Fairley @ Henry County

VolunteerGeneral

1. Do not get the YANKER started on politics...my father is more livid than the

YANKER...but neither is happy with the recent turn of political events

2. The YANKER reads with amusement concerning the "tapegate" episodes of my "cougarring Swaplessly incorrect" friend

3. If Dickson County is the big rival you all say...then the YANKER would not trust their support

4. The YANKER is shocked that Ridgeway is out

5. Congratulations from the YANKER (who wishes it was JCM)

6. Carroll County out...it is about time

7. The YANKER is unhappy about this one

8. History will be made TWICE in the same night...Quarertinals at home and...the YANKER will be in attendance!!!!!

9. The YANKER respectfully declines the stay in historic downtown Munford!!!

10. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK YANKER, the next thing is that you will be wanting a pup, too.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if they just don't want the traffic in/out of school????? I got my Melrose ticket there but sales would have been less for away game than a home game.

Behind the stadium will get backed up!

I don't know but can you imagine what it will be like standing in line? They sold tickets in advance to M.E. game. Maybe the long lines will get Patriots really fired up! I just hope people get in before kickoff. School could have asked for parent volunteers to help in the office with ticket sales.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know but can you imagine what it will be like standing in line? They sold tickets in advance to M.E. game. Maybe the long lines will get Patriots really fired up! I just hope people get in before kickoff. School could have asked for parent volunteers to help in the office with ticket sales.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't Patriot Stadium hold 3,000? Last game was probably 75-80% full in stands?

I would say that if it not filled it will be very close. Plus the other seating and everybody that stands up. At least 3,500 maybe more!!!

I am not a season ticket holder. The thing that surprised me most at last game was the season ticket folks. You would think most all them would be there and with it being open to anybody to sit in they would be filled up in the middle??

I plan to be early as usual.

Don't Patriot Stadium hold 3,000? Last game was probably 75-80% full in stands?

I would say that if it not filled it will be very close. Plus the other seating and everybody that stands up. At least 3,500 maybe more!!!

I am not a season ticket holder. The thing that surprised me most at last game was the season ticket folks. You would think most all them would be there and with it being open to anybody to sit in they would be filled up in the middle??

I plan to be early as usual.

The ONLY thing good about the red seats is where they are placed, between the 40's. Other than that, they are the most uncomfortable, awkward seats I have ever had to sit in. They would be great if they would just remove the back rest. Anybody that has a normal set of knees has to sit sideways! Pitiful design.

But wingman, I'll be there EARLY too! I am getting excited!!!

The ONLY thing good about the red seats is where they are placed, between the 40's. Other than that, they are the most uncomfortable, awkward seats I have ever had to sit in. They would be great if they would just remove the back rest. Anybody that has a normal set of knees has to sit sideways! Pitiful design.

Wonder where the Fairley fans are? I wonder if this is an indication of how many will be there to support their team? I know the Fairley band will fill up the visitors side. Many people have commented that they missed the band last year and are excited to get the chance to hear them play again. Wonder if they will continue to play when our BIG RED ROLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Wonder where the Fairley fans are? I wonder if this is an indication of how many will be there to support their team?

RedPatriot,

My I'm a Memphis (Fairley) HS football fan.

As for the whereabouts of the full-bloodied Fairley fans -- my guess is that there aren't too many of 'em that even know about this CoachT board....I'm not too sure how many of 'em are going to show up to the game, Friday nite.

Maybe "Crc, Kwc, OMW, EastMustang" and/or other fellow Memphis CoachT members can enlighten us as to how well the Fairley fans travel with their team.

I'd love to see Fairley's fans PACK out the visitors stands!

I'll tell you this much...after much deliberation, I plan to attend this game (it could still change, though) instead of the Woodale vs White Station game. I decided that I'm more intrigued by the Fairley vs HC matchup vs the rematch of those teams....I'm pulling for Woodale, though.

