Smyrna @ Riverdale

tdntn

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I know what Smyrna expects and they expect riverdale to be riverdale

Smyrna has alway been able to play riverdale well for a half usually the 1st half in the playoffs

As a example riverdale put up 65 points on smyrna at smyrna a few years ago and smyrna came to riverdale and was scorless at the half

The only thing good to come out of the previous whipping by riverdale was it forced Smyrna to completely re do their entire defense including everything from personell to schemes and alignment and it has paid off so far

If you are Smyrna this is all you can ask for a chance for redemption

As someone once said "you don't get many second chances in life but its not about the second chances but what you do with them that matters"

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The playoffs are do or die. As LC showed last night, there's no sense in leaving anything in the playbook.

One at a time....

Speaking of leaving things in the play book, did it seem Coach A played it a little conservative last night? I know LC played very hard and I am not taking anything from them. Except for the rocket pass it was pretty straight forward, up the middle or sweep. Not near as much option as the past few weeks.

my point is it will still be "blowout status" :thumb:

when people refer to smyna as thinking they will put up a good fight, its in the literal sense, because they will get frustrated and will start swinging in the 4th to try and tempt riverdale players to get suspended, just like in 2004

u don'thave to worry about that since good ol' dave has graduated.

Besides the win earlier in the year, it also gave R'dale's Mr Nolan a classy new hair cut. :lol:

Who's hair is on the line this time? Anybody think we can get 82cat to risk his? :thumb:

How about tdntn's? :o

And before anyone asks, NO I am NOT risking what little I have left!

If I thought it would help I would shave mine in a heartbeat :lol:

but more than likely it will come down to blocking and tackling etc

I really want Smyrna to win this one, not for the reasons that you folks think, but it would just be refreshing to see someone from our region that isnt Riverdale do well in the postseason. At this point, I believe its just as much as a mental hurdle for Smyrna as it is anything else. Smyrna is right there with Riverdale terms of talent, personnel, coaching ,etc etc.

8 years ago, Oakland fans thought this was our year, going 7-1 leading up to the game against Riverdale ( and turns out it was), losing to Riverdale in the regular season was devastating, but destiny gave us another chance, and the rest, as they say, is history. Smyrna will eventually break through a get a win against the warriors, its just a matter of time at this point. If Riverdale wins, Im fine with that, the region will send one team to the semi's and thats always impressive, regardless of the year or season.

I really want Smyrna to win this one, not for the reasons that you folks think, but it would just be refreshing to see someone from our region that isnt Riverdale do well in the postseason. At this point, I believe its just as much as a mental hurdle for Smyrna as it is anything else. Smyrna is right there with Riverdale terms of talent, personnel, coaching ,etc etc.

8 years ago, Oakland fans thought this was our year, going 7-1 leading up to the game against Riverdale ( and turns out it was), losing to Riverdale in the regular season was devastating, but destiny gave us another chance, and the rest, as they say, is history. Smyrna will eventually break through a get a win against the warriors, its just a matter of time at this point. If Riverdale wins, Im fine with that, the region will send one team to the semi's and thats always impressive, regardless of the year or season.

Hey I am all for it!!

The fun thing is to still be playing a lot of really good teams are at home right now

I will make one prediction the winner of this game will be in the clinic bowl

Hey I am all for it!!

The fun thing is to still be playing a lot of really good teams are at home right now

I will make one prediction the winner of this game will be in the clinic bowl

we work harder....that's why we win....it's no magical secret or a mental obstical..... we want it more