Maryville @ Red Bank

Past30

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I manned up and admitted they whipped us. You deserve to make comments about people predictions, but make sure you realize some of these fans have on blinders. I thought it would a lot closer, but it wasnt. If you want to say I talked smack thats fine I just made a prediciton. I am not blaming refs or crying about anything like alot of fans that Maryville has beaten.

I never said nor did I mean to imply that youtalked smack. I appreciate your "manning" up to the outcome. I responded to your post about "here come the comments" because I think the Maryville fans have earned the right to have some fun on this message board.

I never said nor did I mean to imply that youtalked smack. I appreciate your "manning" up to the outcome. I responded to your post about "here come the comments" because I think the Maryville fans have earned the right to have some fun on this message board.

I completly agree with that. I made the comment, here come the comments, because I expected them.

RBalumni17:

Once again you will find out that a lot of people on here talking smack are not RED REBEL fans. A lot of the smack you guys were replying to this week was from outsiders or band wagon people. A lot of the regular guys are probably in traffic on I-75.

I'll try to win with class even though you jumped me about "BRAINERD GATE".

dang...and i thought Red Bank wouldve kept it close. Looks like Red Bank got a good taste of what Maryville is all about. How did Maryville handle those big boys upfront. I think their numbers are 67 and 69. Those guys were hard to blobk when Powell played Red Bank and #69 made the line's life miserable. Also how did Maples do because I know those Red Bank DBs probably couldnt guard him.

Well to be truthful, Maryville was too tough up front vs. Red bank all night. Maryville beats teams every year with technique, execution and conditioning. Last year Maryville fielded one of the smallest D lines with only one returning starter in the front four in Killebrew. But they dominated and backed up by (Jr) Caylor, (Jr) "Cowboy" Hall and (Sr) Kimsey they put up impressive numbers on defense along with rotating DT's. This year (Sr)Wood and a young (So?) Smith are really stepping it up and tonight beat Red Banks O line for 6 sacks and held RB for -7 yards on the ground. Hall and Caylor are seasoned LB's who have played at a very high level as starters for 28 games now. Think Red Bank expected that? I'm not surprised but thought red bank would score more points like they have all year. They got some good players. I knew Maryville would score 30 but Red bank only got 7 points on off. The D for Red Bank kept them in it till early in the 3rd qtr then Maryville dominated every part of the game and gave up only one Int, but that was on the RB 5 yard line. Red Bank never got close to scoring in the second half.

From start to finish Maryville was in control even when RB was up by 11 early.

RBalumni17:

Once again you will find out that a lot of people on here talking smack are not RED REBEL fans. A lot of the smack you guys were replying to this week was from outsiders or band wagon people. A lot of the regular guys are probably in traffic on I-75.

I'll try to win with class even though you jumped me about "BRAINERD GATE".

I never jumped on you. I made the comment that many wanted to bring up scores of other games, but not the brainerd game. Just a simple statement. Dont think I jumped on you at all. I guess when Maryville gets down they get upset and open up a can. I never said anyone did not have class. I said you deserve to talk crap by beating us that bad. I have no idea why I have to keep that going. Many Red Bank fans on here have blinders on as well and never actually believed they would lose.

I manned up and admitted they whipped us. You deserve to make comments about people predictions, but make sure you realize some of these fans have on blinders. I thought it would a lot closer, but it wasnt. If you want to say I talked smack thats fine I just made a prediciton. I am not blaming refs or crying about anything like alot of fans that Maryville has beaten.

Sir, I never thought you talked smack and supported your team with class on most of your posts. Like some have said, there are some band wagon fans on here and a few masquerading as Maryville fans. We see it all the time and we know many people want us to fall and for Maryville to really get destroyed by some team some day. Might happen next week because of that any given Friday thing. Red bank had a great season and I know what it is like to be a senior and come up short in his last game. It stinks and hurts for months.

Yes we will have some comments but "To the victor go the spoils". Nothing has changed in hundreds of years on that and we hare having a great run.