Morristown East @ Sullivan South

canefan72

OK...well here goes. First off, congratulations to M East for a great win. Also, you exibited exemplary sportsmanship on the field just as your fans have on this thread. On bended knee, helmets off, heads bowed...some coach taught you some respect when it comes to an injury. First I will give you South's rundown. Worst defense in 10 weeks. Worst performance by our WR's all year. Dropped balls left and right. The only thing we did right was pass block (not too hard when they are only sending 3 people) and Hunter Beadle was opening great holes on the left side. Fletcher had a few good runs off Beadle but Stacy decided to abandon the run. Curt had plenty of time but all 4 WR's were double teamed. No adjustments at all. The running game was working but as soon as we got in the red zone...back to the gun. Bottom line: The seniors thought they had this one in the bag...not. And now M East. They blazed South. They came prepared. Best preparation I have seen. My hat is off to their coach. Class act. They covered every facet of the passing game. Their skill players have those un-coachable traits...intuition, 6th sense...instinct. Basically, they held football camp and we attended. Mental rediness can do gigantic things. Good luck Hurricanes.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, M East. You guys came with a great game plan and executed it with near perfection. Very well disciplined and got the most out of your players. You put South on the ropes early with the opening run back for a near touchdown which turned into a quick score, followed by interceptions of two deflected passes which made it 21 zip in a hurry. Great ball control offense and a bend and hard to break defense. South never was able to stop you combination of speed and power. South's tackling effort has been much better, but then that has a bit to do with who you're trying to bring down.

Hats off to an extremely well coached team and some seniors who got some avenge their season ending losses to South the last two years. Well done.

Great season, South. You played all season with the class and heart tought by a great coaching staff.

Ugg I know it is late (working late this evening my friends) and I would just like to hear the take from South is. Last week, South just was WAY stronger than my Boone boys. This week, do you think South just played a poor game, or is East more underrated that they were given credit?

Just discussion, from what I hear, these two teams have had a heck of a season, and even though South is going home they have nothing to be ashamed of this season. I'm glad one team in Kingsport admits defeat and doesn't make excuses (that is you South).

Ugg I know it is late (working late this evening my friends) and I would just like to hear the take from South is. Last week, South just was WAY stronger than my Boone boys. This week, do you think South just played a poor game, or is East more underrated that they were given credit?

Just discussion, from what I hear, these two teams have had a heck of a season, and even though South is going home they have nothing to be ashamed of this season. I'm glad one team in Kingsport admits defeat and doesn't make excuses (that is you South).

We played M East like you played us last week. Not to take anything away from M East because they were solid. But we did not show up. Not to mention the fact that we were out coached (hey, it happens). When my son told me that they (M East) could not hang with them (South) I knew they were in trouble. Just goes to show how quickly the tables turn. I have to think that this was the best M East has played all season. Just as I have to think that the Boone/South game was the worst you have played all season. We scrimmaged M West last spring and wasted them through the airwaves. We were looking past M East so sure we were going farther. M East will have no respect for us because they have no idea how good we can be. So we will put it together for next year. I can't say enough about their coach though. Next year we have all the skill positions with depth but we will struggle with the line.

We played M East like you played us last week. Not to take anything away from M East because they were solid. But we did not show up. Not to mention the fact that we were out coached (hey, it happens). When my son told me that they (M East) could not hang with them (South) I knew they were in trouble. Just goes to show how quickly the tables turn. I have to think that this was the best M East has played all season. Just as I have to think that the Boone/South game was the worst you have played all season. We scrimmaged M West last spring and wasted them through the airwaves. We were looking past M East so sure we were going farther. M East will have no respect for us because they have no idea how good we can be. So we will put it together for next year. I can't say enough about their coach though. Next year we have all the skill positions with depth but we will struggle with the line.

I'll admit, I underrated East this year, and that was a mistake on my part. East is getting back to their old ways, which should prove to be very interesting in region 2.

Hey, it happens, sometimes teams don't show up, and it stinks to say that kids are kids and this is how they act. Hopefully they'll learn from this and be stronger next year. Line was.........South should stink it up and stop spending so much time with that backfield in the offense. It is solid, it is fine. Time to get on the line coaches butt, which in turn will have him all over his linemen. A weak South line is embarrassing in my opinion, I expect more out of South than that.

Congratulations to both teams on a great season and congratulations to East on the win.

I think the main difference in this game was "Speed". East utilized their speed and played it to their advantage. A bad couple of breaks for South on the batted balls that were picked off but the defense could not stop East. A dominating performance to say the least. I was a neutral observer tonight but this game was over early. I think it could have been worse but East tried to eat the clock in the 2nd half and the South defense was finally able to stop a drive and give them an outside chance to win. I do not understand why South abandoned the run in the red zone on the first drive of the 2nd half. They marched down the field on their best drive of the night on the ground and then went to the air and got stopped on downs. Then East consumed most of the 3rd quarter driving to the South red zone on the ground. From there the clock was forcing the passing game for South. I left with about 5 minutes to play and East was pinned to their own goal line leading 35-14 so I did not see the final score for South.

Good luck to East against West. You will need it. I for one would like to see you guys beat West, I like the underdog in most games. Good luck again.

Congrats, M East. You guys came with a great game plan and executed it with near perfection. Very well disciplined and got the most out of your players. You put South on the ropes early with the opening run back for a near touchdown which turned into a quick score, followed by interceptions of two deflected passes which made it 21 zip in a hurry. Great ball control offense and a bend and hard to break defense. South never was able to stop you combination of speed and power. South's tackling effort has been much better, but then that has a bit to do with who you're trying to bring down.

Hats off to an extremely well coached team and some seniors who got some avenge their season ending losses to South the last two years. Well done.

Great season, South. You played all season with the class and heart tought by a great coaching staff.

We'll said James. I was hoping to get in before all the hating started. East just beat us, enough said. They had a good plan and worked it to perfection. Our program is still developing... both players and coaches. Best pass coverage I've seen in a long while. Best of luck to East.

:thumb:

South beat Boone, no problem. Blazers could of played there best game and the score would still remain the same, with South jus playing better. As for this game, Rebels will come out on top again. The Canes' dont have what it takes to compete with the top 2 teams from the MLC, I dont care how much "speed" they have. South will win big again and im going to go ahead and make my prediction...Rebels-35, East-17

B)

Hey, at least the score last friday was closer than tonights. :thumb:

C-Man, pretty good analysis. I really think the main factor in this was emotional preparation prior to the game. The previous two big playoff wins made SSHS a bit complacent while MEHS used that as a motivator. Also, MEHS did a very good job (from what I am told) of defensive schemes to avoid long pass plays. Of course, no one could count on the two interceptions which led to TD's.

Based on what I know and have heard, I think ME is playing much better than MW and will win by at least a TD next week. Upset Special!