LAKE COUNTY WINS

bballchamp

I am in shock. I knew we had the talent to take care of business, but tonight is the first time that the Falcons have shown the will to win for four quarters. Sounds like the officiating was questionable at best, but apparently not as bad as last week. I don't know where they get some of these playoff officials from...probably Memphis. Who knows. But regardless...Lake County came out on top. They need to build on this win -- first playoff win since 1996, by the way -- and take care of business at Trinity Christian.

NOTES: The last Falcon playoff win was 1996, a 35-22 win at home over McEwen...Lake County has not lost a second-round playoff game since 1988...All-time in the second round, Lake County is 9-4 (5-1 since expansion to the current 5-round system)...Last time LC won two consecutive playoff games on the road: 1994, when they won at East Robertson, at Wayne Co. and at Bruceton before falling to South Pittsburg in the Clinic Bowl...LC's all time record against Fayette Academy improves to 1-2...Trinity Christian has won both all-time meetings against the Falcons, a 35-6 decision in 2003 and a 22-7 victory in 2004...The win marks the first time Lake County has won as a #4 seed in the playoffs...It also marks the Falcons' first ever postseason win over a current member of Region 8A (0-1 vs. JCS, 1-2 vs. Fayette Academy).

<_< Now why does everyone seem so surprised? Hmmmph! I been calling this win all week. Ya'll act like Lake County lucked up or something. And TCA ya'll better circle the wagons, call the national guard, heck go ahead and give your concession speech. Cause Lake County is for real don't you think?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) Now why does everyone seem so surprised? Hmmmph! I been calling this win all week. Ya'll act like Lake County lucked up or something. And TCA ya'll better circle the wagons, call the national guard, heck go ahead and give your concession speech. Cause Lake County is for real don't you think?

Thanks Butchie for the confidence since there has been so little for the falcons. Even the local paper bashes the boys with picking them to lose week after week in the big ones. I heard the fans lined up at the half and met the team coming out in the 3rd and that got the fire burning brighter. Also after the game the LC bleachers emptied onto the field. Wish I could have been there. Next week at TCA it will be on and I will have a ring side seat. Until we meet again, good luck McKenzie and Go Big Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...Lake County you shouldn't be to proud the way you acted on the field. I would be so embarressed acting like you did after the game. Doing snow angels and the worm in the middle of the field. Tearing up the field with your cleats. I mean yeah you won, but show some class while doing it. Go Celebrate on the sidelines, don't rub it in the faces of all those players who fought for it and not on their own field. That just showed unsportsman like conduct.

Well...Lake County you shouldn't be to proud the way you acted on the field. I would be so embarressed acting like you did after the game. Doing snow angels and the worm in the middle of the field. Tearing up the field with your cleats. I mean yeah you won, but show some class while doing it. Go Celebrate on the sidelines, don't rub it in the faces of all those players who fought for it and not on their own field. That just showed unsportsman like conduct.

Vols fan..These are all good kids..They've lost the past two years to this same school and were just being kids...I didn't see the worm but I left..As far as tearing up the field..I don't know what they could have done with their cleats other than what both teams did the whole game...Fayette has a great program and we've been there the past two years..These kids have been having the pressure of having all this talent and not being able to win a big game..other than the teams that we thought they would beat..Last night..Lake Co finally showed the talent that we all thought they had..I don't believe they were in any way intentionally trying to not show good sportmanship!They had all kinds of calls go against them last night again,and I believe they were just being a bunch of happy players celebrating a big win over a great quality team..Had I stayed..I may have done the worm myself..if I knew how!

Edited by mrbigster

Well I am so proud of you guys...I wish I could have been there and I would have been had I not been on my way to Knoxville..Maybe Tennessee will win too and that will just make the weekend right there...Anyway everyone is so proud of ya'll and we all knew that ya'll could do it...Finally won the big one!! Good luck next week and I will be right there at kick-off!!

Congrats to the Lake County football team and I would like to personally say congrats to Coach Barger. You have worked hard and now that hard work is finally paying off. I know that this is the team that has been the achilles heel for a while and you finally got it done. Now take it a step farther, get the team back to earth and realize that the chance to go farther is there. From one coach to another, I respect the job that you have done.

The celebration that the kids had last night had nothing to do with being un sportsmanlike. It was pure unadulterated joy. Much has been expected of the seniors on this team since the outstanding season that they had as 8th graders. They had just beaten a team that had ended their season for last two years. A team that had soundly beaten them last year. Not counting past years disappointing losses but this year alone they have had three disappointing heartbreaking losses. An overtime 3 point loss to Union City. A down to the wire 2 point loss to Bruceton and a loss to an outstanding team known as the Mckenzie Rebels after an early lead of 14-0. We have been saying we can't seem to win the BIG ONE. Well last night these promising 8th grade football players all the other kids on that team won the BIG ONE..So after years of frustration I think it is unrealistic of you sir or madam to expect those kids to after that WIN to just line up and shake hands and calmly walk off the field like that WIN was business as usual. Uh, not going to happen. Not possible. That emotion had to be released. That was jubilation. They will remember that WIN the rest of their lives. No sir or No madam nothing unsportsmanlike about that celebration. After last weeks loss I was disappointed and down like I always am after a Falcon loss. My fellow Falcon fan falconfever told me to stay home since I was a doubter. Of course that was NOT going to happen. A Rebel fan, affectionately known as Butchie and a Falcon supporter unless we happen to be playing the Rebels basically told me to stink it up and don't give up. Of course I would eventually do that anyway before the next Friday night, I always have since 1969. I didn't take your advice and STAY HOME falconfever and I never will. I like college sports and professional sports that but I love highschool sports. Only a Falcon loss gets me momentarily depressed. Not a pro game or a college game. On this stage they play for the love of the game. Not for scholarships so much and not for the big money. No big win gives me more joy and no big loss gives me more sadness when the Falcons are involved. Guess what? I'm feeling pretty good this morning........GO BIG GREEN!!!!

Lake Co acted fine on the field. They had every right to celebrate their victory. Nobody did anything wrong. The field was torn up by both teams. Nobody from LC got on here last year when Fayette Academy put 53 on the scoreboard against LC last year with their starters playing the entire game even after the game was clearly over saying that FA showed bad sportmanship. FA lost to the better team deal with it.

It's one thing to celebrate, but it's another to do it the way you did. WE did not dig up the field after the game. It wasn't just the players it was the parents and the coaches too acting inappropriately. I saw obsene jestures and everything else. It's one thing to celebrate it's another thing to do it the way you did. I'm not being a sore loser by any means I'm just letting you know I would be embarressed if WE had acted like you did.

At first you only mentioned the celebration, now you come up with other allegations to support your story. I attempted to explain the celebration in my reply. But now you say there were obscene gestures. I was at the game and I saw the celebration but I didn't see any obscene gestures. If there were some and I do mean if then I apologize for that because that would not be appropiate but celebrating is entirely appropiate in that situation. Now that is all I have to say about that. I will be moving on and I suggest that you do the same. It is in the past. Have a good day and root for the Vols today, I will be.