Anyway, hopefully we can get more Memphians to sign up on CoachT. Until then, I guess the few of us will try to "hold down the fort," as best as we can.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go Fairley. Beat Henry County

I smell an UPSET brewing (hopefully)! :thumb:

There will be some Fairley faithful that will make the trip but not many.

I forgot to put this little bit of info in my report on Fairley. They like to spread you out offensively with splits. They will take five foot splits with their linemen to see if you will go with them with your defensive front. If you do they will try the qb sneak as they did with Brighton with success and with us to some limited success. The qb gives it away with his feet. One foot is back like he's coming out of the blocks at a track event. If his feet are even they will still try to exploit the spread with the fullback with a quick dive. We did well jumping into a gap front with two ones and stopping it.

It seems that Henryland is second guessing their abilities don't, you will win. I've already made plans to come see your semi game that's how sure I am of your victory.

Edited by cougarmike

If that is how they run the ball their OL better be really, really good. We have not played jam defense on receivers much if any this year. I know they can. Will be interesting to see if Pats look to take that away from them. How good are the 2 tackles, TE and RB's at blocking the pass rush from the DE's and blitzes?

How good are the LB's for Fairley as far as pursuit and tackling?

The inside pass protection is good. The holes are off the corners. Use press on the receivers to hold them up and throw off the qb and bring pressure off the corner. Hit him a few good times and he will start looking for the rush instead of the receivers.

LB's are very good. At times I thought we had the edge and they closed well. You might use motion from a slot to crack down inside for an outside play but you must be good enough to block the strong safety in space. With the crack block it will serve two purposes one you get to rattle his cage two you can cut off inside flow.

Use your size and power running game exploit their multiple defensive fronts from upstairs and you'll have a happy night. Don't let your players be drawn into any on the field problems that might get them ejected. It seems that every year in the past Fairley gets a player thrown out of a game for doing something out of frustration when we had a big lead. Obviously this year the game was close and that didn't happen. I will say this from everything I was told they conducted themselves like gentlemen at half time. But take measures to educate your team because if a player is ejected he is not only out for the rest of that game but the next as well.

RedPatriot,

My I'm a Memphis (Fairley) HS football fan.

As for the whereabouts of the full-bloodied Fairley fans -- my guess is that there aren't too many of 'em that even know about this CoachT board....I'm not too sure how many of 'em are going to show up to the game, Friday nite.

Maybe "Crc, Kwc, OMW, EastMustang" and/or other fellow Memphis CoachT members can enlighten us as to how well the Fairley fans travel with their team.

I'd love to see Fairley's fans PACK out the visitors stands!

I'll tell you this much...after much deliberation, I plan to attend this game (it could still change, though) instead of the Woodale vs White Station game. I decided that I'm more intrigued by the Fairley vs HC matchup vs the rematch of those teams....I'm pulling for Woodale, though.

Anyway, hopefully we can get more Memphians to sign up on CoachT. Until then, I guess the few of us will try to "hold down the fort," as best as we can.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go Fairley. Beat Henry County

I smell an UPSET brewing (hopefully)! <_<

We will welcome all Fairley fans to HC. Glad you have decided to make the trip to Paris. I hope the ride home isn't too disappointing. I'm sure you will see a good game but I believe you will have a long ride home. It would be nice to see more than 50 people on the visitors side. I don't understand why teams don't bring more fans with them. The Patriots are blessed to have a good following on the road. I guess we are just used to having to travel minimum of hour and half for each game. You would think other teams fans could travel once or twice a year!

We will welcome all Fairley fans to HC. Glad you have decided to make the trip to Paris. I hope the ride home isn't too disappointing. I'm sure you will see a good game but I believe you will have a long ride home. It would be nice to see more than 50 people on the visitors side. I don't understand why teams don't bring more fans with them. The Patriots are blessed to have a good following on the road. I guess we are just used to having to travel minimum of hour and half for each game. You would think other teams fans could travel once or twice a year!

Don't like to sit there either.