Smith County @Boyd Buchanan

rkw38

I had to go over to the Gordansvile-Friendless board to get a bit of smack, everything on this board has been sooooooooooo nice!!!...

So...King...where YOU gonna be eating Friday night???

I guess where ever mom and dad decide. lol. Yea, I believe I'm prolly riding with the parents to this one, not to many friends making the trip. Definitly not driving anyways. I'd kinda like some wings where ever I go. Hooters or Toots, have some of the best I think!

Whats wrong with talking about food? I would like to go watch the Trousdale/Temple game, CBHS/McCallie, or the Smith/Boyd game....Boyd would be the shortest drive and much better food selection...

Nothing wrong with food talk, I was just makin a joke, as well as stating the obvious.

Edited by Z King of D Swing

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess where ever mom and dad decide. lol. Yea, I believe I'm prolly riding with the parents to this one. Definitly not driving anyways. I'd kinda like some wings where ever I go. Hooters or Toots, have some of the best I think!

Nothing wrong with food talk, I was just makin a joke, as well as stating the obvious.

They have a Hooters not far from Boyd, about 5 minutes.....If your lookin for wings they have the best ever.....Everybody loves some good food before a good ball game....

I guess where ever mom and dad decide. lol. Yea, I believe I'm prolly riding with the parents to this one, not to many friends making the trip. Definitly not driving anyways. I'd kinda like some wings where ever I go. Hooters or Toots, have some of the best I think!

Making the parents pay for the ride AND dinner...I was wondering where Tez learned those skills!!!

I marked the games played at Boyd with **. I'm not 100% certain about the '96, '98, & '99 games, nor the 2000 CPA game. If I'm right, and we add the Upperman game to this, that's 20. So, the Smith Co. game will be #21.

If Baldcoach is reading this, I bet he can verify the games.

The 1999 Oneida win was at Oneida, not at BBS. That was the game in which Brett Beckham intercepted an Oneida pass inside the 20 yard line in the last minute or so of play to preserve the victory for the Bucs. Jon-David Blair had been hurt on the previous Sunday night at basketball tryouts (rolled an ankle) and Derek Lusk and Will Healy (as a freshman) played a lot at QB for the Bucs. Allen Dunn had about 20 tackles and played one of the best games of his career. I remember that one for sure.

The BGA loss in 1996 is memorable because BGA won the state title that season behind the most prolific rusher in TSSAA history, Troy Fleming. Wasthat game played at BBS? Didn't we scrimmage them pre-season that year or maybe pre-season the next year? (Old age is a bad thing.)