District 13AA

VOREBS

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Obion..they return more proven players & based on last year, remain on top till someone knocks them off...

2) Westview...the level of talent is never that bare..names may change but system is proven & will be tough by tourney time.....

3) Gibson Co...yea, got fundamentals down but lack some experience & size plus depth may be an issue...

4) Dyersburg...really the big mystery of the district..lost alot when the big girl went down last year & if she's back strong, so will be this team...best watch them cause with Coffman and the athletes they have, if everyone stays healthy, could blow this district away but big IFs....

5) Milan...almost as athletic as Dburg but fundamentals & coaching until proven, will continue to look up at the rest of this tough district...

6) Crocket Co...again, got some athletes & should compete but inconsistent & until that's resolved, always what could have been..interesting to see what that group that's played together for years will do their senior year...

7) Dyer Co....pray for them cause they'll have a tough year with alot of youth & growing pains along the way.....

Again, Dburg the unknown...if they play like they're capable, watch out..this group suprised everyone a few years ago in Orlando so the ability is there...if healthy..Just my humble opinion though...

Little Joe,

Just curious. Who was on that team that played in Orlando and when was that?

Edited by sam_jones

Little Joe,

Just curious. Who was on that team that played in Orlando and when was that?

Sorry for the delay..I tried going back & looking for paper clips but remember it was back about 3 years ago and they came in 3rd in the nation for that age group...if not mistaken...sorry I can't find more specifics than that at this time...

Sorry for the delay..I tried going back & looking for paper clips but remember it was back about 3 years ago and they came in 3rd in the nation for that age group...if not mistaken...sorry I can't find more specifics than that at this time...

I remember this because the dyersburg girls played on this team. Kayla Holloway was on it along with most of the girls from the high school team her age. The only outsider was Anna Trull from McKenzie. Too bad she's not playing with Dyersburg. Trull and Holloway worked well together. Trull could bomb the threes and holloway played well on the inside. They made some great passes to each other. I was there!

I am pretty sure almost one hundred percent sure that you spoke of "Fuzzell from Obion" as being a top freshman!! I was simply letting you know that you should know the whole picture before you make your assessment of who is the "best freshman!" :(

Ok.....I don't believe anywhere in my post do I say, "So and so is the best freshman in 13AA." Please point it out if somewhere in my post I actually said that. I did say that Fuzzell is one of the better Freshman in 13AA and I will stand by that statement after seeing her in AAU this summer. As for Aubrey Reedy, I am one of the biggest fans of Tennessee Girls Basketball, both high school and AAU, and I have heard little to nothing about her. I know of the other girls because I have seen them all play (and I'm not even from West Tennessee), so I guess I could have missed her, but none of my contacts over that way have even mentioned this girl's name to me. So, I guess I'll take your word on how good she is until I actually get a chance to see her myself.

Edited by ptguard12

Ok.....I don't believe anywhere in my post do I say, "So and so is the best freshman in 13AA." Please point it out if somewhere in my post I actually said that. I did say that Fuzzell is one of the better Freshman in 13AA and I will stand by that statement after seeing her in AAU this summer. As for Aubrey Reedy, I am one of the biggest fans of Tennessee Girls Basketball, both high school and AAU, and I have heard little to nothing about her. I know of the other girls because I have seen them all play (and I'm not even from West Tennessee), so I guess I could have missed her, but none of my contacts over that way have even mentioned this girl's name to me. So, I guess I'll take your word on how good she is until I actually get a chance to see her myself.

I would like to see your preseason opinion of 13AA.....you always give some very good insight.......... :(

I would like to see your preseason opinion of 13AA.....you always give some very good insight.......... :(

Thanks. I will see if I can work up a prediction for you. Oh and I was wondering, do you happen to have a schedule for Westview's Thanksgiving Classic, because I may attend if there are some really good matchups that might entice me to make the long drive up?

Edited by ptguard12

Once again I will pose the question "Are you kidding?!?!?!?!?!" humm where do I begin! If you by chance picked up a Jackson Sun Newspaper around the end of Jr. High season last year you would have seen Mrs. Reedy's picture all over the sports page. That would be because she won the title of Most Valuable Player for WEST TENNESEE at the Sectional tournament which her team won. And before you say anything about Fuzzell, yes she was on that team and she did not win. A flaw in system perhaps, NO!!! Therefore maybe you should not hypothesize about "the better freshman in 13AA" since you obviously know nothing about Jr. High basketball.

I saw Chassidy Fussell last night at the Jamboree, and she looked really good. I was really impressed with OC's Freshman play. Right now there is no need to say who the best freshman is when we haven't officially played a game yet. Let's just wait till around January, and then we can descide....

The Lady Rebels have Mt. Pleasant this Saturday for a Hall of Fame game. I don't know anything about them. Does anybody have any info on them?? All I do know is that I look for a Lady Rebel win!!!

GO LADY REBELS!!!

Edited by treefitty74

I guess I'll have to come watch Central play as well..just so I can see for myself but pt.guard for the most part seems to know about most of the girl players..I live in Newbern ..so I'm impartial and when they play Dyer Co or Dyersburg..I'll give my opinion of who looks to be the better player..By that..I don't mean because they may have the most points..You can tell the great players the way they play defense,handle the ball etc..So I won't be looking to see if one of them outscores the other..One of them may hit 10 free throws and 10 points off layups ..I've seen both Roney's play several times and the Roney back this year should be the real deal..I saw the Dyersburg girls play last night and they looked to be pretty good..And when Holloway comes back..will be a lot better..I'm picking Dyersburg in this district!

Edited by mrbigster

I guess I'll have to come watch Central play as well..just so I can see for myself..I've seen both Roney's play several times and the Roney back this year should be the real deal..I saw the Dyersburg girls play last night and they looked to be pretty good..And when Holloway comes back..will be a lot better..I'm picking Dyersburg in this district!

yeah, Dyersburg looked good last night. Did you see all the teams play? I heard that Dyer county went to westview first and then came to Dyersburg. That's impressive that they played with so much energy after playing 3 games before that.