LAKE COUNTY WINS

bballchamp

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW LC congrats on the BIG WIN. Didnt see it coming but i commend LC on that one.

Yea i listened to UC/JCS game on the radio and JSC took care of business i guess u could say. UC i beleive had 5 turnovers in which killed them. It seemed every time the had the ball the turned it over except for maybe twice. The score was 28-0 at the half and final was 35-7. They just seemed to not get anything goin. Penalties set them back and killed them also. I would kinda say they just shot themselves in the foot all night long.

Congrats again LC and Mckenzie on the W's and good luck next week.

Congrats to Lake Co. on a BIG win tonight!!!! And congrats to all my buddies over there!!!!!

mrbigster, you smiling yet?? :thumb:McKenzie looked a little sloppy tonight but, still took care of business 48-13.We're gonna have to pick it up again for next Friday against JCS.

I have to admit ..I feel pretty good...Lake Co dominated this game tonight..I got there a little late because I had to take my son to Gosnell Arkansas ans then make the long drive..Lake Co had 3 touchdowns called back in the first half,,,Lake Co trailed 12-6 at the half..Lake Co opened the 3rd quarter and drove the ball down the field to about the 15 yard line and jumped off sides and were facing a 1st and 15 and ended up turning the ball over on a 4th down play..Lake Co had the ball abouut the whole 3rd quarter..In the 4th quarter..Springer scored from about 14 yards out to tie the game and Lake Co lined up to kick the extra point but faked and went for and made the two...With about 5 minutes left ..Fayette was facing a key 3 rd and 8 and the Lake Co coach was trying to call a time out to the sideline official and had to take a couple steps inside the playing field to get his attention..but the official throwed a flag for him being on the field..Fayette gave us 5 yards right back on a penalty and ended up throwing a pass that Springer intercepted..On the next series..Springer hung a ball up to Sep Valentine that he had to wait for and caught the ball at about the 15 yard line and could have tip toed to the endzone but lost his balance...Lake Co had a 4 and about 3 on the 6 yard line and went for the first down and aftera measurement ..was just about 1 inch short of a 1st down from the 3...Fayette got the ball back with about 2 minutes left and from midfield with about a minute left on a 3rd and 9,,the Fayette quarterback just threw a long pass and the Lake Co defender didn't turn around to find the ball and Fayette had the ball on about the 25 yard line,,Fayette ended up on about the 18 yard line and was facing a 4th and 4 adn threw a ball in the corner of the endzone..The officials ruled the pass out of bounds and Lake Co took a knee the last two plays..Great game..but even though the score was 14-12..Lake Co was much quicker and moved the ball at will about all night long!

Edited by mrbigster

I am in shock. I knew we had the talent to take care of business, but tonight is the first time that the Falcons have shown the will to win for four quarters. Sounds like the officiating was questionable at best, but apparently not as bad as last week. I don't know where they get some of these playoff officials from...probably Memphis. Who knows. But regardless...Lake County came out on top. They need to build on this win -- first playoff win since 1996, by the way -- and take care of business at Trinity Christian.

NOTES: The last Falcon playoff win was 1996, a 35-22 win at home over McEwen...Lake County has not lost a second-round playoff game since 1988...All-time in the second round, Lake County is 9-4 (5-1 since expansion to the current 5-round system)...Last time LC won two consecutive playoff games on the road: 1994, when they won at East Robertson, at Wayne Co. and at Bruceton before falling to South Pittsburg in the Clinic Bowl...LC's all time record against Fayette Academy improves to 1-2...Trinity Christian has won both all-time meetings against the Falcons, a 35-6 decision in 2003 and a 22-7 victory in 2004...The win marks the first time Lake County has won as a #4 seed in the playoffs...It also marks the Falcons' first ever postseason win over a current member of Region 8A (0-1 vs. JCS, 1-2 vs. Fayette Academy).