Rhea County vs. Maryville

EaglePride1

Sure I know Brainerd is no Rhea Co. But Rhea Co just barly beat a injury ridden Knox Central team for a slim 20-18 victory. Maryville beat a stronger Central team on September 29 by the score of 41-17.

We will be ready.

The only player that was out due to injury was Josh Owens, the starting middle linebacker and fullback. All the other players were back and seemed 100 percent. Correct me if I'm wrong...

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only player that was out due to injury was Josh Owens, the starting middle linebacker and fullback. All the other players were back and seemed 100 percent. Correct me if I'm wrong...

No Central had a bad injury year. For this game they were missing a few difference makers. From the Knotz News Prepextra section "The Bobcats entered the game handicapped. McMillan didn’t start and his replacement, sophomore Courtland Styles, was knocked from the game with a concussion and was taken by ambulance to UT Medical Center. Their starting tailback, Jamie Wilson, remained on the sideline for the fourth consecutive week with a sprained ankle; linebacker Josh Owens, their defensive anchor, couldn’t go because of an injury, and both of their placement holders were out with broken arms".

Therefore Rhea beat, buy two extra points, an injured Central team. But a win is a win and during the play offs Coach Fitzgerald had it right "It really was survival in the second half". Survive and move on.

Both these teams will have to play 4 qtrs I think.

MOWest beat Maryville in the 2003 playoffs because their defensive line whipped Maryville's offensive line very bad. That motivated the offensive line for the 2004 season. All those starters were juniors in 2003. In 2004 the offensive line dominated. Besides the Melrose teams Maryville played the last 2 years. MOWest had the best defense a George Quarles coached Maryville team seen.

Maryville rushed for only 60 yds that MOWest game. That MOWest team wasn't only talented on defense. They were well coached.

Maryville overachieved big time in 2003. They started 2 kids who weighed 175lbs at defensive tackle in Adam Parnell and Adam Cable. They were tough kids but over matched physically. I remember a 160lbs middle linebacker in Larry Hannon.

MOWest lost to Hillsboro in the title game. Hillsboro would have wore Maryville out that year. Hillsboro was very physical that year.

MOWest beat Maryville in the 2003 playoffs because their defensive line whipped Maryville's offensive line very bad. That motivated the offensive line for the 2004 season. All those starters were juniors in 2003. In 2004 the offensive line dominated. Besides the Melrose teams Maryville played the last 2 years. MOWest had the best defense a George Quarles coached Maryville team seen.

Maryville rushed for only 60 yds that MOWest game. That MOWest team wasn't only talented on defense. They were well coached.

Maryville overachieved big time in 2003. They started 2 kids who weighed 175lbs at defensive tackle in Adam Parnell and Adam Cable. They were tough kids but over matched physically. I remember a 160lbs middle linebacker in Larry Hannon.

MOWest lost to Hillsboro in the title game. Hillsboro would have wore Maryville out that year. Hillsboro was very physical that year.

Well between the two of us Ron there are two cries of "uncle". Hopefully that is enough to satisfy mikey.

Quick STARSNBARS Mairvul cullynarry update fer Ray Countee folks:

Best beans and cornbread - Kathy's Deli and Dubbs (tie) I like Kathy's sweet tea better and her onions are hotter, butt Dubb's keeps thair buttermilk a little cooler

Best Mexican - Los Amigos (REBELRON is struck on the little senorita over thair and spills gwakomoley dipp on hisself whenst she walks by) and El Jimmydoor's at Brown's Creek

Best fancy food - Aubrey's and Sullivan's, butt I don't go thair much, they don't like the garbige/recrutin truk parked out front and thair prices iz higher than a cat's back

Best ole fish house - Sea Captains House (REBELRON and Insider wear this place out)

Best atmosfear - The Frogg (recomended by all the cab drivers in town) and MLREB's and Rebelsman's favorite....Par-T-Pub

Best burger - Aubrey's and Sullivan's

Best yardbird - Frankie's Chik-fil-A, Fridee's Cajun Chicken Sammich, and Aubrey's Lemmon Lime Chicken

Best Bar-B-Q - Buddy's (used to be Lowell's Place befour the knifin and then thay got shutdown)

Best rabbit food (sallid) - Roobie Tuesdee and Gondoleer Greek sallid

Best biskits and gravy - Gracie's and 5 Point (tie)

P.S. I heered a roomer that Tim left Ray Countee because thay were gettin' to "uppity" down thair.

Edited by STARSNBARS

No Central had a bad injury year. For this game they were missing a few difference makers. From the Knotz News Prepextra section "The Bobcats entered the game handicapped. McMillan didn’t start and his replacement, sophomore Courtland Styles, was knocked from the game with a concussion and was taken by ambulance to UT Medical Center. Their starting tailback, Jamie Wilson, remained on the sideline for the fourth consecutive week with a sprained ankle; linebacker Josh Owens, their defensive anchor, couldn’t go because of an injury, and both of their placement holders were out with broken arms".

Therefore Rhea beat, buy two extra points, an injured Central team. But a win is a win and during the play offs Coach Fitzgerald had it right "It really was survival in the second half". Survive and move on.

Both these teams will have to play 4 qtrs I think.

I agree

I can't wait til Friday. Gonna be a good game. And as my earlier post about the fan support was meant to humorous. I know how the fan support is a MHS and am glad to see it. I wish all schools had the support of the community like MHS and RCHS but I can guarentee RCHS will bring more than you've seen all year! I read all the previous posts and all the arguing and I tell ya what if I had won like Maryville has the last 6 or 7 years I would be the cockiest poster on here. I bleed green and gold but credit is due. I believe RCHS has just as good of athletes as anyone in the state but what you do with it is another matter. We will play our guts out friday night I'm sure I just hope we put our boys in the positon to win. We were out coached last week by Central thats why we were lucky to get out with the win. Central coaches made the right changes at half and we never responded to those changes AGAIN. But thats for another day. Cleveland and Red Bank are and were overrated this year and I believe RB will struggle with West. I hope not cause I want another shot. Only way that happens is of course take down the Beast. Well either way good luck to both and see ya Friday.

My son was the NT for MWest in that game so I appreciate the above RR. Somewhat ironic he ended up living on the Maryville campus and becoming a Fighting Scot a couple of years later! I can tell you this game is still a topic of discussion there!! LOL!!!

Anyway, I hope MWest and Maryville get the opportunity to play this year!

Good Luck to both! BTW, Aubreys