MidTennFootball

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Co. was called for a technical before the game started. The ref. said JJ touched the rim in warm ups. Sounds picky to me, but Blackman was up 2-0 before the game ever tipped off.

its against the rules, this was the 2nd time this had happened as i remember him actually dunking prior to the oakland game the other night, it was brought to the refs attention then also but not called. i heard he grabbed paul stephens face (prior to when i got to the game in the 2nd quarter) tonight and sorta pushed him by it and lots felt like that warranted a tech also, he also layed little alex carter out during the game, and him trying to be rough and start stuff with blake bragg (both of which i did see). i witnessed what alot of others complained about the past couple of years tonight i guess im just glad he's a senior so we wont have to put up with that next year.

its against the rules, this was the 2nd time this had happened as i remember him actually dunking prior to the oakland game the other night, it was brought to the refs attention then also but not called. i heard he grabbed paul stephens face (prior to when i got to the game in the 2nd quarter) tonight and sorta pushed him by it and lots felt like that warranted a tech also, he also layed little alex carter out during the game, and him trying to be rough and start stuff with blake bragg (both of which i did see). i witnessed what alot of others complained about the past couple of years tonight i guess im just glad he's a senior so we wont have to put up with that next year.

Hey tdtn he did not hit that kid in the face on purpose i saw it it was right in front of me he was going for a block and hit the kid after he hit him he tried to go right to him and give him a pat kinda of a my bad thing but paul was a little ill and wasnt hearing it. IN MY OPINION JJ plays hard and such the hard fouls i dont think he does it to be dirty and just think he is playing hard.

Hey tdtn he did not hit that kid in the face on purpose i saw it it was right in front of me he was going for a block and hit the kid after he hit him he tried to go right to him and give him a pat kinda of a my bad thing but paul was a little ill and wasnt hearing it. IN MY OPINION JJ plays hard and such the hard fouls i dont think he does it to be dirty and just think he is playing hard.

maybe, this is really the first i can remember seeing what people were talking about him being dirty and such, so i honestly dont know, just not to familiar with him or his game.

BTW CONGRADULATIONS TO SCOTT THOMAS! he was awarded his ball for his 1000th career point tonight (which was scored friday against siegel). its a shame he is hurt right now but i wouldnt say thats the last we've seen of him, hopefully not

I remember JJ getting in Darius Ropers face, of all people, when Darius tried going for a ball going out of bounds. They got a double tech because JJ pushed him and got in his face and Darius bowed up but just stood there. Pretty amusing at the time that he ever thought he would have a chance if Darius Roper got mad and fought back.

But he did throw a few elbow at Blake Bragg and Blake clinched his fist like he was about to swing at J.J.

I am a Blackman fan but I will say watching them on offense is like watching paint dry. all they do is sit there and try to find an open 3 it seems like no one wants to drive to the basket and create that's not going to work next week. I find it strange that a less athletic White Co. team basically ran(fast breaked) them out of the gym in the second half. Blackman needs a true ball handler,

I cant believe Oakland Squandered a lead like that, I know it was a rivalry game but I cant see Oakland winning a state championship playing that way at this point in the season

Great game Warriors!!! What a win and this really sets us up for the Region. Couldn't have worked out better with Oakland and Blackman on the other side of the bracket. I thought Kevin was fantastic. He really wanted the win and big props to Trey Smith for getting everything started. Oakland was in control the first half but just couldn't get it going the second. I think Riverdale came out after half time with more energy and when the ball started dropping they took advantage. Can't wait to see how the Region match ups develop.

Icecold you are right about Blackman needing a ball handler . They need a point guard who can distribute the ball. I think Coach Turnham has to take this loss on his shoulders. With the game on the line why do you let #15 drive in the lane. He made too many turnovers in the 3rd quarter which let WC get the momentum. At the end of the game he is driving the lane and throwing the ball up. He should have been dishing the ball off to Barnes or Carter. Blackman needed 3's at the end. Both Carter and Barnes were open and instead there were turnovers. When the game is on the line you put the ball in the hands of your better players. Why didn't Turnham do that. If he wanted someone to drive the lane give the ball to Bragg. There were no screens to get anyone open. Same thing happened against Riverdale on Saturday. When the game is tied shouldn't the coach call time out and say let's hold for one shot and we will take our chances on overtime if we miss. Instead they come down the court and take a terrible shot with 15 seconds left. To much time for the other team to shoot and Riverdale took advantage of that.

Thank you.

Great game Warriors!!! What a win and this really sets us up for the Region. Couldn't have worked out better with Oakland and Blackman on the other side of the bracket. I thought Kevin was fantastic. He really wanted the win and big props to Trey Smith for getting everything started. Oakland was in control the first half but just couldn't get it going the second. I think Riverdale came out after half time with more energy and when the ball started dropping they took advantage. Can't wait to see how the Region match ups develop.

Icecold you are right about Blackman needing a ball handler . They need a point guard who can distribute the ball. I think Coach Turnham has to take this loss on his shoulders. With the game on the line why do you let #15 drive in the lane. He made too many turnovers in the 3rd quarter which let WC get the momentum. At the end of the game he is driving the lane and throwing the ball up. He should have been dishing the ball off to Barnes or Carter. Blackman needed 3's at the end. Both Carter and Barnes were open and instead there were turnovers. When the game is on the line you put the ball in the hands of your better players. Why didn't Turnham do that. If he wanted someone to drive the lane give the ball to Bragg. There were no screens to get anyone open. Same thing happened against Riverdale on Saturday. When the game is tied shouldn't the coach call time out and say let's hold for one shot and we will take our chances on overtime if we miss. Instead they come down the court and take a terrible shot with 15 seconds left. To much time for the other team to shoot and Riverdale took advantage of that.

I've been saying it all season. We need a point guard. I'm really surprised Turnham was letting Smith continue to play. I don't believe Smith driving the lane was his game plan. You don't put the game in the hands of the guy who averages about 2 points a game. Hope Felix will be back next year.

I don't know why anyone would complain about shooting the 3's. Alex started the game out with 3 in your face 3's and then we got away from that. We were driving the lane and feeding it to the posts but we weren't converting. Our defense inside let us down last night. We let them have to many little 10 foot jump shots.