CAN MORRISTOWN WEST WIN THE 2006 4A STATE TITLE?

vhs57

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would say yes and no..but i am a biased fan tho....Believe me when i say that Knox West thrives on geting back to you guys...i hate were dropping you all from our schedule..i love the atmosphere and the games the past 2 years..really been fun hopefully well meet in the playoffs..but can u beat maryville..yes i really think its just a mindset thing w/ half the schools they play...but its not like theyre immaculate..not takin anything away from maryville tho..class act school but you have 2 believe ur gonna beat them..cause if you dont yuo shouldnt even get off the bus

Edited by KnoxWest#63

i would say yes and no..but i am a biased fan tho....Believe me when i say that Knox West thrives on geting back to you guys...i hate were dropping you all from our schedule..i love the atmosphere and the games the past 2 years..really been fun hopefully well meet in the playoffs..but can u beaty maryville..yes i really think its just a mindset thing w/ half the schools they play...but its not like theyre immaculate

Yes they CAN, but with MHS, MoW, and RB all undefeated, it will be tough. Champ will be the one of these three that make it through

There is no doubt that the class of 4A is in the east or the state for that matter...The funniest thing is that either Murvul or Red Bank will have to probably beat 3 undefeated teams along the way (if they both make it)...First each other then probably Mo West and then probably Hillsboro....IMO 4A is the toughest class to get through in the playoffs because there are more quality teams with better coaching...thats just my opinion...im sure some people from 5A will disagree because they are the "BIG BOYS" and since a team that Murvul absolutely killed beat the top ranked 5A team there cannot be much disagreement with the facts there...

Edited by rebelguy21

Having seen Morristown West play, I honestly don't believe they have what it takes to win the state championship. I give them all the credit they deserve: well coached, disciplined, and good team speed. They have a great front seven that dominates the line of scrimmage, but their secondary left many gaps that a genuine passing team will be able to exploit. I know their depth has been key to their success, but I just didn't see enough to make me believe they will take home the gold ball. Tennessee High will present not only a solid challenge, but more importantly a more-than-opposing offense that will inevitably take this game. My prediction:

TH: 21

MW: 14

i would love if anyone beat maryville no offense to any maryville fans great team great program im just gettin bored with 4a with the same ole crap every year but best of luck to all of you

I have to agree with you on this one. I also getting bored with the same teams making it to the semis and finals. And to the person on here who said 4A is toughest class? I strongly disagree. If you have the same teams going at it in the semifinal and final rounds in the playoffs, that just tells me that 4A is sort of weak.

I have to agree with you on this one. I also getting bored with the same teams making it to the semis and finals. And to the person on here who said 4A is toughest class? I strongly disagree. If you have the same teams going at it in the semifinal and final rounds in the playoffs, that just tells me that 4A is sort of weak.

Well like I said in my earlier post...it was my opinion...having the same teams every year will get boring for some but it is up to those "other" teams to do something about it...I honestly think that for the past 8 years the best team in 4A might beat the best 5A team with a couple of exceptions...just my opinion though...I would hate to offend anybody...plus the top rated 5A team lost to a team that Murvul absolutely man handled...year in and year out...just stating the facts there...