Smith County @Boyd Buchanan

rkw38

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what kind of crowd you will bring.

The concession stand is open and has many good choices. Black angus beef burgers, BBQ, Brautworst, hot dogs, cotten candy, peanuts, hot chocolette, coffee etc etc. Come early and eat at the concession stand would be my advice. I hope you have a safe trip down and enjoy the game.

Queen Bee, if I am not mistaken, which I often am, don't you run the concessions for Smith County games. I think I remember something about that. If that is so I would like to meet you and introduce you to James Gilbert, who is in charge of ours. Maybe you two can share some ideas that will help both programs.

I'll be bringing fans from New York and Ohio...they gotta see the OWLS play...

Bucs...I'll be glad to meet you and Mr. Gilbert...I'm always looking for things that are quick, easy and good to sell at the concession stand...See you at the game...How will I know you???

I send my prayers and good wishes to the family of the little girl ya'll lost...nothing sadder than the loss of a child...

So an unofficial 21 game winning streak in the play offs at home? I didn't get to Boyd to 98 so i don't know about the games before then. I can only check the ones from 98 to present.

Maybe Buc4life can help confirm.

Boyd-Buchanan

A Coalfield W 10-7 Early Round

A BGA L 21-7 Early Round

A Cloudland W 38-22 Early Round

A Oneida W 28-20 Early Round

A South Pittsburg L 34-10 Quarterfinal

A Greenback W 24-14 Early Round

A Oneida W 14-10 Early Round

A South Pittsburg L 35-21 Quarterfinal

A Midway W 40-8 Early Round

A Copper Basin W 50-20 Early Round

A Charleston W 35-0 Quarterfinal

A Christ Pres. Academy L 41-12 Semifinal

A Watertown W 56-13 Early Round

A Gordonsville L 39-29 Early Round

A Watertown W 55-18 Early Round

A Friendship Christian W 38-0 Early Round

A Gordonsville W 34-6 Quarterfinal

A Cloudland W 39-8 Semifinal

A Christ Pres. Academy L 26-20 Finals

A Clay County W 47-6 Early Round

A Friendship Christian W 49-20 Early Round

A South Pittsburg W 20-7 Quarterfinal

A CAK W 37-6 Semifinal

A DCA W 26-3 Finals

A Watertown W 42-7 Early Round

A Whitwell W 41-8 Early Round

A Friendship Christian W 49-21 Quarterfinal

A Coalfield W 38-13 Semifinal

A DCA L 31-24 Finals

AA York Institute W 38-6 Early Round

AA Smith County W 28-21 Early Round

AA Tyner L 49-15 Quarterfinal

Sorry guys, I don't know which games we were home or away, but I found this on the TSSAA web site.

Us SC fans are sorry for the loss of the young ones life as well. That's really a tragedy.

I look forward to this match-up. I expect one of those ole fashioned slobber knocker games decided by a couple of big plays. I think SC's fans should fill up the visiting bleachers. SC fans are fickle though. Is the band going? If the band goes, it should be filled up.

Everyone knows you put us out of the playoffs last year at our place. We hope we can return the favor. One at a Time OWLS

If I remember, you know the Woodards. I think they will be there Friday night. Lil Henry is playing in college now for Hardin Simmons. He scored a TD his first game! Hope you have a safe trip down, but we're sure not looking for any favors. :thumb::(

Usually food is available @ the concession stand from 6:30 on (might want to check closer to gameday to be sure.) While the food at BBS is great and the proceeds help the school I think that the unanamous quick, inexpensive favorite place to eat is (drumroll please) AMIGO"S Mexican Resteraunt!! Buc4- I'm so disappointed in you! You eat there what, 6-8 times a week? Great food, fast if you get there early and dirt cheap! It is in the Brainerd Village shopping area (across the creek behind Hooters) which puts it 3 minutes from the school. Stealth parking: If you get there close to game time, try the Kangaroo Quick-Mart side lot at the corner of N.Moore and Shallowford Rd. Its at the end of the levee and about a 5-8 minute walk through the neighborhood (which is behind the store) to the school.

SC fans- @ last years' game I was so impressed with your players and families. After the "spirited" trash-talk on these boards and a hard fought game (and a season-ending loss) each and every SC player or parent I talked to was polite, friendly and praised our team and wished them well. You let me know if any of our kids or fans are anything less (off the field)to you as our guests this year.

