McCallie vs Christian Brothers

what the heck are you talking about? We only have 3 weeks of playoffs because we don't have alot of people in the conference. We could have 5 weeks like the publics but that would mean that everyone in our conference would go to the playoffs. Maybe if we weren't removed from the public division than there would be more people in the playoffs.

Also, if u look at the playoff brackets for the publics, you see that about the 1st 2 weeks of each playoff bracket, the majority of games are BS games neways b/c you see the number 1 seed play a 2-8 team or somethin like that.

Basically in D-II we jus cut out those first 2 ridiculously unnecessary games.

But whatever, there will be more teams in the league next year so the publics can stop whining about how we only have to play 2 games.

Boo Hoo! Cry me a river.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would stay in this arguement, but unfortunately we have ERSS(elitest retarded statement syndrome) in this topic.

Also, if u look at the playoff brackets for the publics, you see that about the 1st 2 weeks of each playoff bracket, the majority of games are BS games neways b/c you see the number 1 seed play a 2-8 team or somethin like that.

Basically in D-II we jus cut out those first 2 ridiculously unnecessary games.

Ignoring the grammar, which already demeans the quality of the post, we also have strong symptoms of hyperbolism and badly-backed up statements.

First of all, 90.6% of teams in the 5A bracket met your requirement of .500 for the first round of the playoffs. In the second round, that number jumps up to 100.0% of all teams, and to add to that, all of those teams have at least a .545 win percentage.

Secondly, in the first round, there were 6 games out of 16 where a team with a lower record beat a team with a higher one. That's .375, over 1/3 of the games played.

Third, the average margin of victory in the 5A playoffs so far is 14.25 per game, and in D2-3A the average is 24.5. Hmm...

I guess public schools clearly are all horrible. No team from some lowly old 2A school with a fourth of the students McCallie has that only gets talent from it's own small city could ever manage to win in a game between those two schools. Public schools must be so weak and useless. It's a wonder anyone would ever care about them.

I don't believe that public schools would win the majority of games against McCallie or Brentwood or Baylor. The teams themselves are just simply better. What I don't care one bit for is some jerk telling me that the playoff system is as stupid as the BCS, and that none of the football I care about matters.

Shut up mkay. :thumb:

I would stay in this arguement, but unfortunately we have ERSS(elitest retarded statement syndrome) in this topic.

Ignoring the grammar, which already demeans the quality of the post, we also have strong symptoms of hyperbolism and badly-backed up statements.

First of all, 90.6% of teams in the 5A bracket met your requirement of .500 for the first round of the playoffs. In the second round, that number jumps up to 100.0% of all teams, and to add to that, all of those teams have at least a .545 win percentage.

Secondly, in the first round, there were 6 games out of 16 where a team with a lower record beat a team with a higher one. That's .375, over 1/3 of the games played.

Third, the average margin of victory in the 5A playoffs so far is 14.25 per game, and in D2-3A the average is 24.5. Hmm...

I guess public schools clearly are all horrible. No team from some lowly old 2A school with a fourth of the students McCallie has that only gets talent from it's own small city could ever manage to win in a game between those two schools. Public schools must be so weak and useless. It's a wonder anyone would ever care about them.

I don't believe that public schools would win the majority of games against McCallie or Brentwood or Baylor. The teams themselves are just simply better. What I don't care one bit for is some jerk telling me that the playoff system is as stupid as the BCS, and that none of the football I care about matters.

Shut up mkay. :thumb:

ok so we see your point...you're giving us the facts and they're legit....you're asking us to stop talking poorly about the football you care about....but if you'll look at the beginning of the thread....it was somebody from D1 that was bashing our playoff system and making the comment "who cares? its a joke"....we're doing what we see is the best system considering the fact that we only have 8 teams...we would LOVE to play ya'll...because as a league we feel like we could win playing ya'll...and playing in your playoff system...but that stopped a long time ago...so until ya'll agree to play us again...all we can do is sit here and argue about something that is retarded...so basically "what i don't care one bit for is some jerk telling me that the playoff system is as stupid as the BCS, and that none of the football i care about matters"

Edited by mccalliesportsguy

anyways, back to the topic, CBHS by 3 in a hard fought game decided by turnovers and special teams

This will be a hard fought game. CBHS is a well coached team that could give McCallie trouble. However, rumor is McCallie will be playing at Finley Stadium and that gives them the advantage. Not because of the turf but they just don't lose there. It's their home away from home. Should be a great game to watch. Wish I could be there.

Edited by shannon

This has been McCallie's year! :P They have a team full of talent and they know how to win!(9-1) :thumb: With there only lost to Alcoa by 3! McCallie has always been well coached and even when they are missing playmaker's(such as bradford 2 weeks ago against FR)the younger guys step up and find a way to win! this should be a great game. turnovers and willingness to win will determind this one, correct me if im wrong? :lol:

Come on guys, DII team consistantly beat 4A and 5A teams. The competeition in the elite 8 is by far the hardest in the state. More DI prospects come out of the elite 8 than any other in the state, and there are only eight teams. That says something. For you OWL fans, you need to get your head out of you butt and stop living in denial. You know McCallie and Baylor would work you and you cant handle it.