Region 1-A vs. 2-A

goosevol

I think a lot of us felt this is how the three games would turn out.

I had a feeling Harriman would come out and play well tonight. They learned their lesson from overlooking a playoff opponent. I didn't think they'd be up 27-0 at halftime though.

I was never sure about the Midway/Cosby game. The closer the game got the more I started believing Cosby could win. Espeically after last week's performance by Midway at G-P. I knew going in that Midway would try to pound the ball with Ray and I heard he had nearly 200 yards.

Coalfield and Hampton weren't really surprising.

What about this week? Sounds like we have two good games on tap.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did Sunbrite play in round 1?

After the showing against Midway I don't think I would get on here making to many snide comments. I mean after all that big ole 9-1 team, 2nd in your region got obliterated by the 3rd place team in region 2, and Sunbright dominated you all in spring scrimmage, remember, he who laughs last, laughs loudest. And before we get into the bowl game, according to the Sonny Moore computer rankings, MTCS is ranked higher than 8 of Cosby's opponents this year, and guess what........... Sunbright is ranked HIGHER than Cosby!!! That means 5 teams in Region 2 is ranked higher than Cosby. All 5 losses Sunbright had this year were to playoff teams, and three of those are advancing to round 2. WHH gave Collinwood quite a scare, and it was almost 4, so Sunbright held their own and has nothing to ashamed of.

Just in case you want to check it out I have included a link for your convenience. http://members.aol.com/powerrater/h-s-foot.htm

I apologize to any players or coaches from Cosby that I may offend as I don't like to talk negatively about any team. I like to give my opinion and state my view without doing that, but it seems some feel they must run down a bunch of kids to make their point. If your problem is with a fan from a certain team it still should not give you the right to downgrade the players on that team. All these kids deserve respect and should be acknowledged for their accomplishments, not humiliated. I am sure it upset most every Cosby fan every time somebody talked about their "weak" schedule or "they are over-rated." So I hope you can understand my point. I think Cosby and Sunbright both have a reason to be proud and I want to congratulate both teams on a great year. I'm sure it didn't end the way either team would have liked, but keep up the hard work and your turn will come.

These 4 games went just as I thought they would. Coalfield and Harriman won by as much as they wanted to. I thought Midway would win rather easily over the mighty Cosby Eagles. I also thought that Hampton would struggle somewhat. The Hampton was relatively close. I said it before, people in region 1 (other than Hampton) just don't realize how good region 2 is. I also said that Hampton would be the only team that would even make the playoffs in region 2. After I said it, Unaka and Cosby people tried to tell me otherwise. Well, now they know...

Sunbright wasin the hunt the whole season for a play-off spot and competed strong. I expect to see them and Greenback back up in to the play off :thumb: picture real quick.

As for the Cloudland coach going to Hampton and making a difference, maybe it was the cloudland coach following where the tallent was at because he knew what was coming.

Sunbright will be losing 10 senior starters so they will be in serious rebuilding the next couple years. They do have some pretty good talent coming up in Jr. High that should develope pretty nicely. But next year is going to be a serious down year for the Tigers.