District 11aa

wareagleblue

For the first time in many years Waverly has more than one offensive threat. Four out of Waverly's Five starters are equal scoring threats. I will always put Harpeth on top, but I think Waverly will surprise some ppl this year and it's about time. With that being said I think its gonna look like this.

Harpeth

Cheatham

Sycamore

Waverly

Mont. Central

Creekwood

Fairview

Stewart Co

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw creekwood play twice and they are a scappy team. I think they will finish in the top four. They have some nice sets and the two post players play well together. Their only problem is the district they are in. This distict reminds me of the SEC in football. It is just tough to get alot of wins and they have some very good teams in the top three. Creekwood would be better off to be in 10-aaa. They would the third best team behind Dickson and Northeast. This District has been about match-ups for the last several years. Any given night someone might lose.

My Rankings

1 Harpeth

2 Cheatham

3 Sycamore

4 Creekwood

5 MCHS

6 Waverley

7 Stewart co

8 Fairveiw

I saw creekwood play twice and they are a scappy team. I think they will finish in the top four. They have some nice sets and the two post players play well together. Their only problem is the district they are in. This distict reminds me of the SEC in football. It is just tough to get alot of wins and they have some very good teams in the top three. Creekwood would be better off to be in 10-aaa. They would the third best team behind Dickson and Northeast. This District has been about match-ups for the last several years. Any given night someone might lose.

My Rankings

1 Harpeth

2 Cheatham

3 Sycamore

4 Creekwood

5 MCHS

6 Waverley

7 Stewart co

8 Fairveiw

Well I hope I am wrong when I say this, but if Harpeth doesnt get there fast pace game down the way Johnson likes it then Harpeth may come out with a few district losses that they dont want and have never had, people from sycamore know what I am talking about. If sycamore and cheatham dont have there stamina up too its fullest then dont count on staying in the game, because you could keep our starting five in the whole game and they wouldnt get tired, kuddos to Coach Johnson for introducing CONDITIONING to Harpeth girls basketball. I hope the refs start to let everybody play(I hope its everybody and not just us) so we can get the games over with in less than 2 hours.

1. Harpeth

2. Sycamore

3. Cheatham(dont be suprised if these top three teams split with each other.)

4.Creekwood

5.Waverly(but they will get to the regionals, it will just take the district to realize that they need to step it up.)

6.Stewart

7.MCHS

8.Fairview

Good luck to everybody

Edited by HHSnumber1fan

You might be right, there is a definite possiblity that Harpeth loses some games in a very good district. For a new coach, it is possible that some of the teams you mentioned in the district know as much about Harpeth's team as the coach does, but with time they will continue to get better. Harpeth has high expectations, but the fact of the matter is, they are not the same team they were last year. When they get this fast paced up tempo defensive basketball gameplan under their belt, and it could be a few losses down the road, they will give lots of teams fits. What really matters is that they learn from the season so they are prepared for tournament time. Going undefeated in the regular season is not nearly as important as winning games come tournament time.

You might be right, there is a definite possiblity that Harpeth loses some games in a very good district. For a new coach, it is possible that some of the teams you mentioned in the district know as much about Harpeth's team as the coach does, but with time they will continue to get better. Harpeth has high expectations, but the fact of the matter is, they are not the same team they were last year. When they get this fast paced up tempo defensive basketball gameplan under their belt, and it could be a few losses down the road, they will give lots of teams fits. What really matters is that they learn from the season so they are prepared for tournament time. Going undefeated in the regular season is not nearly as important as winning games come tournament time.

Exactly i expect us to lose a few games whether it be in district or not. We are the best CONDITIONED team in the district with out question, we have probably the best trio in Mendenhall, Richardson, and Flippo in the district. Once we get our philosophy of the game in Coach Johnson's perspective we will be hard to beat. Even if that means for us to lose a few games, it will better us in the long run.

For the first time in many years Waverly has more than one offensive threat. Four out of Waverly's Five starters are equal scoring threats. I will always put Harpeth on top, but I think Waverly will surprise some ppl this year and it's about time. With that being said I think its gonna look like this.

Harpeth

Cheatham

Sycamore

Waverly

Mont. Central

Creekwood

Fairview

Stewart Co

Harpeth

Cheatham

Sycamore

Waverly

Mont. Central

Creekwood

Fairview

Stewart Co

Does Waverly return any experience ? Last year they seemed to have trouble putting points up. Also, they did not have much size in the middle, has that changed ? I agree pretty much with the top 3 picks, after that it seems like a tossup for 4th, but I am basing mostly on what I saw from last year. Creekwood would be my 4th pick, then mayby Stewart or Waverly. I undersand Stewart Co. return most of their players, and Fairview lost most of their experience. How does Montgomery Central look ? This is really a tough district, the Cheatham County teams always are ready to play.

Well I hope I am wrong when I say this, but if Harpeth doesnt get there fast pace game down the way Johnson likes it then Harpeth may come out with a few district losses that they dont want and have never had, people from sycamore know what I am talking about. If sycamore and cheatham dont have there stamina up too its fullest then dont count on staying in the game, because you could keep our starting five in the whole game and they wouldnt get tired, kuddos to Coach Johnson for introducing CONDITIONING to Harpeth girls basketball. I hope the refs start to let everybody play(I hope its everybody and not just us) so we can get the games over with in less than 2 hours.

1. Harpeth

2. Sycamore

3. Cheatham(dont be suprised if these top three teams split with each other.)

4.Creekwood

5.Waverly(but they will get to the regionals, it will just take the district to realize that they need to step it up.)

6.Stewart

7.MCHS

8.Fairview

Tell me about the new Harpeth coach, where from, experience, etc. I am sure it is posted somewhere, but what happened to their coach from the last few years, he seemed to have a successful program going, I am surprised to hear there was a coaching change there, definitely a lot of talent coming back also. Is the old Harpeth coach still in coaching somewhere ?

Coach Johnson is his name, he played on the pracice team under Pat Head Summit. He is very knowledgable of the game, he likes a very fast pace game and he full court presses non stop. If you went to a game last year you saw a lot of scoring and not a lot of conditioned people wearing harpeth uni's, this year you will see a lot of fast break points, because Harpeth is very conditioned and is a very defensive minded team. Coach Johnson coached(assistant) at Portland last year.

Coach Junkins was Harpeth's coach last year and he had some issues that got out of hand with parent's nothing terrible just enough for him to leave. He assist's Clarksville NE girls.

Coach Johnson is his name, he played on the pracice team under Pat Head Summit. He is very knowledgable of the game, he likes a very fast pace game and he full court presses non stop. If you went to a game last year you saw a lot of scoring and not a lot of conditioned people wearing harpeth uni's, this year you will see a lot of fast break points, because Harpeth is very conditioned and is a very defensive minded team. Coach Johnson coached(assistant) at Portland last year.

Coach Junkins was Harpeth's coach last year and he had some issues that got out of hand with parent's nothing terrible just enough for him to leave. He assist's Clarksville NE girls.

yeah, I spoke with him the weekend we played and I told him that he looked familiar from a team camp that I saw him, the summer before, and he said that he was the former coach of Harpeth. He seems like a nice guy and I'm glad things are working out for him at Clarksville-northeast.

yeah, I spoke with him the weekend we played and I told him that he looked familiar from a team camp that I saw him, the summer before, and he said that he was the former coach of Harpeth. He seems like a nice guy and I'm glad things are working out for him at Clarksville-northeast.

Very nice guy, easy to get along with, and he is very knowledgable as well. He will be good for that clarksville program.