Johnson County @ Morristown East

Why does everyone have to wait until 'West' decides. Isn't there someone else who would make that decision? I'd play at CN if it were my decision.

The cost of playing at C-N along with the cut that the TSSAA takes from the gate receipts may prove to be prohibitive. Anyway, the weather forecast for Thursday and Friday is clear and sunny with the highs in the 50s. Hopefully, that can dry the field from the rains tonight and on Wednesday.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cost of playing at C-N along with the cut that the TSSAA takes from the gate receipts may prove to be prohibitive. Anyway, the weather forecast for Thursday and Friday is clear and sunny with the highs in the 50s. Hopefully, that can dry the field from the rains tonight and on Wednesday.

As far as Friday is concerned, just heard on WCRK that West worked out

negotiations to play Friday at Carson Newman. East will be at Burke-Toney. Good luck to both teams!!!!

Congrads to Johnson County just read in the Johnson City Press where they were awarded the Sportmanship Trophy, the Bobby Dodd Trophy by the Region 1 officials Association. Dodd played QB @ DB in the 1920's and later @UT VOLS AND Coached @ Ga. TECH.Good luck aganist the Canes represent this region well...

I am smelling an East vs West rematch in a couple of weeks. Played at Carson Newman in front of a packed house. Of course we have other teams to eliminate first, but man that would be awesome..

Not a bad scenario at all; although, I think a mud-free Burke-Toney would be the perfect site for the rematch. People were 6 deep around the end zones for the city championship. What would it be like for a quarter-final?

As I said earlier speed, speed, and more speed. That is the advantage East has over Johnson County. I am a fan of Morristown West and I can admit that East is easily the best team we have played, and they are on a roll now. I don't see the Longhorns stopping them. Heck their QB (Ramsey) is probably faster than anybody on Johnson County's team, and then you have Dockery, Mosier and the rest of those guys.

As I said earlier speed, speed, and more speed. That is the advantage East has over Johnson County. I am a fan of Morristown West and I can admit that East is easily the best team we have played, and they are on a roll now. I don't see the Longhorns stopping them. Heck their QB (Ramsey) is probably faster than anybody on Johnson County's team, and then you have Dockery, Mosier and the rest of those guys.

#25 for JC is quick and tough, contain him and Mo East might come on top. JC also has a descent QB and a couple good recievers. Dont know too much about East but i know they have some speed, Defense will be the key for who wins this game. THe score will be close , but im going to have to go with JC on this one.

Prediction- JC 21, East 17