CAN MORRISTOWN WEST WIN THE 2006 4A STATE TITLE?

vhs57

Morristown West is a strong team this year, as they always are year in and year out. The only thing that worries me about the Trojans is their tendancy this year to allow teams to hang around. After jacking up the score in the fourth quarter the team looks unbeatable on paper. My advice to the Trojans would be to seize the opportunities and put it to your opponent. I'd like to see an upper east Tennessee team bring home the gold ball. Oh, and can Morristown West beat Maryville; I saw why not?! Maryville is invinsible although most think they are not. Morristown has beat them before (I could be wrong and feel free to correct me). Usually I route for my Sullivan County bretheran but I feel Bristol is underachieving this year. Tons of talent with a conservative one dimensional Coach calling the plays, can't and won't bring home the gold ball. Go Trojans from a guy in Kingsport.

Oh srupley, I see how it is. Which side of your mouth are you talking out of? On a previous post from another thread you wished us luck and told us to "give 'em heck" in regards to the Trojans. Now you are saying "Go Trojans!" Does that make you an "Indian" giver or are you just trying to butter up to MoWest so that they don't beat you in the regular season when the make the jump to 5A in a couple of years.

I'll tip my hat to you as far as the underachieving goes you are right to a point. Our conservative one dimensional Coach and his staff had the game plan to beat you guys this year. We had you and the ropes off balance and then we bacame our own worst enemy. So yeah maybe we did underachieve. But the Indians ought to know a little something about underachieving. Enjoy your Friday night at home.

After my little rant I'll get back to thread at hand. I think MoWest has a shot. Big, Strong, Fast, Deep, Looks like you are playing the University of Alabama when you see them on the sidelines. I think they have a legit shot. The mighty Maryville had a struggle against Brainard, maybe it's not the U of Murvuls year. Maybe 4A is a little more wide open. But to give the Rebels their due, to be the team you have to beat the team and the road to the title goes through Maryville.

Plus don't forget, there is the matter of that little ol' "underachieving" team from Bristol you have to face this week. If you look to far ahead you might just get the horns.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh srupley, I see how it is. Which side of your mouth are you talking out of? On a previous post from another thread you wished us luck and told us to "give 'em heck" in regards to the Trojans. Now you are saying "Go Trojans!" Does that make you an "Indian" giver or are you just trying to butter up to MoWest so that they don't beat you in the regular season when the make the jump to 5A in a couple of years.

Granted, I am aware of my double talk and no I'm not trying to snooze up to anybody. I'll follow my Dobyns Bennett Indians, first round loss or not. Allow me to conjecture just the same as do all others on coacht. Although, let me clarify. I believe Morristown West has a legitimate shot at winning the 4A state championship. Their undefeated, talented, and always find a way to win. I believe they have a better chance at beating Maryville IF they get there. There immediate opponent, your Tennessee High Vikings, is their biggest obstacle at present. In that sense give'em heck.

Tennessee High, my Sullivan County neighbor, has a legitimate chance at beating Morristown West. Your Vikings always come to play, and play hard you will. You have alot of talent and I would love to see the upset. I was at the Dobyns Bennett game, I was at the Sullivan South game, Sullivan North game. I've seen what your strengths and weaknesses are. The thread topic, however, concerns whether Morristown West can win the 4A state championship.

Let me summarize, I say Go Trojans! in the sense of trying to bring a state championship back to east Tennessee and I say Go Vikings! in the sense of rooting on a city rival/friend. I do appreciate you bringing up my hypocracy however.

Considering the game, I say Go Vikings! pull off the upset. If you want to claim I'm kissing up to you now and that I'll continue my make whoever complains at the time happy...disregard the notion. It won't happen. Further clarification usually settles things. Hope this explanation was satisfactory. Go upper east Tennessee football, Go Vikings! give'em heck!

Edited by srupley

The thread ask's CAN Morristown West win the 2006 State Title?

They could but will not. Here is why. They may be undefeated but the strength of schedule is 52nd in the state. Which means they have not had the roughest road this season based upon the opponents they have faced. They played knotz west close at home and won 24-19. Game could have gone ether way IMO. I watched the game by tvo delay and they were not that impressive.

I think TN High will beat them as well before they get a shot at Sully South. I do think they should beat SS or More east. But then they will have to go Red bank or most likely Maryville. Maryville also played Knox West like More West did but Maryville pounded them on their own field 49-12 late in the season. The 12 came vs. the 2nd and 3rd strings. More West is young as well and deep into the play-off that is a factor IMO.

