Lincoln County not playing Oakland or Franklin next year?

jabbo

Okay here is some information. We have a valuable player on our team who has been nursing an injury this week. Rest assured Warriors he will be okay.

Congratulations.....you can read. That was posted earlier in the week ON THIS VERY FORUM. That is NOT news nor valuable info. You are just regurgitating someone else's previous post. TRY again.......you will be there tonight in cardinal and gold so you should be able to throw out a few stats after the game.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now, Oakland's schedule looks like this:

Riverdale- Away*

Coffee County- Home

Lavergne- Home*

Franklin County- Away

Wilson Central- Home*

Clarksville- Home

Smyrna- Away*

Lebannon- Home*

Siegel- Away*

Blackmen- Away*

*Region Game

We start again in week zero. I don't know what date that is yet.

I'm curious about what the Oakland faithful think of this schedule. Trade LC for CC and trade Franklin for 4A Clarksville.

I lived in Clarksville for a couple years and was very unimpressed with the football there. It's almost as if the school board would like to discontinue all sports. I went to some games and the foorball was not very good.

There's a good argument for playing CC with the proximity...definitely an easier trip than going down to Fayetteville. However, LC will be a very strong team the next couple years. Those tough games help later in the year.

Obviously, this schedule is a pretty serious dowgrade from the last couple years...if LC and Franklin hold true to form.

I'm curious about what the Oakland faithful think of this schedule. Trade LC for CC and trade Franklin for 4A Clarksville.

I lived in Clarksville for a couple years and was very unimpressed with the football there. It's almost as if the school board would like to discontinue all sports. I went to some games and the foorball was not very good.

There's a good argument for playing CC with the proximity...definitely an easier trip than going down to Fayetteville. However, LC will be a very strong team the next couple years. Those tough games help later in the year.

Obviously, this schedule is a pretty serious dowgrade from the last couple years...if LC and Franklin hold true to form.

Im a bit of a old school guy, so leaving LC off the schedule obviously has me disappointed, but I understand the why's and how's of the moves. Clarksville had a pretty good year as I recall, and it will make for a pretty fun trip in 08, its always nice when you play somebody different, that sense of unfamiliarity always bring in some sense of excitement. Coach Ferg has pretty good ties to CC and it was only a matter of time before they were added to the schedule somewhere down the road

I think the downgrade is competition is for obvious reason: Ferg is trying to build Oakland up to the program it was in the late 90's and early 00's and its hard to compete with teams like Franklin when your not competely at their level yet, although we could very well be in the next few years. It will be interesting to see what impact the new indoor facility will have on conditioning this offseason, gives the Patriots an advantage very few teams in this state have at this current moment