Having not seen SC play this year (my boy graduated last year, but I love to watch many of my friends kids play) what do we expect? Still throw the ball a bit? Great running game? Special teams? I was impressed last year with how well ya'll threw the ball.

Btw- has anyone heard how McCord is? His knee didn't look too good Friday night.

McCord gets an MRI on Wednesday. Doesn't look good. SC is first class, hope we can hang with them this year. That QB we had last year sure was quick, not sure where he got all his athletic ability. :thumb::( P.S. my dog misses you.

Edited by BUC4LIFE

Boyd-Buchanan

** Coalfield W 10-7 Early Round

BGA L 21-7 Early Round

Cloudland W 38-22 Early Round

** Oneida W 28-20 Early Round

South Pittsburg L 34-10 Quarterfinal

**Greenback W 24-14 Early Round

**Oneida W 14-10 Early Round

South Pittsburg L 35-21 Quarterfinal

**Midway W 40-8 Early Round

**Copper Basin W 50-20 Early Round

**Charleston W 35-0 Quarterfinal

Christ Pres. Academy L 41-12 Semifinal

**Watertown W 56-13 Early Round

Gordonsville L 39-29 Early Round

**Watertown W 55-18 Early Round

**Friendship Christian W 38-0 Early Round

**Gordonsville W 34-6 Quarterfinal

**Cloudland W 39-8 Semifinal

Christ Pres. Academy L 26-20 Finals

** Clay County W 47-6 Early Round

** Friendship Christian W 49-20 Early Round

** South Pittsburg W 20-7 Quarterfinal

CAK W 37-6 Semifinal

DCA W 26-3 Finals

** Watertown W 42-7 Early Round

** Whitwell W 41-8 Early Round

Friendship Christian W 49-21 Quarterfinal

**Coalfield W 38-13 Semifinal

DCA L 31-24 Finals

**York Institute W 38-6 Early Round

Smith County W 28-21 Early Round

Tyner L 49-15 Quarterfinal

Sorry guys, I don't know which games we were home or away, but I found this on the TSSAA web site.

I marked the games played at Boyd with **. I'm not 100% certain about the '96, '98, & '99 games, nor the 2000 CPA game. If I'm right, and we add the Upperman game to this, that's 20. So, the Smith Co. game will be #21.

If Baldcoach is reading this, I bet he can verify the games.

I marked the games played at Boyd with **. I'm not 100% certain about the '96, '98, & '99 games, nor the 2000 CPA game. If I'm right, and we add the Upperman game to this, that's 20. So, the Smith Co. game will be #21.

2000 CPA game was at CPA.

It was a monsoon. I got a ride up ther ewith a friend, and watched us get destroyed. haha. Worst whippin i have ever seen us get. That team was loaded at CPA.

I'll be bringing fans from New York and Ohio...they gotta see the OWLS play...

Bucs...I'll be glad to meet you and Mr. Gilbert...I'm always looking for things that are quick, easy and good to sell at the concession stand...See you at the game...How will I know you???

I send my prayers and good wishes to the family of the little girl ya'll lost...nothing sadder than the loss of a child...

QueenBee, just come to the concession stand and ask for James Gilbert. He is the guy in charge of it. I've heard you do a great job and we would love to get any advice you might have. I will tell him the Queen of SC is coming. We can probably even get you fixed up with a souvenier cup. I'll tell James to grab me when you come, I look forward to meeting you and your guest.

Yes, Baldcoach knows everything. If I'm not mistaken I think BGA in 1996 was the last time we lost a home playoff game. But I must admit that this makes me nervous to talk about. Remember all the talk about Tyner having a 40 something game Region winning streek until this year.

Yes, Baldcoach knows everything. If I'm not mistaken I think BGA in 1996 was the last time we lost a home playoff game. But I must admit that this makes me nervous to talk about. Remember all the talk about Tyner having a 40 something game Region winning streek until this year.

I was just about to be married when the '96 season was wrapping-up...my memory of football games that year is understandably clouded! I thought that CPA game was the monsoon game. I have no excuse for loss of memory in 2000.

A streak doesn't make a difference in either direction come game time...it's just color commentary.