District 13AA

VOREBS

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will indeed be a fun year to watch, as some have said it would appear the OC and D'burg would be the teams to beat in 13AA, but this is a TOUGH district top to bottom. There are no "off" nights. The two games between OC/D'burg could tell alot about who ends up where, but Westview, GC, Crockett, Milan and Dyer Co will all have something to say in this. It's still very early, but soon the district games start, and things will come into focus. Also we are now about a week away from the opening night in the new guym at Troy. It is a nice one, I would hope that it will be full next week for the first game in the new home of the Lady Rebels and Rebels.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roney is a real good player...She has been dealing with bronchitis the last couple of weeks...She played sparingly against Union City Tuesday night..She actually only scored two points...Freshman A.Reedy was the leading scorer in only her second high school game with 24 points..She took over in the third quarter scoring 11 points...This is the second game in a row a freshman has led the Lady Rebels in scoring...C.Fussell scored 19 in her first game in the big 107-20 win over Mt.Pleasant last weekend...OC is going to be tough...They are hard nosed and can shoot the three..Should be a big year for the Lady Rebels....Here's another get well wish to Kayla Holloway..She played junior high ball in the Obion County school system at Ridgemont...And congrats on her scholarship to Ole Miss...Good Luck this weekend against White House and Spring Hill....

Little Joe,

When I see your posts about Kayla, it sounds like you might be one of her parents. Are you the mom or dad or stepmom? If you are then I know you and would like to talk to you sometime. Good luck this season--from a mckenzie fan!

Not a parent or nothing like that...just a fan of west tn girls basketball who studies the game & tries not to let emotions cloud my judgement or opinion of teams, players or coaches.. Dyersburg's been one focus of mine cause Coffman's impressive and runs a top program and I pay attention to those I hear talking, what I read, etc....don't mean to give the impression we're family cause not so...sorry....

I would think the two Dyersburg/Obion games will be very entertaining to watch that's for sure.......they are the best two teams in 13AA in my humble opinion and both have a legitimate shot at murfreesboro. Hope that Kayla gets back soon and I hope I get to watch at least one of these games........ :unsure:

Don't worry sir- you make your way to the "Palace" and I'll make sure you get a VIP seat.. Nothing but the best for our friends from across the county border :thumb:

OC was impressive in their win over a decent UC girls team this past Tuesday night. Roney got into early foul trouble , but there is more depth on this team than last year's squad as a couple of Fr.players made contributions in Fuzzell and Aubrey Reedy who finished with 24 points. McGee ran the offense well and Eaves made adjustments when she came in in a reserve role.

As for 13AA, it's wide open- D'burg will be tough with a dominant low post presence in Kayla. Milan has many starters returning while Westview brings back two outstanding players in Thomas and Higgs. Gibson County will be in the mix come tourney time and don't forget about Crockett or Dyer County.

As one coach in the district said- it's nice to playing well now but the big thing is play your best in February :unsure: Hey- I agree :thumb: Best of luck to the teams and for you Lady Rebel fans you can check out the OC girls this weekend on the radio as they play White House Friday afternoon at 4:30 and Spring Hill Saturday afternoon around 12:30 pm on 104.9 FM KYTN.. Good luck ladies..

OC was impressive in their win over a decent UC girls team this past Tuesday night. Roney got into early foul trouble , but there is more depth on this team than last year's squad as a couple of Fr.players made contributions in Fuzzell and Aubrey Reedy who finished with 24 points. McGee ran the offense well and Eaves made adjustments when she came in in a reserve role.

As for 13AA, it's wide open- D'burg will be tough with a dominant low post presence in Kayla. Milan has many starters returning while Westview brings back two outstanding players in Thomas and Higgs. Gibson County will be in the mix come tourney time and don't forget about Crockett or Dyer County.

As one coach in the district said- it's nice to playing well now but the big thing is play your best in February :D Hey- I agree :D Best of luck to the teams and for you Lady Rebel fans you can check out the OC girls this weekend on the radio as they play White House Friday afternoon at 4:30 and Spring Hill Saturday afternoon around 12:30 pm on 104.9 FM KYTN.. Good luck ladies..

You'll be covering both games or just the game against Spring Hill on Saturday...???

Pt Gaurd & LU the Eagle:

I'm pretty sure Coach Suiter is happy to have all of his fresh, as well as his sophmore, juniors, and Senior. And people who are real fans of OC or any other team know that Fussell, Reedy, and others will benefit from each other. Who cares who " The Best Fresh" is as long as OC plays OC ball. :) The TEAM will be great because of each other. ;)

I hate to see my :):) friend gone. :(

Pt Gaurd & LU the Eagle:

I'm pretty sure Coach Suiter is happy to have all of his fresh, as well as his sophmore, juniors, and Senior. And people who are real fans of OC or any other team know that Fussell, Reedy, and others will benefit from each other. Who cares who " The Best Fresh" is as long as OC plays OC ball. :thumb: The TEAM will be great because of each other. ;)

I hate to see my B)B) friend gone. :(

Once again, I NEVER stated that anyone was "the best freshman." All I did was list some of the better freshmen in 13AA and I left Reedy off, which got this whole thing started in the first place. I missed her, my fault, but I have heard all about her now and I will see her play for myself tomorrow.

Edited by ptguard12

Not a parent or nothing like that...just a fan of west tn girls basketball who studies the game & tries not to let emotions cloud my judgement or opinion of teams, players or coaches.. Dyersburg's been one focus of mine cause Coffman's impressive and runs a top program and I pay attention to those I hear talking, what I read, etc....don't mean to give the impression we're family cause not so...sorry....

Coffman does a great job, including running the program from the 5th grade on. The middle school coach simply steps in and substitutes during games - Randy has the girls ready. That's why it took a couple of years to really reap the benefits.

Coffman does a great job, including running the program from the 5th grade on. The middle school coach simply steps in and substitutes during games - Randy has the girls ready. That's why it took a couple of years to really reap the benefits.

We think that Coffman is definitely one of the best coaches we've ever played for. He knows what he's doing coaching girls and we love him!!! Good luck to dyersburg this season.