Morristown East & West

splainshornets

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well by the time the school got built, no one would be alive that went to the middle school, so it wouldn't matter what the team name is...

But it's never gonna happen.

That did it. I am running for county commission and school board!!!!...lol.

My platform: Build a mega-school on 160, bring the community back together, new school mascot, keep taxes low, sell bonds to build school, get Wild family involved (just kidding), beat everyone!!!

EDWARD R. MASTERS FOR COUNTY COMMISSION!!!

Edited by Ed Masters

County Commission meets are quite interesting..But it doesn't really matter to me after this season, since next year you will be able to see me on TV painted orange and white sitting in the Orange Nation, just like I did for the West games this year..

It should still matter. I graduated a long time ago. My wife has to pull me back over the rail at UT every week, but I still care about high school sports and high school students as well. Don't stop caring because you graduate. Be proud! I love as an adult having a middle school, high school, college and pro teams that I care about. I even have a Canadian football team I love!

I'm gonna have to agree with what someone else said about canefan72..Pointing out a specific parent is classless..

And about West having their own field...Well, if you've ever read the Tribune, you'd know that God himself went to East High. West is only the #2 football team in the state..And aside from sports, we have students competing for spots at Harvard, Duke, MIT, and other colleges year in and year out. After the East/West game when East's student section was put on the front of the paper, the CT was flooded with calls and complaints. Any outsider reading that paper would never know there were 2 High Schools in Hamblen County. East and West have NEVER been treated equal, and it's been that way since Morristown High School split...And East got to keep the mascot...And I wonder how many of the players that were on the East state championship team back then were zoned for West?

Anyway..West could play inside of the Panther Creek swimming pool and their would be more fans and a better atmosphere than at Burke Toney...

I'm guessing West plays at CNC on Friday night.

You know, that is so typical of West fans. East fans think the Tribune is overly slanted to West. Last year West's football coaches gave the team boost of false confidence by putting up an edition of the Sunday paper where both East and West were on the front double featured, but the picture of West was smaller and East was the centerpiece. Not a one of you are satisfied with the coverage. I worked their for 4 years and let me tell you the only way the Tribune will ever make Morristown natives happy with the coverage of their teams is if they decide to build a mega-school and rejoin someplace like someone else suggested off of 160 or even off 25-E somewhere.

In order to be fair to both schools, we had to make a decision to give East a little love they rarely get since West is such a dominant team during the regular season and has won so many recently in the City Championship series. Everyone in the Lakeway Area is aware of West being that good and still being unbeaten, but quite frankly I'd say most folks are beginning to get sick of West fans bellyaching about what is a misinterpreted lack of coverage or more coverage for East.

It's split just as much as it can be. I haven't always seen eye to eye with Brian Trent on things and we butted heads a time or two while we worked together, but by golly he is doing the best he can to cater to everyone.

And you guys should be a little more appreciative instead of griping and whining. BTW, Trent is a West grad...:ph34r:

Edited by KevB1990

I would prefer that we put them back together. Most research says that 3 would be best, but they do not live here and see how East/West divides the town.

That's too bad about the town being divided. The Maryville/Alcoa thing doesn't seem to divide our community (well maybe for 1 week).

If any field needs field turf, the one in Mo-Town does. Good luck to East and West.

New schools are something to debate over. I'm not sure how "crowded" East and West are, but I bet you all are really scrounging for room.

I know here in Washington County, things are ok for the present, but I guarantee that in about five years, there will be talk of building a new high school. I've been in Boone and Crockett, and both schools really need room. It is hard on a teacher when they can't use time during their planning period inside their room because you have a couple of "roaming" teachers that need a classroom to teach.

If you all need room (and a football field!) I would support that for you guys in Morristown.

Mr. Wild, a personal friend of mine, is a dedicated booster of West. This is mostly due to the fact that he is an alumnus of West. He has been a part of the booster community at the school for a number of years, even before his children were at the school.

The suggestion that our coaching staff can be bought for playing time is very upsetting to me and a new low even for an East fan.

I hope that most of East has too much class to be part of your delusion, but I guess we will really never know the answer to that, will we?

As for West, we appreciate the time and effort given by all of our Boosters and would never dream of singling one out of the bunch. We are a team from the field to the stands and have proven it between the hashes as a friend told me the other night.

All I can say is good luck to East. Perhaps the saying one and done will not apply this year.

all east fans arent jealous just a few im sure if we had the means to wed all give more but u do what u can do some can just do more than others logan has had a good year nuff said bout that i also think we all know east is capable of beating west and obviously west can beat east lots of football before that even happens i will say one thing that has nothing to do with any fans but has to do with the west coaching staff sending your film crew to tape the east home game was one of the worst and most arrogant things ive ever heard of most ppl didnt even know it happened im sure all u had to do was ask im pretty sure our coaches would have given u all the tape u could watch all u had to do was ask not sneak in the back door and then give excuses why u were there other than that i hope we both play back to each other would be a great game and either way a morristown team would be moving on

all east fans arent jealous just a few im sure if we had the means to wed all give more but u do what u can do some can just do more than others logan has had a good year nuff said bout that i also think we all know east is capable of beating west and obviously west can beat east lots of football before that even happens i will say one thing that has nothing to do with any fans but has to do with the west coaching staff sending your film crew to tape the east home game was one of the worst and most arrogant things ive ever heard of most ppl didnt even know it happened im sure all u had to do was ask im pretty sure our coaches would have given u all the tape u could watch all u had to do was ask not sneak in the back door and then give excuses why u were there other than that i hope we both play back to each other would be a great game and either way a morristown team would be moving on

As an East fan, here is what happened with "Filmgate." The West film guy went to practice at the game since West was off. He did not know that this would be an issue. I saw him there and asked him why he was there. He told me straight up that he was practicing. He feels that he gets rusty from time to time. Coach Seals knew about it and East handled it through CO and got the film back. It did come across as smarmy, but I believe it to be unintentional. The film guy at West would not lie. He is a good man and person. If West had sent the film guy, he would have admitted it. He is a stand up guy.

As an East fan, here is what happened with "Filmgate." The West film guy went to practice at the game since West was off. He did not know that this would be an issue. I saw him there and asked him why he was there. He told me straight up that he was practicing. He feels that he gets rusty from time to time. Coach Seals knew about it and East handled it through CO and got the film back. It did come across as smarmy, but I believe it to be unintentional. The film guy at West would not lie. He is a good man and person. If West had sent the film guy, he would have admitted it. He is a stand up guy.

Thank you Ed. I am glad to see someone on here from either side that is open minded. I wish that this petty bickering could stop, but I guess some things will never change. Morristown is too divided.

As for the Tribune, I am sure they are doing the best that they can and someone will always feel slighted.

Good luck to both teams.

First of all Coach Seals did not know about the west film man being on top of the press box. I know him and he would not put up with that type disrespect. If all he was doing was practicing why did he not go to another game and film it or film practice for west. Get real people West has always thought they were better than East and still feel that way. Yes they have had the advantage the last few years but i feel that east is gaining ground quicky on west. Good luck to both schools in the playoffs