I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

Leading scorer Taylor Brooks quit during blowout against Crockett. She claims that she doesn't get the ball enough from teammates and coach is harder on her than the others.

seems to be trendy....WHAT HAS THE TEAM DONE FOR ME LATELY......

some of these kids should play tennis or golf...

makes you wonder if the kids that hardly get in the game think the coach is harder on them than the girl who is regularly high scorer...THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMM...high score ...not getting the ball enough

NBA influence !

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach, I think that is a little unfair, and due to your involvement at Mo East (two daughters on the team) I think a less than unbiased opinion.

From what I have seen, Taylor was hardly the leading scorer at East this year. With the system they run, or attempt to run, I don't know that anyone could be a consistant high scorer. Which might lead to more problems than it solves, because no one really know what their role is supposed to be.

Some times, players and coaches, or players and players, just don't get along. You have a choice, put up with it, or leave. It looks like Taylor decided not to put up with any longer.

From what I know of her, she is nowhere near a "what has the team done for me lately" type of player. If she has in fact transferred to Jeff County, she is not going to have an easy road, and Coach Potts has his moments also.

I wish the best for her. And just think TrotterCoach, more time for your girls.

Edited by HeardNotseen

If she is wanting the ball all the time, she won't find it at Jeff County.

Anyway, after one half of season, I think Greeneville will have a pretty easy road to the district crown if they continue playing at the level that they are.

That being said...That's not saying much. They won't compete with some of the stronger programs in the state, but as I said before the seaso, the IMAC is weaker than it has been in a number of years.

Coach, I think that is a little unfair, and due to your involvement at Mo East (two daughters on the team) I think a less than unbiased opinion.

From what I have seen, Taylor was hardly the leading scorer at East this year. With the system they run, or attempt to run, I don't know that anyone could be a consistant high scorer. Which might lead to more problems than it solves, because no one really know what their role is supposed to be.

Some times, players and coaches, or players and players, just don't get along. You have a choice, put up with it, or leave. It looks like Taylor decided not to put up with any longer.

From what I know of her, she is nowhere near a "what has the team done for me lately" type of player. If she has in fact transferred to Jeff County, she is not going to have an easy road, and Coach Potts has his moments also.

I wish the best for her. And just think TrotterCoach, more time for your girls.

its so fun when people talk as if they know you and have their data wrong....i only have 1 daughter in high school (a freshman) the other girl is of no relation, my youngest is in the 6th grade. Also I'm a big fan of Taylor's , love her talent and her as a kid and would love to see MY DAUGHTER continue to play with her because of her talent. I was merely making a generalized statement about this situation and the fact that alot of it is going on recently. As per your (less than unbiased opinion crack) yes I'm a spectator of East and because my daughter plays, (unlike most or lets say alot of parents) I let my daughter plow her own row and do her own communicating with the coaches and have taught her to finish what you start ,so I dont get involved. Also dont you think the best way to give opinions is to be associated with the subject.

one last comment on this.....if the only way my daughter can get PLAYING TIME is for someone to quit then that would be pretty pathetic on my part.....but anyway thanks for your unbiased opinion and have a great day.

If she is wanting the ball all the time, she won't find it at Jeff County.

Anyway, after one half of season, I think Greeneville will have a pretty easy road to the district crown if they continue playing at the level that they are.

That being said...That's not saying much. They won't compete with some of the stronger programs in the state, but as I said before the seaso, the IMAC is weaker than it has been in a number of years.

"They won't compete with some of the stronger programs in the state" I guess you have not followed much of the season. Greeneville only has three losses. And two of those losses were to nationally ranked Cleveland and Lexington Catholic. The other was to last years State Champ Wilson Central. Greeneville took Cleveland to two overtimes and should have beat Lexington Catholic. Their only blow out was to Wilson Central who shot 60% from the field. Greeneville only shot 30%. I would have to say that Greeneville can compete with some of the stronger programs. I don't think I would say the IMAC is weaker, I would probably say the IMAC is younger. There is a lot of young teams.

"They won't compete with some of the stronger programs in the state" I guess you have not followed much of the season. Greeneville only has three losses. And two of those losses were to nationally ranked Cleveland and Lexington Catholic. The other was to last years State Champ Wilson Central. Greeneville took Cleveland to two overtimes and should have beat Lexington Catholic. Their only blow out was to Wilson Central who shot 60% from the field. Greeneville only shot 30%. I would have to say that Greeneville can compete with some of the stronger programs. I don't think I would say the IMAC is weaker, I would probably say the IMAC is younger. There is a lot of young teams.

The only thing standing in the way of Greeneville girls this year is how they handle physical defense. Lexington Catholic turned up the heat physically and Greeneville really didn't know how to respond. Now granted, our officials usually restrain that kind of physical play, but the girls need to learn that there are teams out there that will flat lay you out and officials that will allow more "robust" play. They played really well against Cleveland but I thought their second half against the LC team was tentative. Greeneville has enormous potential and competition like they faced in the Classic will only help. We will see how they play against a really physical Glory Johnson next weekend.

I would have to agree that the IMAC is weaker than it has been.

Jefferson County has been way down the past two years, Cherokee has a group of juniors that have been playing together forever and continue to underachieve, Morristown East was talked up a lot early but they are struggling, and Morristown West (due to injuries and what not) is no where near the caliber of team it was last year.

Greeneville rolls along, but as we saw against Wilson Central, the Lady Devils have to play their absolutely best game to have a shot at pulling the upset.

Cocke County beats Morristown East 48-46.

Lady Red trailed 35-19 with 3:10 to play in the third quarter.

They hadnt scored since the 2:35 mark of the 2nd quarter.

Then they rolled with Shannon Depew. Depew scored 28 on the night and 20 in the 2nd half.

After consecutive turnovers by East and CCHS, Depew's other freshman partner Morgan Buda scored on a scoop shot layup to give her team the 48-46 lead with 4.0 seconds left.

Demeka Holt had a three on the rim at the horn but it was no good..

Cocke County beats Morristown East 48-46.

Lady Red trailed 35-19 with 3:10 to play in the third quarter.

They hadnt scored since the 2:35 mark of the 2nd quarter.

Then they rolled with Shannon Depew. Depew scored 28 on the night and 20 in the 2nd half.

After consecutive turnovers by East and CCHS, Depew's other freshman partner Morgan Buda scored on a scoop shot layup to give her team the 48-46 lead with 4.0 seconds left.

Demeka Holt had a three on the rim at the horn but it was no good..

Greeneville over Morristown West 31-29. West gave Greeneville all they could handle. They had a great defensive game plan despite having their 2 senior posts and starting point guard on the bench in street clothes due to injuries. The young kids stepped up and Jones, Cross, and Thayer played their hearts out. As in last year's district and region finals Galyon certainly outcoached the Greeneville coach. Greeneville is loaded with talent. If this continues West will win some games down the stretch.

Sounds like Gaylon tried to do the same thing that Stan Ballard did to Billy Duncan several years ago with a stall ball offensive game.

Gaylon will hardly ever be outcoached in the conference, thats for sure.

No ,he didn't try to stall. West played smart and took good shots for the most part.