I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

First, let me go ahead and apologize for the length.

Long time reader, 1st time poster.

I know there are a lot of reporters on this thread. You might want to think about some background stories on some of these teams. For instance, instead of giving Gville guards a hard time, think what they have had to overcome losing their main outside threat over the summer. It takes a while to remix the chemistry.

When you give MoWest a hard time about “getting lucky”, take a look at their luck this season. Made a nice run last year at a tough gym and got rewarded to “host” the sectional at that same tough gym. Thanks for Gville for understanding and letting them play where they had become a little comfortable. Anyway, to this year. Picked up a backup PG this summer only to lose her when she went back to her home district. She made MVP at that district. Lost starting senior post 3 weeks before fall practice with completely blown knee. Lost promising backup guard 3rd game with ACL. Lost 2nd starting senior post the next game with ACL. Lost starting senior PG with not an ACL, but dislocated shoulder. 3 senior starters off of last years Region champs…gone. 2 of them all district last year. Now you’ve got guards playing posts and freshman playing guards. Instead of a tough man to man D, they have to learn to play zone. Everybody has to relearn roles on O. No points off of D, anemic O. Oh and throw in the 2nd toughest schedule in TN(according to this board). Going .500 was an accomplishment. When they played good, they were good, but when they played bad against good teams you get beat by Gville by 30, Wilson Central by 30.

Anyway, I hope IMAC does good. Glad MoWest is in opposite bracket of Devils and Big Red. I think Jeff can shoot well at those tight rims at Viking Hall. Hope our district fans will travel if it’s all IMAC in the Region!

West didn't get to .500 this season did they?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you missed the point.

I got the point...I just didn't get the math. West went 11-12, 5-6 in conference. Not too bad considering the hand they were dealt

As far as Greeneville is concerned, everyone loses players. Greeneville at least came into the school year knowing they would have to make adjustments outside.It took some time but they managed. Next year will be the test...losing a big post and point.Guard play will be the least of their worries.

South isn't chopped liver. They have two offensive scorers and a couple of wings that can flat shoot. Thier offense isn't very imaginative and their defense is suspect. They are a dangerous team that can sneak up on you on a given night.

Science Hill has numerous scorers, so it will be difficult for the Trojans. West should be able to handle their pressure, but how will they score?

The IMAC has great matchups against their opponents in Round 1.

Good luck IMAC.

Great First Post! :thumb:

Great Post. Thank you. Living the Mo West season first hand I can tell you it has been tough. However these girls have the "heart of a champion" and yes they got "lucky" but they more than deserved it and are now rewarded with a home game tomorrow night. Jones, Cross, Thayer, and Moss have been the "senior" glue that has held this team together, sometimes by a thread. Great job, girls. They are the defending region champs and no one can take that from them! Good luck to all I-MAC teams in the tournament.

First, let me go ahead and apologize for the length.

Long time reader, 1st time poster.

I know there are a lot of reporters on this thread. You might want to think about some background stories on some of these teams. For instance, instead of giving Gville guards a hard time, think what they have had to overcome losing their main outside threat over the summer. It takes a while to remix the chemistry.

When you give MoWest a hard time about “getting lucky”, take a look at their luck this season. Made a nice run last year at a tough gym and got rewarded to “host” the sectional at that same tough gym. Thanks for Gville for understanding and letting them play where they had become a little comfortable. Anyway, to this year. Picked up a backup PG this summer only to lose her when she went back to her home district. She made MVP at that district. Lost starting senior post 3 weeks before fall practice with completely blown knee. Lost promising backup guard 3rd game with ACL. Lost 2nd starting senior post the next game with ACL. Lost starting senior PG with not an ACL, but dislocated shoulder. 3 senior starters off of last years Region champs…gone. 2 of them all district last year. Now you’ve got guards playing posts and freshman playing guards. Instead of a tough man to man D, they have to learn to play zone. Everybody has to relearn roles on O. No points off of D, anemic O. Oh and throw in the 2nd toughest schedule in TN(according to this board). Going .500 was an accomplishment. When they played good, they were good, but when they played bad against good teams you get beat by Gville by 30, Wilson Central by 30.

Anyway, I hope IMAC does good. Glad MoWest is in opposite bracket of Devils and Big Red. I think Jeff can shoot well at those tight rims at Viking Hall. Hope our district fans will travel if it’s all IMAC in the Region!

Yes West overcame a lot to go 11-12 - and maybe their schedule was one of the toughest - but they didn't beat any good teams on that schedule, except maybe Tennessee High. So in the scheme of things, they didn't really accomplish anything.

South isn't chopped liver. They have two offensive scorers and a couple of wings that can flat shoot. Thier offense isn't very imaginative and their defense is suspect. They are a dangerous team that can sneak up on you on a given night.

Science Hill has numerous scorers, so it will be difficult for the Trojans. West should be able to handle their pressure, but how will they score?

The IMAC has great matchups against their opponents in Round 1.

Good luck IMAC.

Unimaginative offense and suspect defense? Sounds like chopped liver to me.

Yes West overcame a lot to go 11-12 - and maybe their schedule was one of the toughest - but they didn't beat any good teams on that schedule, except maybe Tennessee High. So in the scheme of things, they didn't really accomplish anything.

South Doyle isn't a bad team. By saying they didn't "accomplish anything" I think you are missing the whole point of high school athletics.