I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

King does have a point about one thing though. Cocke County had an opportunity to do something about the seeding in the second half of the season. When you lose to Cherokee with a chance at the No. 2 on the line, you have no room to complain about anything.

Why all the Cherokee hating on here. Got on here tonight to see how the chatter is going and the lady chiefs are taking shots all over the place.

oh i agree...east had 3 missed opportunities that i can think of off the top of my head......(at cherokee led by 14 w/ 4min to go....almost same scenario the first game at cocke.........and went up on greeneville at greeneville...all three times seemed to run out of gas)...anyway thats behind us now and the tournament and season has been anything but boring......this is a fun thread everyone is having serious :) fun w/ each other :)

First half of the season saw Cherokee lose the same kind of leads against West, Jeff County and East.

Jefferson County had the best start to the conference season, Cocke County came on strong after Xmas break, Morristown East played its best ball at the end of the season (as did Cherokee), and West has won its last two. Cocke County may have lost 3 games by 10 points, but two of them were against Cherokee :ph34r: So again, no reason to complain about the draw. Cocke County may have been better at times, but other times they weren't.

What's the big deal about losing two to Cherokee....You guys make it sound like Cherokee wasn't actually involved in that 5 way tie at the end of the season. Fact of the matter is, the only conference teams Cherokee didn't beat this year are playing for the championship tonight.

The way I see it, the IMAC had one very good team and a bunch of average teams....and the final regular season standings agree with me.

Edited by statman3

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why all the Cherokee hating on here. Got on here tonight to see how the chatter is going and the lady chiefs are taking shots all over the place.

First half of the season saw Cherokee lose the same kind of leads against West, Jeff County and East.

What's the big deal about losing two to Cherokee....You guys make it sound like Cherokee wasn't actually involved in that 5 way tie at the end of the season. Fact of the matter is, the only conference teams Cherokee didn't beat this year are playing for the championship tonight.

The way I see it, the IMAC had one very good team and a bunch of average teams....and the final regular season standings agree with me.

Sorry statman, i got carried away in my joshin of PTS. :)

This weeks AP Poll

Class AAA

Record Pts Prv

1. Mt. Juliet (2) 26-2 113 2

2. Wilson Central (3) 28-4 110 3

3. Greeneville (6) 27-3 102 1

4. Riverdale (1) 30-3 94 6

5. Cleveland 26-3 82 5

6. Memphis East (1) 24-1 59 7

7. Shelbyville 26-5 56 4

8. Smyrna 25-6 32 8

9. Bartlett 24-3 26 10

10. Cocke County 17-11 9

How about that? Don't lose a game and slip from 1 to 3. Maybe more of the middle Tennessee reporters got their act together and cast their ballots this week. Looks like it is shaping up to be a great state tournament. How many of these "top 10" teams will not even make it to Murfreesboro?

Congrats to the Lady Red tonight! I was wrong. I thought that they would be over the Greenville game. They made some shots and some plays, but could never put Jeff away. Did not play with a lot of energy tonight. At times, I thought we were going through the motions. We would have a lead of 6 or 8, then do silly things. Defensive rebounding will still be our downfall. But give Jeff credit. They are playing much better than when we played them in January. Much better. I think that the coach has something to do with that.

Whoever has been lobbying for Nelson for Jeff is right! She created lots of offense for Jeff. I am not sure why she was not on the floor more tonight. Again, I am sorry I don’t know names but I liked, I believe, no 25, she had a quick step and could jump. I would have played her more too. This team is much more than Elliot. But they really do need some size. I look forward to Buda and Nelson for the next several years.

End of the district play: CCHS 6-7 - seriously doubt with that record, we are the second best team.

CCHS 2 out of 3 from Jeff

CCHS 2 out of 3 from East

CCHS 2 out of 2 from West

CCHS 0 out of 3 from GHS

CCHS 0 out of 2 from Cherokee

CCHS must become a better road team. This group of players will no longer have the district tournament games at home. Went 1-4 on the road (losing to everybody except West). Went 5-3 at home (Lost to GHS (2) and Cherokee at home). In the end, the games that actually matter the most, were losing to Cherokee at home in January and GHS in December b/c we did not take care of our home court.

I will not get on my official soapbox - very few fouls were called tonight either way. As a result, both teams showed some frustration and elbows were throw by both teams. If they would have connected, a girl would have been hurt and a team would have been without a player for the region. I know the arguements - we would shoot fouls forever and you have to be under control at all times and that is just the way the game is played. It just seems to me that in general, games are to physical and that kids get hurt. In my humble opinion, that is not needed at all in high school. I also know I am in a very small minority.

Sounds like we get either a highly rated team in Tennessee or a really hot team in Daniel Boone. Not that summer really matters, but Tennessee beat CCHS on the last possession at GP last summer on a Saturday morning. If I remember right – they have a very good point guard and a very good and big post player. Tennessee beat us in the regional last year by about 30. Daniel Boone beat us last year in the regular season twice handily.

To close, for the first time in 6 straight years of playing in the consolation game, we finally won. We have won 18 games and we are still playing. We also are playing with confidence. Good night - we win and the Lady Vols win!

And, I had to leave before awards were given – how many freshman and sophomores made All-Tourney and All Conference. I suspect only a couple of seniors received awards – which means the I-MAC is going to be strong and fun to watch.

Go Lady Red!

PTS

Did you say that CCHS is no 10 in the AP poll. That poll just lost all credibility. Surely I am reading it wrong.

its never been all that credible.

They give out a "How They Fared" with games and results that week of the Top 10. My guess is that, the influx of Middle TN (9 of 13 from middle/west TN) voters this week, voted GHS down and saw that CC played them within a point?

I think GHS is about 4th - at least - behind the top 2 and Cleveland.

All-Conference

Greeneville - Nicole Dickson, Whitney Carter

Morristown West - Ashley Thayer, Kelsey Cross

Cherokee - Ashlee Price, Savannah Ewing

Morristown East - Demeka Holt

Cocke County - Morgan Buda, Shannon Depew

Jefferson County - Kelsey Elliott

Player of the Year - Ashley Deans

Coaches of the Year - Patrick O'Neil and Stacia Crumbley

All-Tournament

Greeneville - Devan McIntyre, Ashley Deans, Nicole Dickson (MVP)

Morristown West - Kelsey Cross, Ashley Thayer

Cocke County - Courtney Lewis, Shannon Depew, Morgan Buda

Jefferson County - Haley Nelson, Kelsey Elliott

So by my count

All-Conference: 1 Sophomore, 2 Freshmen

All-Tourney: 2 Sophomores, 2 Freshmen

Thought McIntyre should've been MVP. Her 14 carried GHS over Cocke County and she hit a huge shot in the final 2 minutes. She usually averages around 4-5 ppg.

Thought McIntyre should've been MVP. Her 14 carried GHS over Cocke County and she hit a huge shot in the final 2 minutes. She usually averages around 4-5 ppg.

yeah i def agree with this...She played great throughout the whole tourney...second choice would have been Deans....she is the glue that holds greeneville high together! congrats tho to dickson

yeah i def agree with this...She played great throughout the whole tourney...second choice would have been Deans....she is the glue that holds greeneville high together! congrats tho to dickson

Yes, I guess a support player should get all the rewards! Dean, did not deserve player of the year! she can only support when other's make plays for her! She hold nothing together! Again, my opinion!