I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Jeff Co and Greeneville flipped for the number one when they shared the regular season championship two years ago.

Bad memory. I guess.

Another team in our coverage area (Cosby) had a coin flip 2 years ago.

Any procedures for a three or four way tie?

If things fell right, I could see Cocke, Jefferson and East all being tied for 2nd....

I agree.

Of the five newspapers in the area: Newport, Morristown, Jeff City, Rogersville and Greeneville - all do a good job.

I'd like to see a little meat on the stories about Greeneville, but it may be a space issue or something. They have 5 high schools, middle schools, Tusculum, ETSU and they also cover UT Home Games with photos and a column.

Kudos to the guys at the Standard Banner and the Rogersville Review. They may have a tough job in their writing, because by the time their papers are published, the games may have been played several days before.

Well, great timing on the coverage question. Today's CT has no mention, not even a box score of either Cocke County/Jeff County game from Friday night. DZ, PTS, who's responsability is that? The papers's? The coaches?

I understand that there was so much going on Friday night in Morristown, what two basketball games, that they couldn't send a reporter to the game. But they don't get a box score? I find it hard to believe that the Cocke County coaches would be hard to find on Saturday. I undersatnd why Potts or Sinard would not be volunteering information.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Heck, I could be from Rutledge. It has to be a slow news day for Rutledge basketball to get covered.

Well, great timing on the coverage question. Today's CT has no mention, not even a box score of either Cocke County/Jeff County game from Friday night. DZ, PTS, who's responsability is that? The papers's? The coaches?

I understand that there was so much going on Friday night in Morristown, what two basketball games, that they couldn't send a reporter to the game. But they don't get a box score? I find it hard to believe that the Cocke County coaches would be hard to find on Saturday. I undersatnd why Potts or Sinard would not be volunteering information.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Heck, I could be from Rutledge. It has to be a slow news day for Rutledge basketball to get covered.

Anything i can't attend myself then I have to call and get the info. IE middle schools - after every monday and thursday I'll call the other three schools that I couldn't go to the night before. If the coaches dont have their book, or arent available, then there isnt much else I can do. Some are good about emailing it in the night before - Maury boys, Jeff girls (if they win :thumb: ), sometimes both white pine teams, and the Rush Strong boys.

I think the CT just puts in whatever is called in, pretty much like the Sentinel.

I know Sinard does, and probably Potts, calls both the Sentinel and CT after the games. Like you said though, I dont think Sinard was in too good a mood after Friday's game so it might have slipped his mind :thumb:

If I want something in, its my responsibility to get it in.

If the school wants something in, its their responsibility.

So, whats the thoughts on Tuesday's games?

Cocke County @ Greeneville

West @ Jeff

East @ Cherokee

Standings are (With 4 left, for everyone but GHS/EAST)

GHS 5-0

Jeff 4-2

CCHS 3-3

East 2-3

West 2-4

CHS 1-5

Should be two tough to call games between West/Jeff and East/Cherokee. Greeneville should beat Cocke County.

West is on the upswing. Jeff is on the downswing. It'll be interesting.

Depends on which Cherokee team shows up for Coach Price.

Greeneville should beat Cocke County, but we will see. I liked the way Cocke County played against Jeff with some tough defense. Cocke County will need Nikki Bryant to step up in a large way. Depew can hold her own against Dickson/Deans, but Bryant has to have a big game against one of those two.

Figuring that Greeneville and East will win, here are the projected standings with a West win.

Greeneville 6-0

Jeff 4-3

East 3-3

CCHS 3-4

West 3-4

Cherokee 1-6

Standings with the GHS/East/Jeff win

GHS 6-0

Jeff 5-2

East 3-3

CCHS 3-4

West 2-5

CHS 1-6

After Tuesday....Remaining opponents are

Greeneville (5-0): Cherokee, @ West; @ East; @ Cherokee

Jeff (4-2): @ East; Cherokee; Greeneville

Cocke Co (3-3): West; @ East; @ Cherokee

East (2-3): Jeff; Cocke Co; Greeneville; @ West

West (2-4): @ Cocke Co; Greeneville; East

Cherokee (1-5): @ Greeneville; @ Jeff; Cocke Co.

Except for Greeneville - they should run the table - every other team is capable of winning or losing all three of their final three games (or four in the case of East).

That should make for an interesting month ahead with their being not much difference in 2-6. That makes the the second-seed a huge deal, because right now, the 6th place team has already beat the third place team on their home court, so drawing the 3-6 match-up isnt that big of a deal....

I would have to think Jeff, Cocke County and East are still capable of getting the second-seed. That Cherokee upset of Cocke County just looms very large for Everyone (2 through 6) at this point.