I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

Well I have waited long enough to post about the game the other night.

I do believe that Cocke County deserved that number 2 seed in the District tournament. But they did not get the luck of the draw.

Unfortunately if they win tonight then they will end up in the same side as Greeneville. Their game against Greeneville was probably a confident boost for the Lady Reds. I don't believe that if the two meet in the regional tournament on a court other than their home court that the game will be that close. Give Cocke county credit, they played one heck of a game. They had a lot of emotion and had a point to prove. I do believe they will be in the top of the IMAC for the next three years. Congratulations to the coach and the team. Good luck the rest of the season.

Greeneville did not show up and play the other night against Cocke County. I think that the lay off between that game and their previous game would result in some of the sloppy play. I think that they will come out focused tonight and lay it to ol Johnny Boy. They have a lot to prove. I know everyone is thinking how did Greeneville get to be where they are with playing like that, but let me tell you the cocke county game was by far one of their worst showings. Coach Crumbley hit the nail on the head in her comments to Seth. She gave Cocke County credit and said that her team did not play with a purpose. Look for the Lady Devils to have a purpose tonight against Morristown West.

If Cocke county plays like they did last friday look for them to face Greeneville in the Regionals. Cocke County will win tonight and in the first round of the Regional tournament.

All Tournament Team

Jeff-Haley Nelson

M.East-Leeper

M.West-Thayer

Cherokee-Ewing, Price

Cocke County-Buddah, Depew, number 10

Greeneville-Deans, Dickson

MVP-Mcyntire (only if Deans doesn't go off)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as region brackets, the bracket thats on JIM314.com - seems to me that the upper bracket is:

D1 #1 vs D2 #4 and D2 #2 vs D1 #3....And the bottom bracket is: D2 #1 vs D1 #4 and D1 #2 vs D2 #3

Sounds about right, so the winner of the consolation would be in GHS bracket in the Regional Semis if they can make it

My All Tourney Team

GHS - Ashley Deans, Nicole Dickson, Devan McIntyre

CCHS - Morgan Buda, Courtney Lewis, Shannon Depew

West - Lauren Jones

Jeff - Haley Nelson, Kelsey Elliott

East - Demeka Holt

Cherokee - Savannah Ewing

MOP - McIntyre. Big 3-point shot she hit with 1:49 left against Cocke County. Cocke County held Dickson/Deans under their average (Dickson 14.4, Deans 14.5), but McIntyre scored 8.2 points above her average.

Stat line of the event into day 3 - Buda (CC) 35 points, 14-19 FG, 11 rebounds

Would be curious to know the lines of Nelson and Ewing for their performances.

IF those are the region match-ups......I see 2-2 for the IMAC.

I think traditionally, only the final 4 end up with players on all tourny team. Last year, Ashley Kyle, POY for the conference season had a 17 point performance in a losing effort in the the play-in game, and did not make the tourny team.

Based on that:

Greeneville: Deans, Dixon, McIntyre(MVP)

West: Cross, Jones, Thayer

Cocke County: Depew, Buda

Jefferson: Nelson, Elliott

Ewing deserves a spot, she scored 24 points Wednesday to pick up the slack for Price, who scored only 2.

One note, my list would mean 3 freshmen and a sophomore make the all tourny team. :)

where's bradnessler when you need him to defend his "mighty mighty Lady Rooooooooosters" when you need him? C'mon Mr. Nessler come out and play with these folks!!!!

i'm here dickie!!! are you awake??? still sleeping??? isn't 4:46 am too late for a man your age to be up? don't you worry about the mighty, mighty LADY ROOOOOSTERS, they'll show up tonight and put a little "sweet chin music" on the lady pats this evening at the "House That Buda Built". :)

I think traditionally, only the final 4 end up with players on all tourny team. Last year, Ashley Kyle, POY for the conference season had a 17 point performance in a losing effort in the the play-in game, and did not make the tourny team.

Based on that:

Greeneville: Deans, Dixon, McIntyre(MVP)

West: Cross, Jones, Thayer

Cocke County: Depew, Buda

Jefferson: Nelson, Elliott

Ewing deserves a spot, she scored 24 points Wednesday to pick up the slack for Price, who scored only 2.

One note, my list would mean 3 freshmen and a sophomore make the all tourny team. :)

I think Raiderray's all tournament team is probably most accurate, though Ewing may slip in there. No way Cocke County gets three players on all tournament, while West gets one.

wow...such anger.....calm down sugar it'll be ok.....

Haha, you are a funny guy trotter.

King does have a point about one thing though. Cocke County had an opportunity to do something about the seeding in the second half of the season. When you lose to Cherokee with a chance at the No. 2 on the line, you have no room to complain about anything.

I think Raiderray's all tournament team is probably most accurate, though Ewing may slip in there. No way Cocke County gets three players on all tournament, while West gets one.

Haha, you are a funny guy trotter.

King does have a point about one thing though. Cocke County had an opportunity to do something about the seeding in the second half of the season. When you lose to Cherokee with a chance at the No. 2 on the line, you have no room to complain about anything.

oh i agree...east had 3 missed opportunities that i can think of off the top of my head......(at cherokee led by 14 w/ 4min to go....almost same scenario the first game at cocke.........and went up on greeneville at greeneville...all three times seemed to run out of gas)...anyway thats behind us now and the tournament and season has been anything but boring......this is a fun thread everyone is having serious :) fun w/ each other :)

Coach Crumbley hit the nail on the head in her comments to Seth.