I do know Coach Woods is very good and will be a factor and plus for More West.

Good luck, hope Maryville and West get the chance to play.

Granted, I am aware of my double talk and no I'm not trying to snooze up to anybody. I'll follow my Dobyns Bennett Indians, first round loss or not. Allow me to conjecture just the same as do all others on coacht. Although, let me clarify. I believe Morristown West has a legitimate shot at winning the 4A state championship. Their undefeated, talented, and always find a way to win. I believe they have a better chance at beating Maryville IF they get there. There immediate opponent, your Tennessee High Vikings, is their biggest obstacle at present. In that sense give'em heck.

Tennessee High, my Sullivan County neighbor, has a legitimate chance at beating Morristown West. Your Vikings always come to play, and play hard you will. You have alot of talent and I would love to see the upset. I was at the Dobyns Bennett game, I was at the Sullivan South game, Sullivan North game. I've seen what your strengths and weaknesses are. The thread topic, however, concerns whether Morristown West can win the 4A state championship.

Let me summarize, I say Go Trojans! in the sense of trying to bring a state championship back to east Tennessee and I say Go Vikings! in the sense of rooting on a city rival/friend. I do appreciate you bringing up my hypocracy however.

Considering the game, I say Go Vikings! pull off the upset. If you want to claim I'm kissing up to you now and that I'll continue my make whoever complains at the time happy...disregard the notion. It won't happen. Further clarification usually settles things. Hope this explanation was satisfactory. Go upper east Tennessee football, Go Vikings! give'em heck!

I like you srupley and your diplomatic politicly correct approach to my question as well as your ability to tie it right back into the thread. Brilliant Post! :thumb: Did I see your name on the ballot when I voted earlier today?

No, i dont think they can beat maryville, and i think if east plays them next week they will have a hard time with that game, wes hale is the best player on that mo west team though, and JJ simms is a great leader at defense, i just dont know if they can beat maryville, but if they go there and make it that far. i will be at that game, go west, and represent the conferance well

They could but will not. Here is why. They may be undefeated but the strength of schedule is 52nd in the state. Which means they have not had the roughest road this season based upon the opponents they have faced. They played knotz west close at home and won 24-19. Game could have gone ether way IMO. I watched the game by tvo delay and they were not that impressive.

I think TN High will beat them as well before they get a shot at Sully South. I do think they should beat SS or More east. But then they will have to go Red bank or most likely Maryville. Maryville also played Knox West like More West did but Maryville pounded them on their own field 49-12 late in the season. The 12 came vs. the 2nd and 3rd strings. More West is young as well and deep into the play-off that is a factor IMO.

Maryville's SOS is 55 and I believe that is below 52. As for the KnoxWest game, it was a tough fought game and I cringed when I saw how bad Maryville beat them, but it is impossible to tell how much better one team is than another based on the opponents each team has played. On any given Friday, ANY team can lose. Maryville is the top program in 4A in the state, nobody can deny that. However, many teams are doing their best to get to Maryville's level and that includes MoWest.

Can we win state -- it is possible, but I do not know how probable it is. I always feel good about MoWest chances against any team we face, even Maryville. Does that mean an instant win? No, but we have a 50/50 chance to pull out a win against any team we play.

Dang FBE, I wasn't going to post on this site yet but even though leectn as already pointed out the SoS, I must add MWest is ahead in the S+S ranking also.

Rankings mean nothing at this point.

ANYWAY, Maryville and MWest have this Friday to look toward.

we have a 50/50 chance to pull out a win against any team we play.

Poor use of statistics...you must have gone to school up there in motown.

Sure, 50/50 in the sense that there are only two possible outcomes. But you fail to realize that there are contributing factors to the likelihood of those two possible outcomes: in this case, the quality of opponent.

Statistically speaking, your odds of winning from week to week vary based on your opponent and a number of other factors.

Edited by papa chaos

Poor use of statistics...you must have gone to school up there in motown.

Sure, 50/50 in the sense that there are only two possible outcomes. But you fail to realize that there are contributing factors to the likelihood of those two possible outcomes: in this case, the quality of opponent.

Statistically speaking, your odds of winning from week to week vary based on your opponent and a number of other factors.

You're an idiot. Where did you go to school hot shot, I am ancious to get word on this perstigous institute of learning. Don't hate partner, Morristown is dominate we can not help this.