CAN MORRISTOWN WEST WIN THE 2006 4A STATE TITLE?

vhs57

I'll stand behind whoever comes out of upper East TN :thumb:

Same here. What I am wondering, though, is what are teams doing past Upper East TN that is so different and that is so successful for them to have good teams year in and year out. Does it start at a younger level? Do the high schools and middle schools have closer relationships to where they see the playing style earlier? Maybe it has to do with the way that people live up in this area so the kids are softer. Maybe there is a huge difference in coaching style. Heck, maybe people just take football more seriously. I'm just not sure what it is, but there just HAS to be something different about what is going on outside of our area.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would love if anyone beat maryville no offense to any maryville fans great team great program im just gettin bored with 4a with the same ole crap every year but best of luck to all of you

After this past Friday I think Maryville can be beat but I really do not think Mo West will have a chance at that and my reason is that Red Bank may be the team to beat this year on this side. Red Bank looks great so far and will play Maryville before Mo West has to.

I think I'll put an end to this thread and the debate. Morristown West, along with every other team left in the 4A playoffs can win the playoffs. It is that simple. They are going to be playing high school teams on Friday, not college or NFL teams. Anything can happen. Now, it is more likely that one team will win, but the fact of the matter is that each team has the same chance to win the state championship.

Barb Mo-West already won their Region (Region2 4A) now they are trying to advance to the quarter finals.

If you look at these post you'll see most all are by posters with no ties to Mo-West we are smart enough to know we must take it one game at a time. Next is Tennessee High which will present a very formitable task.

oops my bad...already in roundball mode.

Morristown West is a strong team this year, as they always are year in and year out. The only thing that worries me about the Trojans is their tendancy this year to allow teams to hang around. After jacking up the score in the fourth quarter the team looks unbeatable on paper. My advice to the Trojans would be to seize the opportunities and put it to your opponent. I'd like to see an upper east Tennessee team bring home the gold ball. Oh, and can Morristown West beat Maryville; I say why not?! Maryville is not invinsible although most think they are. Morristown has beat them before (I could be wrong and feel free to correct me). Usually I root for my Sullivan County bretheran but I feel Bristol is underachieving this year. Tons of talent with a conservative one dimensional Coach calling the plays, can't and won't bring home the gold ball. Go Trojans from a guy in Kingsport. Edited by srupley