McCallie vs Christian Brothers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOO CARES, WIN 2 GAMES AND GET A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, WHAT A JOKE

Well, since those teams were banished into a separate division this is the system they have to play in. I'll remember your statement when Riverdale wins the state championship in 5A. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Three out of the last four 5A state champions suffered their only loss of the season to a Div IIAAA team that couldn't win those two games. What does that say?

if CBHS plays like they did against FR than i think this will be a good game. I know Bradford for McCallie will be back so that will be a tough situation to deal with defensively for CBHS. But if the Freshman can keep tearin it up like he has been and if Skinner can keep playing as well as he has been, then this game should be a really good one. Can't wait, and good luck to both teams. Last time CBHS traveled to mccallie it was a slaughter with mccallie on top.

Once again the often afraid owls are running their mouths about the D11 playoff system. I tell you what you should do owls fan talk to that individual about allowing for a game between The McCallie Blue Tornados and your owls and you will just shut up. Now that is the joke.

haha are serious? the first thing that stands out (besides the fact that Div2 AAA teams have beaten the best of 5A and 4A consistently) is that everyone in our playoff pool is at .500 or above. That is the minimum to even be considered. Point goes to D2. Yeah 5 games seems like a lot to do to get to state but are all 5 of those quality competition? Nothing against those particular schools but if your school is 2-8 (Ral. Egypt) how do you make it to the playoffs? And there are 5 other programs that are not only below .500, but two games below in .500; 5A-Coffee Co., Warren Co. and Cordava; 4A-Unicoi Co. and Chattanooga Brainerd; all at 4-6 a piece. Looks like that system is almost asa screwy as the BCS.

To argue Division 2 vs. Division 1 is like arguing NFL vs. College. Yeah the Division 1 teams always win those match-ups, but they also have all of the talent from each city.

For a Division 1 team to win is almost rediculous.

It's correct for these schools to be in their own little bubble with 6 playoff teams, but it also is not correct for them to hate on Division 1 or reverse. If there were a hundred Division 2 schools, all of the calibur of the teams that made the playoffs, then a team like MUS might not even make them in the first place. Or they would be that 3-7 team that just happened to win a few lucky games in their region.

Now what is kind of iffy is that the Division 2 schools may be playing the hardest teams there are, but they also have great talent at each one. Therefore, I personally believe that winning a 5A championship is harder. You, unless your school gets lucky with it, will have about the same talent level as any other team you're facing. And you may have to play 4 or 5 games against teams of your talent level, which is obviously harder than 2 or 3.

It's definately possible for any D1 to beat any D2, but in general, D2 should win more of the head to head.