I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

Cocke County 47

Knox Central 41

Unsure about the total stats but Cocke probably scored 25 points on freethrows, as Central only attempted around 15. It was a long game drug out by ticky tack fouls. 3 Players left the game with injuries. (Suggs from Cocke and 2 Central Kids)

I've seen Cocke Co play about 2 or 3 times this year, and IMO the players are not being used correctly. Again i've only seen them play a few times but it looks like the coach just shows up.

3 girls around 6 foot in the starting lineup and the tallest opposing defender is barely 5'8.... could count on 1 hand how many times they went inside (and central was playing man2man!)

Nothing negative meant just an opinion...

Edited by RockHard

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cocke County 47

Knox Central 41

Unsure about the total stats but Cocke probably scored 25 points on freethrows, as Central only attempted around 15. It was a long game drug out by ticky tack fouls. 3 Players left the game with injuries. (Suggs from Cocke and 2 Central Kids)

I've seen Cocke Co play about 2 or 3 times this year, and IMO the players are not being used correctly. Again i've only seen them play a few times but it looks like the coach just shows up.

3 girls around 6 foot in the starting lineup and the tallest opposing defender is barely 5'8.... could count on 1 hand how many times they went inside (and central was playing man2man!)

Nothing negative meant just an opinion...

Can they go inside?

Bryant (#42) doesnt make any post moves. She wont dribble. If she could, she'd do great.

Lewis (#24) is a 4 playing the 3....she can shoot, at times.....but she's just not strong enough to play inside. She made one voluntary workout this fall I am told.

We know what Depew can do.

JMO....but Suggs should be starting in one of the slots, they'd lose height with her, but she plays good defense. She's not an offensive threat though....but Lewis and Lane arent consistent offensive threats, either.....

Cocke County has 2 consistent offensive threats and thats about it.

i agree with u about all of it pts... but depew alone should have the ball pounded into her more than 5 times a game. It wasn't like central was trying to deny her the ball. just one on one coverage.

Did Depew play the whole game......or did she play sparingly?

I know sitting her some/a lot was an option going in with her injury from last Tuesday still lingering a bit and Monday's game being rather meaningless in the big picture...

How many 3s did the Lady Red jack up? They've not been very consistent there this year, but they do hit them when it counts it seems.....

DZ, I heard you were curious, so here goes:

Batey 1FG, 1 three, 1/1 free throws - 6 total

Nelson 5FG, 2/6 free throws - 12 total

Lyke 2 FG - 4 total

Elliott 3FG, 1 Three, 5/6 free throws - 14 total

Brooks 1FG, 1/2 free throws - 3 total

Potts 1FG, 5/6 Free throws - 7 Total

Whiteside 3FG, 2/2 Free Throws - 8 Tot

Team - 19 of 40 from the field, 4 of 11 threes, 16 of 23 from the charity stripe. :(

one would think that the girls who played in the game would know the score....

Anyone know how West/Sevier Co turned out? Or did they play it?

I heard tonight after the Jeff game that Sevier won. Don't know a score. No box score in the CT. Boy's (West) box score was in there, even though they lost. :(

The TSSAA website updated their Regional Tournament Directors to reflect that Region 1-AAA will be at Sullivan South....

Guess someone at the TSSAA offices goofed...

TSSAA says Regional Schedule will be the following

7 PM tip time on Friday for the openign round of regionals.

Monday: 6 pm and 7:30 pm tip times for the semifinals

Wednesday: 7 pm tip time for the finals

Edited by PTSportsWriter

DZ, I heard you were curious, so here goes:

Batey 1FG, 1 three, 1/1 free throws - 6 total

Nelson 5FG, 2/6 free throws - 12 total

Lyke 2 FG - 4 total

Elliott 3FG, 1 Three, 5/6 free throws - 14 total

Brooks 1FG, 1/2 free throws - 3 total

Potts 1FG, 5/6 Free throws - 7 Total

Whiteside 3FG, 2/2 Free Throws - 8 Tot

Team - 19 of 40 from the field, 4 of 11 threes, 16 of 23 from the charity stripe. :(

Hmm, I don't know where you heard that, but thanks my friend. Missed the first three quarters, had to go to the middle school games. Caught the final quarter, Haley was all over the place.