Smith County @Boyd Buchanan

rkw38

Since I finally have some time (gf has kept me away from the T this weekend) I would like to welcome the Smith Co. fans to the Swamp. Should be a fun week to talk football like last year. You might be my favorite fan base on the site to talk to. Anyways should be a great game like last years was on Friday night. Later in the week im sure me, or othe rBoyd fans can give you parking tips if you plan on bringing a big crowd down. This past week was not that crowded so it was very easy to park. Everyone healthy on the team?

This is about as healthy as Boyd has been in 2 years. Only 1 starter out that im aware of with injury.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because surrounding the field is a swamp. The story in a nut shell. A levy was built for some reason, beavers made dams, clogged up draining. city never fixed it. Swamp behind the visitor bleachers.

I wished I could make a trip down to visit the swamp I enjoy visiting good football teams stadiums because they usually have awesome atomsphere. Good luck Owls one game at a time.

Since I finally have some time (gf has kept me away from the T this weekend) I would like to welcome the Smith Co. fans to the Swamp. Should be a fun week to talk football like last year. You might be my favorite fan base on the site to talk to. Anyways should be a great game like last years was on Friday night. Later in the week im sure me, or othe rBoyd fans can give you parking tips if you plan on bringing a big crowd down. This past week was not that crowded so it was very easy to park. Everyone healthy on the team?

This is about as healthy as Boyd has been in 2 years. Only 1 starter out that im aware of with injury.

Thanks for the welcome reaction. I look forward to another good hard hitting game between these teams. It will be tough to win in the "swamp". I'm coming down early Friday afternoon. What time will the tailgating start?

We lost our 6'5" 300 pound lineman in the Westmoland game. Other than that...I think everyone else is reasonably healthy.

Parking tips would be much appreciated. I'm looking forward to visiting the swamp.

I really don't know what kind of crowd we will bring. I would think a pretty good one.

Our crowd at the last two games at home have been much less than usual.

Me and OriginalSC3 is coming down together and fairly early. Any good tips on some nice places to eat and spend 2 or 3 hours? :angry: Oh and by the way sorry we don't agree on everything. B) Can't please everybody!!!! :angry:

Me and OriginalSC3 is coming down together and fairly early. Any good tips on some nice places to eat and spend 2 or 3 hours? :unsure: Oh and by the way sorry we don't agree on everything. ;) Can't please everybody!!!! :D

I'm telling ya...Sticky Fingers...great rib joint....if you go to their website and sign up for the sticke club...they'll send you a coupon for a free appetizer...it's right downtown...near the aquarium...I love Chattanoogaaaaaaaaaaaa...

I'm telling ya...Sticky Fingers...great rib joint....if you go to their website and sign up for the sticke club...they'll send you a coupon for a free appetizer...it's right downtown...near the aquarium...I love Chattanoogaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Been there Honey!!! We kinda want somthing near the stadium.

Sticky Fingers is a good choice...there's also one out by Hamilton Place Mall. I recommend the dry ribs & the sticky skins. Downtown is a good place to spend a few hours. Walk around the aquarium area and then up the 2nd street steps to the Walnut St. pedestrian bridge that spans the river to Coolidge Park. If there's a good IMAX film on, that's a good way to spend about an hour.

Not too much near the school worthy of suggesting...for food or time killing. Golly Whoppers & Firehouse Subs, both on East Brainerd Rd., are two places not too far from the school. Good sandwiches.

Edited by BnL