Smith County @Boyd Buchanan

rkw38

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Smith County has a lot of offensive weapons. Even more impressive to me is that the highest points scored on them this season was 23 by Knox Catholic. Later in the season Catholic beat Fulton by 2 TDs, which is approx the same spread as Catholic beat SC. Could we then say that SC is the equivalent of Fulton?

I watched last years game last night. It was a great game. I saw NO weakness in SC last year and they have a lot of returning starters. BUCS, you better be working hard this week!!!

Edited by BUC4LIFE

I know Smith County has a lot of offensive weapons. Even more impressive to me is that the highest points scored on them this season was 23 by Knox Catholic. Later in the season Catholic beat Fulton by 2 TDs, which is approx the same spread as Catholic beat SC. Could we then say that SC is the equivalent of Fulton?

I watched last years game last night. It was a great game. I saw NO weakness in SC last year and they have a lot of returning starters. BUCS, you better be working hard this week!!!

They lost alot of offensive and defensive lineman and linebackers from last year. As good as SC's defense is this year, they could have been arguably better last. Evans has definitely improved from last year to this year imo. This game should be a good one. Yes, alot of offensive weapons, as does Boyd I am sure.

The 1999 Oneida win was at Oneida, not at BBS. That was the game in which Brett Beckham intercepted an Oneida pass inside the 20 yard line in the last minute or so of play to preserve the victory for the Bucs. Jon-David Blair had been hurt on the previous Sunday night at basketball tryouts (rolled an ankle) and Derek Lusk and Will Healy (as a freshman) played a lot at QB for the Bucs. Allen Dunn had about 20 tackles and played one of the best games of his career. I remember that one for sure.

The BGA loss in 1996 is memorable because BGA won the state title that season behind the most prolific rusher in TSSAA history, Troy Fleming. Wasthat game played at BBS? Didn't we scrimmage them pre-season that year or maybe pre-season the next year? (Old age is a bad thing.)

Your right Steve, the last playoff game lost at home was in 96 to BGA and we did scrimmage the following year. Maybe your not as old as you think.

McCord gets an MRI on Wednesday. Doesn't look good. SC is first class, hope we can hang with them this year. That QB we had last year sure was quick, not sure where he got all his athletic ability. :D:thumb: P.S. my dog misses you.

Well, at least McCord is a Jr. and gets another year to play. Man, he is fast and fearless.

That QB last year had to get his speed from his mama, as his daddy still has a little of his (very little.) I think he'll be on the road with his team and will miss this one, unfortunatley. Daddy will have to cheer his alma mater on for him.

Your dog misses my lunch leftovers, not me!

Safe travel to our folks coming down from Al Gore's part of the state. I hope y'all have no injuries and lose by 1 !

I suggested on Trousdale's thread that the two teams caravan down to Chattanooga together and have a VICTORY TRAIN on the ride home...

GO OWLS!!!

QueenBee, I beleive there is a bus or two leaving from Citizens Bank in Hartsville around noon or earlier. Maybe the going down caravans will see each other heading out East. Most likely roll into the Nooga toghether..