Harriman (8-3) @ Hampton (10-1)

Guest Shocker0

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Harriman isn't private and they won't be AA in 2009 unless they redraw zoning boundries in Roane County (they are looking at that though). In fact Harriman's latest enrollment numbers are around 300-325.

Not all of the three kids I mentioned start on the line. A couple do, but they do add depth to a unit that had just about everybody back.

As far as Williams being recruited, I've also heard that he's been offered by FSU and Southern Miss. I haven't heard that from him though, so it might just be rumors.

The thing that hurts him in Class A is that he is so big that a lot of guys simply go low on him. Nothing necessarily illegal, but who can blame a 5'10" 200-pound kid for not trying to blow a 6'9" 350-pound guy off the ball. He's also a better offensive lineman than defensive lineman. He'll go to college as an offensive lineman.

No Harriman isn't private and they won't be AA in 2009 unless they redraw zoning boundries in Roane County (they are looking at that though). In fact Harriman's latest enrollment numbers are around 300-325.

Not all of the three kids I mentioned start on the line. A couple do, but they do add depth to a unit that had just about everybody back.

As far as Williams being recruited, I've also heard that he's been offered by FSU and Southern Miss. I haven't heard that from him though, so it might just be rumors.

The thing that hurts him in Class A is that he is so big that a lot of guys simply go low on him. Nothing necessarily illegal, but who can blame a 5'10" 200-pound kid for not trying to blow a 6'9" 350-pound guy off the ball. He's also a better offensive lineman than defensive lineman. He'll go to college as an offensive lineman.

I was just kidding, I knew Harriman wasn't a private school. It is sort of strange to get 3 transfers in one year at a 1a school. Is Roane Co open enrollment. I know alot of counties are that way. None of it really matters anyway. Lets play ball

How does Hampton plan on containing Harriman's speed? I know we have a speedy secondary with lyons, jaynes, newburn, lunceford, and milhorn. I believe our defensive ends have to get up field and stay in their lanes to help contain goins. I don't see him really killing us as long as he is a pocket passer. I will say that Harriman will not rush for more than 150 on Hampton. If they keep goins contained they will not rush for over 100.

Edited by buffcoach

Should Hampton win, they will be on the road regardless of who wins the Coalfield/Midway contest. After the second round, it's rotated on a year-to-year basis. Last season Hampton got to play Coalfield and Trousdale Co. at home.

Hope this helps.

If Harriman wins and Midway wins the game will be at Harriman.

Should Harriman win and Coalfield win, the game is at Coalfield,

Best of Luck to Hampton and a speedy recovery to Adam.

Tim

You are so stupid! Get a life!

I now know who you are, thanks to a friend of mine.

Should Hampton win, they will be on the road regardless of who wins the Coalfield/Midway contest. After the second round, it's rotated on a year-to-year basis. Last season Hampton got to play Coalfield and Trousdale Co. at home.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Shouldn't you be working????? Does your boss know what you do at your desk?

Hope this helps.

Tim

We just need to win this one first, I don't think it has alot to do with where you play, its who you play. If we can win at home this week, I;m sure we have a great chance whereever we play next week.Not alot of difference in the top three in region 2. Cut out the penalties and the fumble and I was more impressed with Hampton last week, than I have been in quite some time.Our line and blocking backs was the difference. These boys are coming together at the right time.