District 11aa

wareagleblue

With the season about to get underway, how do you think the season will turn out?

Here are my picks

1. Sycamore

2. Creek Wood

3. Cheatham Co.

4. Toss up between Montgomery Central, Waverly, and Harpeth

7. Fairview

8. Stewart Co.

Summation

Sycamore-return players with major varsity minutes-plus a very talented sophomore class. Last years district champs

Creek Wood-return many players and probably has the best freshman in the district. Team will be more consistent than last year. District runner-up last year.

Cheatham Co.-always a contender because of defense, much more depth than last year. Like him or not best coach in the district.

Montgomery Central-scrappy team with all players healthy this year, could upset some good teams. Coach has gained alot of experience.

Waverly-as usual comes down to player/coach relations. Upset a good Cheatham Co. team last year in tourny.

Harpeth-returns district MVP and will probably will be a repeat. Has some good players, but no bench. New coach-new game.

Fairview-graduated 3 starters, didn't have a bench last year, could be a very tough season.

Stewart Co.-has been down the last few years with several coaching changes. New coach with a tough season ahead of her.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the season about to get underway, how do you think the season will turn out?

Here are my picks

1. Sycamore

2. Creek Wood

3. Cheatham Co.

4. Toss up between Montgomery Central, Waverly, and Harpeth

7. Fairview

8. Stewart Co.

Summation

Sycamore-return players with major varsity minutes-plus a very talented sophomore class. Last years district champs

Creek Wood-return many players and probably has the best freshman in the district. Team will be more consistent than last year. District runner-up last year.

Cheatham Co.-always a contender because of defense, much more depth than last year. Like him or not best coach in the district.

Montgomery Central-scrappy team with all players healthy this year, could upset some good teams. Coach has gained alot of experience.

Waverly-as usual comes down to player/coach relations. Upset a good Cheatham Co. team last year in tourny.

Harpeth-returns district MVP and will probably will be a repeat. Has some good players, but no bench. New coach-new game.

Fairview-graduated 3 starters, didn't have a bench last year, could be a very tough season.

Stewart Co.-has been down the last few years with several coaching changes. New coach with a tough season ahead of her.

U may be insane Harpeth is a better team than last year if u move them to 1st then ur right Sycamore is the second best team in the district. The new coach at Harpeth has made them more of a team they have better defense and better speed this will probably be the most conditioned team in the district Coach Johnson will have his girls ready i promise Harpeth hasn't gone anywhere Mandy Mendenhall Salem Richardson and Holli Flippo are 3 of the best players in the district so it looks like sycamore will hafta wait atleast one more year to win the district

i agree with you k-town. not sure how you can justify putting harpeth at anywhere but first. they return their best 3 players off of a team that was something like 30-2 last year. no they do not have a very deep bench, but they have enough offensive weapons that if one or even two get in foul trouble, they can still score at will. mendenhall is not just the reigning district mvp, but the frontrunner for miss basketball. their new coach is a great young coach who will make this team play defense, something i heard was mostly optional last year. richardson is one of the best on-the-ball defenders in this area, and the rest of them are not too shabby either. harpeth will win this district with ease... returning a few of the best players in the state doesn't hurt.

U may be insane Harpeth is a better team than last year if u move them to 1st then ur right Sycamore is the second best team in the district. The new coach at Harpeth has made them more of a team they have better defense and better speed this will probably be the most conditioned team in the district Coach Johnson will have his girls ready i promise Harpeth hasn't gone anywhere Mandy Mendenhall Salem Richardson and Holli Flippo are 3 of the best players in the district so it looks like sycamore will hafta wait atleast one more year to win the district

Its not his fault he goes to sycamore, im sure he knows nothing about basketball, seeing how Sycamore girls lost more girls than Harpeth girls and Harpeth girls went farther than they did??? Come on, when you can find somebody to guard our only player Mandy Mendenhall then you might beat us, but oh wait we also have Salem Richardson so if you stop her from shooting the three you still couldnt beat us because we still have Holli Flippo with a number of role players.

