Lincoln County not playing Oakland or Franklin next year?

jabbo

Oh, Tullahoma could compete at the 5A level better than a lot of 5A teams that are there now that have a much bigger enrollment. We (L.C.) only have around 1200 students to pick from at the high school every year, our 9th graders go to 2 other schools in the county and are not at the high school at all, but they are counted against us just like they go there and while you would rarely have a freshman contribute they would be in the program another year and would learn the plays and all the first year and then concentrate on getting better after that,, not to mention that our 9th graders have been through with football for about a month, and they would have still been practicing if they were at the high school like other schools 9th graders, and that would have to make them better next year, but we have to compete against some of the schools with twice the enrollment that we have, and I don't care what anyone says that makes a big difference.

I talked to some of Cumberland Co.'s coaches last year and they said that the TSSAA told them that if they went to 4A they might be put in the region with Maryville and they didn't want that either, so i guess that we will just have to wait and see. :lol:

Yea I would say that not having Freshman with your program hurts. I knew about ninth grade academy but I didn't realize the other school carried 9th graders. So if you are only around 1200 to pick from then that hurts............I wasn't saying Tullahoma couldnt' compete. Coach Olive said that Tullahoma would struggle in the playoffs against the Riverdale's, Smyrna's and Lebanon's of the world and they would rather take their chance against the Mt. Juliet's of the world in the early rounds.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that the Franklin game is history, from what i was told their coach which is from Kentucky wanted to schedule a Kentucky team and dropped us from the schedule the first game. I haven't heard that about Oakland, that would really suprise me though. I did hear tonight that Tullahoma might be coming to our region next year and Cumberland Co. going out.

tullahoma will probably lose their week 10 game next season because of hickman going to 2A

so a week zero tullahoma/lincoln co game might happen

i don't know it for sure thats me just thinking out loud

next year is a realignment year and as a result schedules will change.

Some times schedules match up and sometimes they don't. It is like putting 10 puzzles together having to use pieces from other teams puzzles

It can be very tough to find opponents and if you are a pretty good team it makes it even more difficult because some teams just do not want to play you

However if you are not very good I would bet your rolodex is full !

the ideal non region schedule would be

1 top caliber team

1 good team ( a team that could actually beat you)

1 cream puff preferrably late in the season in case you have players that need to heal injuries etc and if you could schedule it right before the bye week that would give you a 3 week window to get 100% going into the stretch

however matching all that up is nearly impossible and most teams end up playing who's schedule fits the slots open

Oakland is not playing Lincoln Co. I do think the have a game with Coffee Co...but, my memory isn't what it used to be. 2P will know about CC and Oakland.

yes c.c. and oakland is set for next year

Oakland is not playing Lincoln Co. I do think the have a game with Coffee Co...but, my memory isn't what it used to be. 2P will know about CC and Oakland.

yes c.c. and oakland is set for next year