Danny MCcoin..

maxout

are you sure about this, my son was a senior this year and i've not heard anything about it, when did he annouce this just today. I dont understand what the fans expected we only had about 5 guys that played last year on the championship team and theres noway he could have gave them another gold ball this year with the talent they had to work with, the only thing i seen that he should have done differently is put little mccoin in as qb and holt as receiver but i quess he didnt want to be dogged about starting his son as a freshmen, but if i remember correctly thats what they did with cates. not that holt wasnt a good qb its just that we needed him more as a receiver and that would have gave mccoin another year experience. good luck danny if this is true and i hope u do choose to stay on as a off coord

AMEN!!!! YES u said it perfectly!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason people in overton county are upset is because he used bad language at some point in time. If he was 9-1 nothing would have ever been said. This is just another example of our board members in overton county having to much control and influence over our teachers and coaches. Coach Mccoin will be missed and these people will regret not having him on our sidelines.

Bad languagae! Have you sat in the stands lately? The loud mouths yelling at the refs when we are down 49-0. It is amazing that one successful year can ruin a town's success. Coach McCoin was given an impossible job in following up the state championship. He deserves more! In the online article at the Overton County News, he praised all the kids and was gracious in stepping down.

I have had the privilege of knowing Danny personally for 20 years..I have known of him my whole life..He was outstanding to watch in high school. He went on to college and a short stint in the pros and never to my knowledge got above his raising. I played babe ruth baseball for Danny and I also got the privilege to play football for him too. He, if left alone, will play the players that need to be on the field. He does have knowledge of the game, he does love the kids, and he's got feelings of his own(which are probably crushed). I hope him the best because has always hoped the best for me..I support Danny and always will..It's a shame that 1 or 2 apples can ruin a whole bushel but thats the way it goes i guess.

Best of luck if you read this COACH McCoin!!

By the way, wasn't COACH McCoin there when LA finally got back to winning ways

in 1989(only 2nd time LA had even been to the playoffs and again in 1990)...I played and I know he was there...Thanks COACH McCoin!!!

Oh yeah... the first time LA went to the playoffs, who was the qb? hint?

How many other teams since has he been apart of having success with? Pretty much the 90's. He helped see that LA was not going to be any ones whipping post with the exception of this year and that was not all his fault.

My! MY! How easily we forget!

Bad languagae! Have you sat in the stands lately? The loud mouths yelling at the refs when we are down 49-0. It is amazing that one successful year can ruin a town's success. Coach McCoin was given an impossible job in following up the state championship. He deserves more! In the online article at the Overton County News, he praised all the kids and was gracious in stepping down.

first of all i will start that i hate this for Danny and i really hate seeing him go because my son and his are good friends, but to set the record straight uncle L my husband is one of the fans that yells at the refs whether they are down 49-0 or up 0-49, and has always done so since our boys have played peewee, and i can assure u he was not a part of this at all, so just because u yell at the refs dont make u a back stabber your comment is a little out of line, if u know who is behind it be man enough to say it not just say the fans because not all the fans is against Danny as u can read in my previous post. And again Danny i wish u the best of luck, and hope to at least see u as an off. coordinater next year.

It sounds like Coach McCoin is an upstanding coach and person. I'm hearing Wartburg may have an opening...wonder if he'd consider rebuilding (or, rather, building) that program?

The good thing there is that there aren't very big expectations, so I don't think he'd have to worry about parents getting all upset if they lose a game!

On another thread there was a link to an article: http://www.overtoncountynews.com/

In the article, it states that he had to kick some kids off of the team. Parents need to realize if their little darlings mess up, they have to deal with consequences (it doesn't mention what these kids did; that's beside the point).

Sounds like LA royally screwed up and may have to pay for it for a long time.

Really sad after the last year's great season.

Coach McCoin, I hope you take your Son and move on to whereever it may be. A Friend of mine says your Son is the real deal and the future of LA so I hope you take him away from this Community and let him be great somewhere else. You shouldnt have been treated this way and I certainly hope you dont go back in any other role. LA plays in the toughest region in the State I cant imagine what the people of LA expect.

I think that i agree with Mr. Bryan Aldridge statement and many others as i read, A GOOD COACH HAS BEEN RUN OFF!...and for what??? I had the liberty of playing for coach McCoin this year. Those of you who think that coach mccoin was the problem this yr and the reason that we went 1-9, YOUR WRONG! He didnt miss any tackles, drop the easy catches, run through the wrong holes, miss a block, or make a bad throw. We all make mistakes, but why throw the blame on one man? Coach McCoin put a lot of heart, time, and effort into this football team this year and this is how you repay him? You win as a team and you lose as a team.

Thanks Coach McCoin for your time and effort this year and i wish the best for you.

Coach McCoin, I hope you take your Son and move on to whereever it may be. A Friend of mine says your Son is the real deal and the future of LA so I hope you take him away from this Community and let him be great somewhere else. You shouldnt have been treated this way and I certainly hope you dont go back in any other role. LA plays in the toughest region in the State I cant imagine what the people of LA expect.

I feel for Coach McCoin. He's a really fine guy and I wish him the best. As far as his son goes, he is a good young player, but calling him the FUTURE of LA is pretty strong words. He has plenty of other talented teammates in his class as well as the class ahead of him. I think the frosh and soph class as a whole should be considered the future. As far as the elementary players who are coming in, I'm really not familiar enough with those kids to say what contributions they might be able to make to the program. I do understand they had a pretty good year 6 or 7 wins and i think 3 losses. But, good luck to the whole LA program and you Coach Mc.