I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

Looks like West and GHS are the front runners by a long shot, but any given team can win on any night. Every team seems to have holes it needs to fill, or young people that will have to prove themselves.

Part :), part :)

i can see cocke county winning 13 or 14 games this year. that is alot for cocke county.

:o for underestimating the Roost Troop :thumb:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Crumley took her training pretty well since they made it to the state semi's. I noticed you don't have too much to say about her skills this year. She coached one great game against Cleveland on Saturday, taking the nationally ranked team to 2 ot's before losing by 8. BTW, I would consider Ashley Deans a bit more than a "good/decent role player" . I guess we will see how good the teams and coaching in the IMAC is when conference play begins in earnest after Xmas.

Please watch the language.

:) Barb behave yourself

If Greeneville was to go to the dance and If DZ goes to cover the Greeneville team the only thing that we would ask is that he lose the "A" cap while he is covering them............................LOL

On a more serious note, hats off to Cocke County for playing a very good game Friday night. It was very entertaining and if they continue to play that well they might do well in the region. Buda played a fantastic game. I wonder what everyone else thinks about the end of the game when she got the ball and was driving down court? I felt she should have taken the ball to the hole and she would have either gotten fouled or hit the shot but she decided to pull up, maybe part of being a freshman and if she were more experienced she would have gone to the hole. just curious about if anyone else thought about it. Seemed Greeneville had problems stopping her off the dribble all night.

If Greeneville was to go to the dance and If DZ goes to cover the Greeneville team the only thing that we would ask is that he lose the "A" cap while he is covering them............................LOL

On a more serious note, hats off to Cocke County for playing a very good game Friday night. It was very entertaining and if they continue to play that well they might do well in the region. Buda played a fantastic game. I wonder what everyone else thinks about the end of the game when she got the ball and was driving down court? I felt she should have taken the ball to the hole and she would have either gotten fouled or hit the shot but she decided to pull up, maybe part of being a freshman and if she were more experienced she would have gone to the hole. just curious about if anyone else thought about it. Seemed Greeneville had problems stopping her off the dribble all night.

Can't fault her either way.

She had the hot hand, but what if she drove in, got fouled and no call?

My thinking is, you have a 3-on-2, you have Lane wide-open, a SR who usually knocks down wide-open set jumpers. Theres not a bad choice, either way. JMO.

Of course, the Sun said Buda took the last shot....

I assume that covering Greeneville for the Sunny would violate terms of my employment, therefore the A must stay :):thumb: Roll Tide and Roll PTS

I guess you have nothing better to do than take a trip down memory lane :o

Barb, please watch the language :)

Busy day - have not had a chance to respond.

Had a wonderful weekend in Charlotte. Transy gave it great ride but feel short. I know this is a basketball post, but let me tell you a swim relay race at the end of the year conference race is as pumped up a moment as any in any basketball game – apparently even the one I missed. Sometimes being a parent is just hard – choosing which child to support and watch. Great weekend, though, my son did his 4 personal best times. I am curious for any college bball expert. In swimming, D-III national cut-off times are faster than D-II b/c there are about 4x the number of D-III schools as D-II. The quality seems to be better at D-2 (with scholarships) but the high-level of quantity seems to be at D-III (with no scholarships). Is that true in basketball?

Apparently missed a great game b/c CCHS and GHS. I have seen the video.

First, props to GHS. I have seen GHS play better especially on defense. Dickson was not allowed to just go off as she is able to do against us. And CCHS had 4 outside bank shots. AND, I am told that it has been 20 years since there was that kind of environment, boys or girls, in the CCHS gym. AND even missing 4 free throws at the end, still found a way to win even when not playing their best. In my mind, that is the sign of a good team – to win on the road not playing your best. I expect them to win tonight, though, again they better come to play. B/c GHS is not a dominant offensive team, they will play lots of tight games. But their half-court defense can be really, really good. I am still surprised why they don’t extend their defense to traps or even full-court?

Second, props to CCHS. We lost this same game 1 year ago by 30 and it was not that close. That is have far we have come. But not far enough! We had no points from our posts (Nikki/Kelsey) and the defense shut down Shannon and holding her to only three. Based on these reason alone, I would have said, it would have been another 20 point game. So some props to our defense, though we are still vulnerable on the defensive boards. And props to our guards and perimeter play. Morgan dominated. Actually in hindsight, wished that she had been a bit more selfish when she was penetrating. And some props to Coach O’Neil. He kept the girls in the game. I am still waiting for Morgan and Shannon to be at their best offensively in the same game.

However, we still lost. Opportunities just don’t come that often. Now, because of losing to Cherokee at home (and to Cherokee and East when the season was on the line), we will now pay the piper and go on the road. We have not played nearly as well on the road.

Tonight, first. A must win for the program. CCHS has played in the consolation game the past six years (I think) and lost them all. We need to show improvement over last year. I don’t believe the emotion of losing Friday, will have an effect tonight. Remember, these are still 15 and 16 year old girls. They hurt lots Friday and Saturday, but they are now over that. A tough game tonight for us for 2 reasons. First, in the first conference game of the year, Jeff beat us, no embarrassed us, by 28 points, the worst loss of the year. We only scored 21 points. While we lost other games, notably Rutledge and Cherokee (2), because we played their deliberate games, Jeff just destroyed us. Beat us worse than anyone else. Second, a little revenge for last year. I look for a tight game with the winner being decided b/w whoever has the better game – Kelsey Elliot or Shannon Depew. We lose tonight, it will not be b/c of Friday night but b/c a better team won.

Can't fault her either way.

She had the hot hand, but what if she drove in, got fouled and no call?

My thinking is, you have a 3-on-2, you have Lane wide-open, a SR who usually knocks down wide-open set jumpers. Theres not a bad choice, either way. JMO.

Of course, the Sun said Buda took the last shot....

What does HE know? He was probably listening to the SG game.