Fayette Academy vs.Lake co

mrbigster

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much as I hate to say it (because I'd love a closegame), I'm betting on a repeat of last year. FA usually seems to hit a stride late in the season.

BoredGuy..As much as I hate to admit it...It seems like we have regressed more than progressed..People can say we have played tougher teams the past 2 or 3 weeks..but we are not going to tackle anyone just by sticking our arms out and that's what we have been doing the past few weeks..And I'm not blaming the coach..He can't go out there and play defense for our team!I believe ..based on what I've seen the past few weeks..you are going to be right...But..I'm hoping our players realize it's win or go home for the season and step up!

from what i read in the paper today fayette has some serious problems on special teams but for the first time since i can remember they are not one dimensional. one thing is for sure......lake co. cannot afford to miss any tackles in this one.

Are they balanced on offense or mainly run. i've heard they are big upfront. :thumb:

BoredGuy..As much as I hate to admit it...It seems like we have regressed more than progressed..People can say we have played tougher teams the past 2 or 3 weeks..but we are not going to tackle anyone just by sticking our arms out and that's what we have been doing the past few weeks..And I'm not blaming the coach..He can't go out there and play defense for our team!I believe ..based on what I've seen the past few weeks..you are going to be right...But..I'm hoping our players realize it's win or go home for the season and step up!

I feel your pain on that "sticking out your arms". I hate being negative but seems like we want to hug a guy and do a dosido to get a guy down. That will get a guy down but a good hit sends a message and starts a guy to thinking the next time he gets that ball in his hand. The coach brought us back from oblivion as a football program. I guess I have been spoiled by past LC teams. I guess I should be satisfied with winning more than losing. I just hate those close games where you have so many opportunities to win and come up short. When we get trounced I can take that better. The best team just won. I am not saying the best team didn't win last night. I wasn't happy with the officiating either but we shot ourselves in the foot enough last night to lose that game. That was a long ride home after standing in the rain and wind for about three hours. Of course that ain't the first time I have had a long ride home from Bruceton. Three times this year when we really needed to get it done, we didn't. That's the difference in being good and being great. I'm disappointed but I will be there next week at Fayette Academy in the rain, wind, sleet or snow. I ain't no fair weather fan....... :( Oh yea , our football season ends next week...

Edited by spellerone

I feel your pain on that "sticking out your arms". I hate being negative but seems like we want to hug a guy and do a dosido to get a guy down. That will get a guy down but a good hit sends a message and starts a guy to thinking the next time he gets that ball in his hand. The coach brought us back from oblivion as a football program. I guess I have been spoiled by past LC teams. I guess I should be satisfied with winning more than losing. I just hate those close games where you have so many opportunities to win and come up short. When we get trounced I can take that better. The best team just won. I am not saying the best team didn't win last night. I wasn't happy with the officiating either but we shot ourselves in the foot enough last night to lose that game. That was a long ride home after standing in the rain and wind for about three hours. Of course that ain't the first time I have had a long ride home from Bruceton. Three times this year when we really needed to get it done, we didn't. That's the difference in being good and being great. I'm disappointed but I will be there next week at Fayette Academy in the rain, wind, sleet or snow. I ain't no fair weather fan....... :( Oh yea , our football season ends next week...

Awe come on. Don't throw in the towel now. You guys have been through so much. Buc up lil football fan. This thang is just getting started. Everybody is even again. I know it's tough to remain positive. But things can go either way when ur talking about kids. Good luck to your club next week. :(