the Cowboys program, which really does teach the fundamentals well.

The Franklin Cowboys Organization MAY be one of the best at teaching fundamentals in the Mid-State area. :unsure:

Guest footballprincess

The Franklin Cowboys Organization MAY be one of the best at teaching fundamentals in the Mid-State area. :lol:

so why doesn't one of their coaches apply for the Centennial job if they are SO good!

did you play football for Fred Lane?

Just so ya know: TJ will stay at BGA to try and turn that program around, but don't expect Coach Nowell to stay for that butt kicking! He wants to use his twilight years of coaching on a team that has a shot at winning. Also, he did spring training with chs a couple of springs ago so he is familiar with the situation (and he thinks you can win there). I thought he was happier just being an OC, but I have heard that he might head coach again if the situation is right. He has a great football mind and will do a good job wherever he is.

What I think would be ideal is Coach Nowell to put together a package where he is OC and Asst HC and he brings in an up and coming HC candidate that takes the responsibility of dealing with the parents and the politics and leaves him to deal with the Xs and Os. Similar to a President working with a CEO, the new HC would bow to his experience in decision making and would be brought along till Coach Nowell decided to retire.

Not sure what Coach Clayton's plans are for the future, if he is moving on then I think Coach Webb would be the heir aparent at FHS but if he plans to stay long term, Coach Webb might like to team up with Coach Nowell. They are a dynamic duo.