What comments did Crumbley give to Eual :)

By: By EUAL SHELTON/Sports Writer

Source: The Greeneville Sun

02-19-2007

Coach Bill Duncan was asked after the game what was said at half time and his response was “not a lot.”

“I told them they can go back out there and play like they’re capable of playing and win and go back to Hal Henard gym and play the ‘satellite game’ (first game of region) against the number three or four team from Region One, or play like they did the first half and go on the road to probably either Johnson City or Kingsport,” Duncan said.

What do you base this on? other than the Greeneville game and your own personal preference.

Can't base it on overall record. They (CC) have the best overall record, but they beat Carter and Knox Central twice, while Jeff/Cherokee played the DBs, Science Hills, Farraguts of the world.

But I've heard other, non-Cocke County fans, say the same thing. Personally, I felt like East was probably the second best teams in terms of overall athletic ability. Between Leeper, Swaggerty, Holt and Orrick (who moves very well, quick and fast for her size) I thought they had everyone matched in terms of athletic ability.

The only thing I could find myself that it could even be based on is point spread inside the conference. 10 points made up the difference between three IMAC losses.

That said, the top half of the bracket of the tournament contained what I felt were the three best teams.

Well I have waited long enough to post about the game the other night.

I do believe that Cocke County deserved that number 2 seed in the District tournament. But they did not get the luck of the draw.

Unfortunately if they win tonight then they will end up in the same side as Greeneville. Their game against Greeneville was probably a confident boost for the Lady Reds. I don't believe that if the two meet in the regional tournament on a court other than their home court that the game will be that close. Give Cocke county credit, they played one heck of a game. They had a lot of emotion and had a point to prove. I do believe they will be in the top of the IMAC for the next three years. Congratulations to the coach and the team. Good luck the rest of the season.

Greeneville did not show up and play the other night against Cocke County. I think that the lay off between that game and their previous game would result in some of the sloppy play. I think that they will come out focused tonight and lay it to ol Johnny Boy. They have a lot to prove. I know everyone is thinking how did Greeneville get to be where they are with playing like that, but let me tell you the cocke county game was by far one of their worst showings. Coach Crumbley hit the nail on the head in her comments to Seth. She gave Cocke County credit and said that her team did not play with a purpose. Look for the Lady Devils to have a purpose tonight against Morristown West.

If Cocke county plays like they did last friday look for them to face Greeneville in the Regionals. Cocke County will win tonight and in the first round of the Regional tournament.

All Tournament Team

Jeff-Haley Nelson

M.East-Leeper

M.West-Thayer

Cherokee-Ewing, Price

Cocke County-Buddah, Depew, number 10

Greeneville-Deans, Dickson

MVP-Mcyntire (only if Deans doesn't go off)

I think Greeneville's first half on both ends was not up to par, especially defensively. They gave up 24 points after giving up 31 and 30 to CC in both previous games. But credit to them for not letting Depew get the ball down low, they forced Depew to the top of the key and anytime Depew had a touch it was at the top of the key. At the same time, CC made things happen offensively in the 2nd quarter with Buda missing a lot of time after getting hit in the throat and Depew being taken out of the game by Greeneville's defense.

And, I give credit to the CC zone defense from limiting their touches with Deans/Dickson.

Hats off to GHS offensively on responding with a very good second half, finding ways to get the ball to Dickson/Deans (CC still didnt let them have touches close to the basket) and getting Collins involved offensively. Greeneville only turned the ball over once, and it was a steal and score by Buda with 2 minutes left in the game.

I think props are in store for the Cocke County as well for their response in the fourth quarter. With Greeneville performing well on both ends and grabbing a six-point lead, I think the consensus was just hopeful that Cocke County would just keep things close and keep the score indicitative of their effort. Instead they battled back.

Probably the best game in the conference since Lauren Anderson and Greeneville beat Jeff in the tourney @ Cherokee two years ago.

Can't base it on overall record. They (CC) have the best overall record, but they beat Carter and Knox Central twice, while Jeff/Cherokee played the DBs, Science Hills, Farraguts of the world.

But I've heard other, non-Cocke County fans, say the same thing. Personally, I felt like East was probably the second best teams in terms of overall athletic ability. Between Leeper, Swaggerty, Holt and Orrick (who moves very well, quick and fast for her size) I thought they had everyone matched in terms of athletic ability.

The only thing I could find myself that it could even be based on is point spread inside the conference. 10 points made up the difference between three IMAC losses.

That said, the top half of the bracket of the tournament contained what I felt were the three best teams.

Jefferson County had the best start to the conference season, Cocke County came on strong after Xmas break, Morristown East played its best ball at the end of the season (as did Cherokee), and West has won its last two. Cocke County may have lost 3 games by 10 points, but two of them were against Cherokee :) So again, no reason to complain about the draw. Cocke County may have been better at times, but other times they weren't.

Edited by DZbettin

What comments did Crumbley give to Eual :)

By: By EUAL SHELTON/Sports Writer

Source: The Greeneville Sun

02-19-2007

Coach Bill Duncan was asked after the game what was said at half time and his response was “not a lot.”

“I told them they can go back out there and play like they’re capable of playing and win and go back to Hal Henard gym and play the ‘satellite game’ (first game of region) against the number three or four team from Region One, or play like they did the first half and go on the road to probably either Johnson City or Kingsport,” Duncan said.

I guess she doesn't kiss his rear. That would be why I don't buy the Greeneville Sun. They are so pathetic.

Edited by greenevillefan