Dobyns Bennett & the Playoffs

WaCoJaCo

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess there goes our chance of winning it all in bball :P;) I guess I might as well open up the shooting range...fire away :thumb:

I took that as you were being sarcastic…and I’m sure you were. I wanted to post a sympathetic post about Coty’s injury because I'm just hearing about it. But as sure as I’m sitting here, someone would have tried to turn it around on me. :lol:

Good points. The coaches dont make the regions or the size of the schools. Unfortunately there are several examples of schools playing up in order to save on travel ( ex. North HS). Some years teams are up and some down. Some Regions up, some down. A common theme in this thread is DB/Clark loses in the playoffs. Somebody out there give us Clark's playoff record...I'm betting .600-.700. I totally agree to play some tougher teams and I think that is certainly part of the idea for Maryville scrimmage. Yes, DB lost, but it was nice to be there, ask Oak Ridge! Not only was the road getting tougher with better teams, DB's chances would have been slimmer losing Basham and Sensabaugh for the rest of the way. For those that believe in HS rankings, I bet you believe in the BCS too!!

Nope because I don't think even the folks who invented it can understand it. Heck with my math skills I am lucky to be able to spell BCS. :thumb:

What I do know is the fact if you constantly play patsys you will find you will start playing like them.

Simple fact is that there is something wrong at DB or else they would get by at least the first round or the playoffs. Whether it is the Coach choking or the players not being able to handle the pressure of the playoffs, I do not know.

Who really knows what the problem is there. Maybe the facilities are too nice and instead of making them stronger it has had the opposite effect.

I took that as you were being sarcastic…and I’m sure you were. I wanted to post a sympathetic post about Coty’s injury because I'm just hearing about it. But as sure as I’m sitting here, someone would have tried to turn it around on me. :angry:

not from me...i have read your post regarding #9 and I know you have alot of respect for him and wish him a full recovery as we all do. :thumb: Like I said, Ron Bliss says it is a broken leg out 2 months, but someone I know that has spoken to him a few times since says it is sprained. So I will follow up. I hate it for him because he seems to be a great kid

And yes I was being sarcastic about the bball title...I figured it wouldn't be long until we were being blasted for not winning it all...so might as well laugh about it

Edited by maroonandgrey

Nope because I don't think even the folks who invented it can understand it. Heck with my math skills I am lucky to be able to spell BCS. :thumb:

What I do know is the fact if you constantly play patsys you will find you will start playing like them.

Simple fact is that there is something wrong at DB or else they would get by at least the first round or the playoffs. Whether it is the Coach choking or the players not being able to handle the pressure of the playoffs, I do not know.

Who really knows what the problem is there. Maybe the facilities are too nice and instead of making them stronger it has had the opposite effect.

You will never see me saying they shouldnt schedule stiffer competition when possible. Basically, they have 4 chances each season. DB played down this year with 2 4a's and ironically, they are still playing. (and the same was true last year) You have to wonder, it must have helped them. Normally, Oak Ridge would be a better game. The real opportunity DB missed to shedule was Eliz. Unless you have ever been involved in trying to coordinate a schedule, the moon and stars all have to line up just perfectly. To see DB go outside the area, it will take a LOT of future planning 3-4 years from now. My understanding is it very hard for the Fresh and JV to find games.