Edited by HHSnumber1fan

Its not his fault he goes to sycamore, im sure he knows nothing about basketball, seeing how Sycamore girls lost more girls than Harpeth girls and Harpeth girls went farther than they did??? Come on, when you can find somebody to guard our only player Mandy Mendenhall then you might beat us, but oh wait we also have Salem Richardson so if you stop her from shooting the three you still couldnt beat us because we still have Holli Flippo with a number of role players.

:thumb: hahahahaha but seriously Sycamore does have a good team good enough to beat Harpeth (which they have never done) i dont think so btu hey everyone has there own opinion but u may be the only person that believes yours

Sycamore has depth, which Is more than I can say about Harpeth. Harpeth will be good but even some of your starters would not start for us. Defense may have improved for you, but the loss of Ensminer (?) cannot be overcome. How do you explain away the lack of height on your team? Anyone with a true post player will kill you on the boards and inside. Mendenhall is your tallest player and everyone knows she doesn't like contact and won't hit the boards.

Hang on K Town, I think you are overloading your team just a little. I saw Harpeth in the region last year and they were the fastest high school team ( starting five ) I've ever seen. However, I saw nothing from the bench with anything close to speed. plus the two you lost seemed to be able to run all night.

I do agree that you still have the best over all team in the dist. and should win it.

Sycamore has depth, which Is more than I can say about Harpeth. Harpeth will be good but even some of your starters would not start for us. Defense may have improved for you, but the loss of Ensminer (?) cannot be overcome. How do you explain away the lack of height on your team? Anyone with a true post player will kill you on the boards and inside. Mendenhall is your tallest player and everyone knows she doesn't like contact and won't hit the boards.

Well if you knew anything about our girls new coach he is all about defense, and speed. Mandy will be guarding the tallest person on most of all the teams we play, she has def. gotten more physical and will be putting her defensive stats up a lot from last season. Last season our post guarded the post from Columbia and the girl from Columbia owned our post. THis summer Mandy guarded her in a game at one of the camps and shut her down, so I dont think post's are going to be owning anybody this year. Look for Harpeth to make another run into the state tournament this year.

OK wareagle. let me say this slowly... MANDY MENDENHALL IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE STATE. She cannot be guarded! And now, she plays defense! Salem Richardson would be getting all the hype if it weren't for Mendenhall. The difference between the two is that one has the ridiculous fall-away jumper. Richardson is one of the best on-the-ball defenders, and no one knows it because this team didn't play the type of intense defense they do now. With those two and Flippo, they only need role players to contribute solid minutes; they will take care of the rest.

Also, these teams with posts who Harpeth supposedly will not be able to stop, how will they be able to stop Harpeth? Doubt your posts will be able run with, let alone guard, Harpeth. This team will be in amazing shape because their new coach will not settle for less and comes from a program that stressed conditioning.

Foul trouble might affect them in a few games this year, but not in this district. Sycamore may be good and from what I have heard will have a fine season. But Harpeth will have too many weapons and will be just good enough on defense to make the trip to state this year.

well Mandy isn't the tallest player we do have a girl that over 6 feet tall so get ur facts straight before u post about that and Mandy can rebound i think i have watched her more than you have.

Hang on K Town, I think you are overloading your team just a little. I saw Harpeth in the region last year and they were the fastest high school team ( starting five ) I've ever seen. However, I saw nothing from the bench with anything close to speed. plus the two you lost seemed to be able to run all night.

I do agree that you still have the best over all team in the dist. and should win it.

Well MIDTN that was last year and a different coach this team has been conditioning since early July I know that because my little sister is on the team i have watched this team all summer i have seen this team play more than most people so i do know what i'm talking about the bench has some speed this year. And Ensminger could run all day long she won state in the mile run twice so that will be lost but Mitchell couldnt run aswell

Edited by K-Town Killa 11