District 11aa

wareagleblue

It's not a matter of can it's a matter of when they will beat them same for when Sycamore and Creek Wood will beat them also.

As a Harpeth fan I am worried about this Wavo team they do have talent but it's gonna be tough without their leading scorer. By the way, Harpeth has already beat Creek Wood twice and the only reason it was close the 2nd time was because Salem Richardson did not play the 1st 3 quarters the !st game was a blow out and Harpeth really exposed Creek Wood for the out of shape team they were Harpeth ran circles around the red Hawks in that game. I think you can take Creek Wood off the soon to beat Harpeth list. Now Sycamore, that is more likely but that is Harpeth's Senior Night and the seniors won't let that happen on their last regular season home game. District title that might be a different story.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be happy she won't be there and keep talking smack.

How was stating a fact talking smack. Waverly wont beat Harpeth with out there leading scorer. SOrry, I told you that now you dont have to go to the game. And papatiger is the only one talking smack until straightbill came on, so why dont you tell him to stop.

OH and papatiger all your IFSSSSSS, are getting old.

Edited by HHSnumber1fan

I think Harpeth will be better prepared to play any team the second time around, but especially a team like Waverly that they knew so little about prior to playing them the first time. I think watching film and making some adjustments will be a big factor for Harpeth. This team has had two impressive offensive performances the last two games out, obviously the level of competition was not particularly high, but they scored 24 last night in the first quarter before turning their focus to other areas of the game. I believe they scored or got a great look out of every offensive set. Defensively, they look great at times and very poor at others. This is the area that they must improve in to make a run in the tournament.

KTK 11; easy big fella. If I remeber correctly HHS did beat CW both match-ups. HHs won by 20 the first meeting but only lead by 3 to start the running of circles in the 4th Q. Credit HHS for big comeback when CW was up by 7 without Darden to start 4th in 2nd game. Richardson was fresh after susp. and was the difference. HHS won both games and deserve the credit, but Coach Tom and the Lady Red Hwks are having a good season and they do have exp defeating HHS in 06 district tourney. I wish both teams best of luck the rest of the season and hope both advance to Regions. PEACE-OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KTK 11; easy big fella. If I remeber correctly HHS did beat CW both match-ups. HHs won by 20 the first meeting but only lead by 3 to start the running of circles in the 4th Q. Credit HHS for big comeback when CW was up by 7 without Darden to start 4th in 2nd game. Richardson was fresh after susp. and was the difference. HHS won both games and deserve the credit, but Coach Tom and the Lady Red Hwks are having a good season and they do have exp defeating HHS in 06 district tourney. I wish both teams best of luck the rest of the season and hope both advance to Regions. PEACE-OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know i was just stating the fact that if Richardson wouldn't have been out Creek Wood probably wouldn't have been leading. Creek Wood is a good team and Waverly is better than their record shows but niether team is an elite team in this district. That doesn't mean they can't beat one. example: Mont Cent over Cheatham

Yes, I agree. Waverly can beat Harpeth. I know Harpeth blew them out at Harpeth by a whole 5 points. In fact, if Waverly doesn't miss all those free throws in the first game, it would have happened the first meeting. 7-17 from the line in the fourth quarter alone and some of those the front ends of one and one. Waverly has the talent to do that and it is not over this year. Mullinax is all the Tigerettes lose off of this year's team. They may still pull it off without Mullinax, so don't count your chickens.

your just lucky Coach Johnson is the great coach that he is by letting everyone play, if he kept mandy and flippo in and actually played his varsity in the 4th quarter, it would not have been pretty for Wavo. The lady indians jv and bench are usually playing majority of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th quarter.BUT, i will give it to wavo, they are a growing team, with good potential. but not enough to hold back, mendenhall, flippo, richardson and lawerence.

your just lucky Coach Johnson is the great coach that he is by letting everyone play, if he kept mandy and flippo in and actually played his varsity in the 4th quarter, it would not have been pretty for Wavo. The lady indians jv and bench are usually playing majority of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th quarter.BUT, i will give it to wavo, they are a growing team, with good potential. but not enough to hold back, mendenhall, flippo, richardson and lawerence.

You are kidding right? I broadcast on the radio and we keep up with who is in the game and the starters were in the whole way. Why is it so hard for some people to think that Waverly can compete with Harpeth. They played Harpeth, Cheatham, Sycamore and Creekwood close. I know, close don't count, but it does mean the games could go different second time around especially in tournament.

OH, MamaCub, Mullinax won the Humphreys county Fairest of the Fair so she is in the Ms.Tennessee pagaent that night. Thanks for your concern though.

You are kidding right? I broadcast on the radio and we keep up with who is in the game and the starters were in the whole way. Why is it so hard for some people to think that Waverly can compete with Harpeth. They played Harpeth, Cheatham, Sycamore and Creekwood close. I know, close don't count, but it does mean the games could go different second time around especially in tournament.

OH, MamaCub, Mullinax won the Humphreys county Fairest of the Fair so she is in the Ms.Tennessee pagaent that night. Thanks for your concern though.

probably one starter but not everyone i can promise you that, i think your the one having a hard time taking in the fact that these teams are just better than your waverly girls team. when they WIN against them then we will understand what your talking about. so stop talking about oh we almost won or we barely got beat. As many people say (and im sure you say it too) "a win is a win, and a lose is a lose."

I was very impressed with Waverly when I saw them play earlier this month. The night I saw them Mullinax didn't have a lot of points and Waverly was a real battle for Cheatham County at home. I look for Harpeth to beat them but I would be surprised if it is not a relatively close game. I would not want to draw the Tigerettes in the first round. They are a scrappy team and always seem to keep games pretty close. Cheatham saw that play out in the 06 districts.

probably one starter but not everyone i can promise you that, i think your the one having a hard time taking in the fact that these teams are just better than your waverly girls team. when they WIN against them then we will understand what your talking about. so stop talking about oh we almost won or we barely got beat. As many people say (and im sure you say it too) "a win is a win, and a lose is a lose."

If that were right, which it isn't, would be completely stupid for a coach to do. Unless his second string is as good as his first. Why would you not play your starters with a tight game. It was tight the whole game. Your right, a win is a win, a loss is a loss, but it is a fact the gap is really close between these teams. I think you ought to look at other people's ideas. Ask your coach. I doubt very seriously that he would want to draw Waverly in the first round.