Lincoln County not playing Oakland or Franklin next year?

jabbo

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's what I heard...a couple of fine football programs that will be missed. :blink:

I believe that the Franklin game is history, from what i was told their coach which is from Kentucky wanted to schedule a Kentucky team and dropped us from the schedule the first game. I haven't heard that about Oakland, that would really suprise me though. I did hear tonight that Tullahoma might be coming to our region next year and Cumberland Co. going out.

I believe that the Franklin game is history, from what i was told their coach which is from Kentucky wanted to schedule a Kentucky team and dropped us from the schedule the first game. I haven't heard that about Oakland, that would really suprise me though. I did hear tonight that Tullahoma might be coming to our region next year and Cumberland Co. going out.

Is Tullahoma moving up to 5A next year and Cumberland Co. moving down to 4A or something?

Is Tullahoma moving up to 5A next year and Cumberland Co. moving down to 4A or something?

Tullahoma moving up is a possibility but if Coach Olive has his way then it will never happen. He wants to stay 4-A if at all possible....but when it comes down to it, the Wildcats are making no $$$$$$$ on gates with the region they play in. If they played Lincoln Co, Coffee Co, Warren Co, Franklin Co and Cookeville on a regular basis then schedule close non region opponents, then the gate revenue in Tullahoma would nearly double what they make now playing teams that don't travel such as Hillsboro, Maplewood, Stratford, Etc....Olive wants to stay in 4-A for one simple reason....success. I am NOT saying Tullahoma can't compete in region 3-5A....heck they could possibly win it, def make the playoffs on a yearly basis....but to advance past the first round or two would be nearly impossible. Coach Olive believes that if he were to stay in 4-A then should it all come together one year and it all work out perfect....then he has a SHOT at a state title....if he moves to 5-A then he know it will never happen.....don't believe me...ask him...those were his exact words......as for Cumberland County dropping to 4-A...that is a possiblility but I don't see it happening for the simple fact, if they do then the region they will move into will be toughter than the one they are in now. Anybody in Crossville heard the latest about that?

I heard that tonight, don't know if it's true or not. Cumberland Co. has the numbers to move down that's for sure, but Tullahoma would have to agree to do so. It would help Tullahoma as far as travel goes, they play a bunch of Nashville teams and that could get them a little closer games with a better gate. Lets face it most (maybe not all) Nashville teams don't bring virtually any fans to away games and that would help out as far as the gate goes. I had a friend that went to the Tullahoma/Stratford game a couple weeks ago and he said that Stratford brought about 20-25 fans and that was maybe a generous estimate. :blink:

Tullahoma moving up is a possibility but if Coach Olive has his way then it will never happen. He wants to stay 4-A if at all possible....but when it comes down to it, the Wildcats are making no $$$$$$$ on gates with the region they play in. If they played Lincoln Co, Coffee Co, Warren Co, Franklin Co and Cookeville on a regular basis then schedule close non region opponents, then the gate revenue in Tullahoma would nearly double what they make now playing teams that don't travel such as Hillsboro, Maplewood, Stratford, Etc....Olive wants to stay in 4-A for one simple reason....success. I am NOT saying Tullahoma can't compete in region 3-5A....heck they could possibly win it, def make the playoffs on a yearly basis....but to advance past the first round or two would be nearly impossible. Coach Olive believes that if he were to stay in 4-A then should it all come together one year and it all work out perfect....then he has a SHOT at a state title....if he moves to 5-A then he know it will never happen.....don't believe me...ask him...those were his exact words......as for Cumberland County dropping to 4-A...that is a possiblility but I don't see it happening for the simple fact, if they do then the region they will move into will be toughter than the one they are in now. Anybody in Crossville heard the latest about that?

Oh, Tullahoma could compete at the 5A level better than a lot of 5A teams that are there now that have a much bigger enrollment. We (L.C.) only have around 1200 students to pick from at the high school every year, our 9th graders go to 2 other schools in the county and are not at the high school at all, but they are counted against us just like they go there and while you would rarely have a freshman contribute they would be in the program another year and would learn the plays and all the first year and then concentrate on getting better after that,, not to mention that our 9th graders have been through with football for about a month, and they would have still been practicing if they were at the high school like other schools 9th graders, and that would have to make them better next year, but we have to compete against some of the schools with twice the enrollment that we have, and I don't care what anyone says that makes a big difference.

I talked to some of Cumberland Co.'s coaches last year and they said that the TSSAA told them that if they went to 4A they might be put in the region with Maryville and they didn't want that either, so i guess that we will just have to wait and see. :blink:

never knew LC didnt have 9th grade

That's correct, we have never had freshmen at the high school, they go to 2 other different schools, (Ninth Grade Academy, and Fayetteville City Jr. High).

I personally think that it hurts us very much because when they come in as sophmores they have to basicially have to start from scratch. Although the head coach at Fay. City is the former offensive cordinator at L.C. and he is trying to use much of the same formations and terminology as the high school and that will help some, but as I said earlier the other 2 schools have been through with football for at least a month and if they were at the high school they would have gotten that much more practice, almost like another spring practice. :thumb: