McCallie vs Christian Brothers

This has been McCallie's year! :) They have a team full of talent and they know how to win!(9-1) :D With there only lost to Alcoa by 3! McCallie has always been well coached and even when they are missing playmaker's(such as bradford 2 weeks ago against FR)the younger guys step up and find a way to win! this should be a great game. turnovers and willingness to win will determind this one, correct me if im wrong? :D

McCallie is a very good team, disiplined and good sports no matter what , . Other than the loss to Alcoa , which could have went either way , they deserve to get a ring . From one Tornadoe fan to the Blue Tornado , get it done .

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wished we were covering this game! This is one I would "smack a kitten" to do ( the surprised look on their face is priceless), but I didn't get my request turned in early enough to do last weeks game (live video stream) or the game I'll be doing an audio broadcast and on demand video for upload on Saturday. We hope to get permission to do the games on the 18th.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Dean Johnson

schoolsportsradio.com

Well, since those teams were banished into a separate division this is the system they have to play in. I'll remember your statement when Riverdale wins the state championship in 5A. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Three out of the last four 5A state champions suffered their only loss of the season to a Div IIAAA team that couldn't win those two games. What does that say?

mccalie got lucky and i know noone from mccalie will ever admit it but deep down they know they did but it really doesnt matter

Edited by SCN08FearTheSpear

I'm a Baylor fan but all good teams win with luck sometime during the year. Yes, Riverdale's coach made some horrible calls late in the game that I am sure he has nightmares over. But give McCallie alot of credit. How many teams could have come back that far down...even with the calls and take advantage of it? Give them some credit. Jeolousy shows thru alot in these posts. Also, D2AAA teams cannot help it because we have so few playoff games. Since we were forced to split years ago we have 8 great teams in our conference to deal with...next year it will be ten. But year in and year out D2AAA has tremendous talent. What I really do not understand is why you guys in D1 come in on D2 topics to complain about us. Don't you have enough to say on your D1 posts. As far as what this topic is supposed to be about....this should be a great game. Christian Brothers just tore up a good Father Ryan team. But I can't pick against BJ in this one and will say McCallie 30 CBHS 23. Go Baylor!

mccalie got lucky and i know noone from mccalie will ever admit it but deep down they know they did but it really doesnt matter

Good Post jon26. I agree and never see D2 guys go on D1 topics to bash them for no reason. They always come on D2 posts. BTW I see Christian Brothers giving McCallie all that they can handle but BJ giving them more than they can handle. McCallie 24 CBHS 16. If Baylor could pull off the big upset at Brentwood Academy it would set up Big Red against Big Blue. That would be awesome and i will be in Nashville to pull for them. Good luck McCallie. Can't wait to see Cooper and BJ with Jacques in Knoxville next year.

I'm a Baylor fan but all good teams win with luck sometime during the year. Yes, Riverdale's coach made some horrible calls late in the game that I am sure he has nightmares over. But give McCallie alot of credit. How many teams could have come back that far down...even with the calls and take advantage of it? Give them some credit. Jeolousy shows thru alot in these posts. Also, D2AAA teams cannot help it because we have so few playoff games. Since we were forced to split years ago we have 8 great teams in our conference to deal with...next year it will be ten. But year in and year out D2AAA has tremendous talent. What I really do not understand is why you guys in D1 come in on D2 topics to complain about us. Don't you have enough to say on your D1 posts. As far as what this topic is supposed to be about....this should be a great game. Christian Brothers just tore up a good Father Ryan team. But I can't pick against BJ in this one and will say McCallie 30 CBHS 23. Go Baylor!

Good Post jon26. I agree and never see D2 guys go on D1 topics to bash them for no reason. They always come on D2 posts. BTW I see Christian Brothers giving McCallie all that they can handle but BJ giving them more than they can handle. McCallie 24 CBHS 16. If Baylor could pull off the big upset at Brentwood Academy it would set up Big Red against Big Blue. That would be awesome and i will be in Nashville to pull for them. Good luck McCallie. Can't wait to see Cooper and BJ with Jacques in Knoxville next year.

Let's say that Baylor and McCallie win. You're looking at an all Chattanooga final. Why not just play the game at Finley Stadium? Is that possible?

I know that no one is picking us to beat Brentwood Academy...but I wonder if anyone on here knows if that happened if it could be played at Finley. My guess would be know....probably Murfreesboro has a contract. It would be something though.

Let's say that Baylor and McCallie win. You're looking at an all Chattanooga final. Why not just play the game at Finley Stadium? Is that possible?

McCallie will be playing their 4th game at Finley this year... Why is that?

Everyone on this board who has any sense knows McCallie and Baylor wouldn't whoop Ooltewah or Red Bank. They would be great games but any one of those teams could beat the other one on any given night. DII schools are in a different league because they are private schools who can go out of state and around the state to get kids to come to their school. Thats why they are in a different league. Thats why they have the best athletes around the state who later goes on to the bigger colleges. Public schools has to play with whatever is living in their zone. Ooltewah can't bring kids in from around the state and ssoutheast to play for them. Whatever Hunter and Ooltewah Middle gives them is what they have to go with. DII schools also has a lot more money than us public schools. McCallie can afford to pay for an ex-TN weight coach while public schools are stuck with whatever the principal hires. Go look at facilities. Go into the Ooltewah weight room and look at how old and crappy their equipment is and then go to McCallie or Baylor and look how much money they put into those things. There are a lot of differences why DII team are in a different league and why they produce better players. They can afford better everything for their students. After saying all that, I do hope McCallie, Baylor, Temple and Red Bank win tomorrow night. That will represent Chattanooga well. Good luck to all teams and I'll see you guys Friday Night!

Edited by ImaOWL